First date… again?

If Only

 

 

 

 

Seungri feel Chaerin was taking the whole 'plan' thing and making it into this huge secret. He loved the whole mystery of it, but it was getting old pretty quick. He had thought she would arrange for the date the day he called, but two days had passed and she has yet to confirm the venue. Personally, he was getting pissed off.

 

Seungri feel his hand itch. Should he dial the number he knew so well he could do it in the darkness or even with his eyes blindfolded.

 

You being dramatic again, ‘SeungHyun’ told him.

 

Coming to a decision, Seungri reached out towards the phone only to have it ring unexpectedly. He nearly jumped ten feet in the air, gripping one hand over his pounding heart.

 

"What?" Seungri pick up the phone to his ear and snap.

 

"Glad you also feeling great today," Chaerin tease and Seungri could hear the slight smile in her voice.

 

"You scared me," Seungri complaint, his heart still running a mile a minute.

 

Chaerin giggle softly. "Don't you expect the phone to normally ring?"

 

"Yeah, but not when I'm the one waiting next to it," Seungri said before his mind could properly process what he just said. He felt all the blood rush to his head.

 

"You… were waiting for my call?" Chaerin had a mix of joy and disbelief in her tone and it annoyed the hell out of Seungri, who already had a hard time of dealing with his own embarrassment.

 

"For your information, I was expecting an important call," Seungri decided to lie.

 

Chaerin decide to play with Seungri’s lie. "Oh really? Who?"

 

The silence stretched and finally Seungri give in. "Did you call me just to annoy me or what?" Because if you are, I…", he pretend to be angry.

 

"Can we have dinner tomorrow?" That came out in a rush and was totally unexpected.

 

Seungri was sit there doing his fish impression for God knows how long before Chaerin hesitantly asked, "It’s a ‘yes’ or ‘no’?"

 

"Yes, I mean, no, I mean, no, it's a yes. That's wrong, yes, it's a… wait," Seungri cut himself before he cause himself another round of embarrassment. "What time?" He sighed.

 

 

~*~

 

 

Seungri driving in his car, searching for the place that Jiyong has asked them to meet. He still got a few hour before his ‘date’ with Chaerin tonight. He had seen the article in the newspaper a few days ago about the carnival. Seungri never attract to this but because Mr. Billionaire really loves carnival, he just play along. He followed the sight of the huge Ferris Wheel to find the parking lot. As he got out of the car, he walk to the entrance and wait for his friend.

 

"Seungri," Jiyong call excitedly, waving at the photographer.

 

Seungri turn around and see Jiyong acting like ADHD kid while holding Boom’s noona hand.

 

"Hi, Seungri," Jiyong giggle.

 

There was definitely something off with Jiyong's greeting and the exasperated roll of Bom noona's eyes speak itself. He could smell something fishy.

 

"Is there something I should know about?" Seungri narrow his eyes suspiciously.

 

Something flickered in Jiyong's eyes. "Seungri, I want to introduce you to someone," he interject before Bom noona could speak.

 

The alarm bells that had been silent for the past two months now ring with disturbing force. "Kwon Jiyong," Seungri started, the tone of warning. "Don't you even dar…."

 

"Yeah," Jiyong said, nervously. "This is Boom noona's best friends, Lee Chaerin." The two of them moved aside to reveal Chaerin, who had been concealed by them. "This is the friend I was talking about, Lee Seungri."

 

Although confused, Seungri's features lit up brightly. "What?" He took a step towards his date. "I know…" He was stopped by Chaerin's hand that was put in his midsection.

 

"Nice to meet you, Seungri," Chaerin smile. It was a wicked smile. As if she was in same conspiracy with the Kwons.

 

"What are you doing?" Seungri whisper at Chaerin.

 

Chaerin’s eyes plead him, that say 'Play along'.

 

Seungri shook his head, feeling resigned. His bland expression said plainly 'Whatever, but I will get an explanation later'. Then he smiled at Chaerin. "Hi Chaerin. Nice meeting you."

 

"Let go." Jiyong said, entering the carnival with wide smile.

 

So, he wants me to play blind date? Seungri thought with a smile. What a crazy bastards. Still, it must have take an extremely long time for Chaerin to convince the Knows especially Jiyong that she wasn't going to rip my heart out again. Abruptly, he realised he still holding Chaerin’s hand.

 

Since they were playing at 'Just Met', Seungri decide to tease Chaerin. "Tell me, is this your first blind date?" He asked casually.

 

Chaerin smile. "Yes. And you?"

 

"Nah," Seungri told his 'blind' date briskly. "This is my fifteenth."

 

"What?" Chaerin blurted and let out a soft curse at the Kwons that walks in front of them.

 

Seungri burst out laughing. That'll teach them, he thought with satisfaction.