come back and bring my smile again

If Only

 

 

 

 

Seungri was packing up his equipment waving goodbye to some of the models. He felt eyes on him as he bent over, picking up his tripod. He turned and noticed two y models apparently staring at his . He smiled, shaking his head ruefully and straightened.

 

"Hey, Seungri," one of them come over.

 

Seungri guessed she is to be about his height without heels, but wearing five inches platforms, she made him feel like hobbit. "Hi," he tried to remember her name. "…."

 

"Hey, there's this new club…" She trailed off, her eyes shining with hope.

 

"Really? Tell us where, we love to meet you there," a lazy drawl made Seungri smile, as did two delicate arms sneaked around his waist. "Hi, honey," Chaerin pressed a soft kiss on Seungri’s cheek.

 

Seungri was too busy fighting the urge to burst into laughter as he watched the model walk away with a faint air of disappointment. "That was truly evil, Chaerin." He laughed lightly, picking up another bag from the floor.

 

"Want some lunch?" Chaerin ask they walked out to the car.

 

"Sound good," Seungri smiled. "Why you call me honey just now?" Seungri dumped his gear into the back of Chaerin's car.

 

"Don't you like it?" Chaerin got into the driver's seat and started the engine.

 

"Not if you really meant it," Seungri qrin, getting into the passenger's seat. "Wait. How did you manage to get out of Mr Ice King's grasp today? It’s Sunday. Isn't that like family bonding crap day or something like that?"

 

Chaerin lost her smile that she usually wore around the photographer. "Actually," she started to say, staring resolutely at the road.

 

"Is he at the studio?" Seungri guessed.

 

"No," she said, shortly. "He asked me to come and see you. He wants to see the pictures."

 

"Stop the car," Seungri said, softly.

 

Chaerin turned her head slightly, trying to catch a glimpse of Seungri yet not take her eyes completely off the road. "What?"

 

"I said, stop the car!" Seungri yelled, making a grab for the steering wheel.

 

The vehicle screeched to a stop as Chaerin slammed on the brakes. "What the hell is your problem?" she yell as Seungri pushed the door open and stalked off. "Fine, be that way!" she leaned over, slammed the passenger door that was left half closed by Seungri and speed off.

 

Seungri knew Chaerin wouldn't come after him but it still hurt to hear the car pull away from the sidewalk and disappeared. It had been almost one and a half month since the dinner at Kwon's house that changed both of their lives. For good or for worse. But he did know that his life had changed. After dinner that night, they go to Chaerin’s house. They talked for most of the night. She explained her position, her responsibility to her family and her father. To honour the decisions her father makes, ie to marry one Mr. Ice King.

 

Seungri didn't understand anything about family honour or responsibility but he had accepted. He wanted something with Chaerin, something that she was clearly offering as well. It had begun with a tentative kiss, the one that he had promised he would claim at the end of the second date and the one Chaerin had inadvertently promised him at the end of the first one.

 

That had sparked off the weirdest relationship between two of them. Seungri went to Chaerin's home after work, who cooked for them. They shared a meal, snuggled a little before Chaerin went off to her fiancee's home. They kissed but went no further than that. It was both of them decision.

 

Seungri sighed, trying really hard not to think about the sweet times of the past six weeks. It wasn't just all domestic bliss. How could it be when both parties carried along a huge load of excess emotional baggage and a tonne of past secrets? Chaerin want to know about Seungri's past,  Seungri's family, Seungri's EVERYTHING. Seungri want Chaerin to stand up to her father, end the engagement, and to live happily ever after. They pushed each other, sometimes a little too hard and it usually ended with one of them storming off, very much like today.

 

The photographer didn't know where he was going, or how far he went that afternoon. He walked and walked and found himself in his old neighbourhood. He sighed. He knew he was going to find himself here. He found the clinic easy enough; he had been here enough times. He took the stairs up to the second floor and knock on the door.

 

A light brown haired man, a few inches taller than him opened the door, looking slightly harassed.

 

"Seunghyun," he greeted and returned into the depth of the apartment, leaving the door open.