the test

If Only

 

 

 

 

Seungri sit at the doctor's office, his heart beat crazily. He has done a test few weeks ago and today was the result day. The doctor had take some blood and done some other weird things on him. Then he had gone through a God awful procedure called a marrow test. He was flat on his back while the doctor a.k.a Dr. Torture had plunged a nine inch needle into his back to extract some fluid. Even as doped up as he was, he had felt something going in and went completely limp. It was almost an hour before he could actually move again. He had tried to concentrate on what the doctor said to him, but most of the time his mind was completely frozen.

 

He could have cancer.

 

He could be dying.

 

He could lose Chaerin.

 

Fear seep insides him like an inner demons and spoke to him so loudly sometimes it was all he heard. For the past few days, he could hardly sleep, eat or work. All he wanted was to hug his girlfriend and believe that everything would be better, that all the pain and fear would go away. But he can’t tell her anything. For the past three weeks she had been constantly busy or missing or at some place or another. He so lonely and he found himself crying into his pillow more often than sleeping these days.

 

Two weeks, the doctor said they need two weeks to get the report back from the lab. During that time, Seungri could pretend that nothing was going on. He began to treasure the time he and Chaerin spent together.

 

Then, reality hit. The doctor gave him a call to tell him the results were out and he should go to his office as soon as possible. It sound worry and that did nothing to calm the already nervous photographer.

 

Seungri recalled how he spent last night frantically cleaning his entire apartment that you can even see a sparkle on the wall, then putting his running shoes and jogging for an hour before falling in bed exhausted. But, still he can’t sleep and spent the rest of night trying to figure out what would happen if the news was bad.

 

"Seungri," the doctor said as he walk in. "I'm sorry to make you wait." He sit opposite Seungri and smile at the young man.

 

Seungri feel his heart broken down. The smile on the doctor’s face wasn’t so assuring. The urge to run from the doctor room was on the edge.

 

"I have received your test results," the doctor pick a slim file and flip it open.