Its Over

If Only

 

 

 

The next morning Seungri wake up, he felt resolve. He know exactly what to do with his relationship with Chaerin. It was still early and the entire household was pretty much still asleep. He wandered into the foyer and found Jiyong’s butler, PSY. He asked to borrow a car and was thrown a set of keys with an affectionate warning of wanting it back in one piece.

 

"I don't drive that badly," Seungri answered, feeling a little humiliated.

 

PSY smile. "I've seen how you drive, Mr Lee, don't tell me how you drive."

 

Seungri pull the car out from the house and speed towards Chaerin's apartment. He locked the car and entered the building. The security was familiar enough with him coming and going not to question his presence at seven thirty in the morning. He punched for Chaerin's floor and relaxed against the side of the elevator, his mind going through the speech he wanted to deliver.

 

The elevator doors opened at Chaerin's floor with a soft ding. Seungri found himself growing nervous. It would be the right thing to do. Even if he lost her, it would be the correct thing to do. She could no longer play both sides and have everything and he can't only be the one to be sacrifice. Not anymore, he decided.

 

The walk from the elevator to Chaerin's apartment seem mile long and it took forever. But all too soon, Seungri found himself standing in front of the door, his finger hovering over the bell.

 

I can do this, I can do this; Seungri repeated the matra over and over. Taking a deep breath, he press the bell.

 

Long moments pass and he heard she rush to the door, pull it open. Wow! Even in the morning she look beautiful.

 

"Seungri," Chaerin’s eyes widened in surprise. There was something else behind it. Panic? Or something else. "What are you doing here?" Yes, it wasdefinitelypanic.

 

"I decided to stop being childish," Seungri quote, smiling lightly.

 

"You should have call first," Chaerin looked distinctively unhappy and extremely uncomfortable.

 

Damned alarm started ringing in Seungri's head, loudly. "You have company." It wasn't a question.

 

Chaerin couldn't meet the accusation in Seungri's eyes. "You should have called first," she repeated.

 

"And that would change things, how?" Seungri asked evenly. "I know it is none of my business, but who?" He refused to blame himself.

 

"Chaerin, darling, who is it?" A familiar voice echoed through the house.

 

TOP? Seungri mouthed, feeling like he was just received a er punched. The voice within screamed for him to run, run and never come back, never look back. This was happening all over again, how could it be happening again? Why was this happening to him?

 

"Go back to bed, TOP," Chaerin call out, closing the door behind her as she step into the hall.

 

"So," Seungri was loss of words.

 

Chaerin lean heavily against the door. "Seungri, that… It's…"

 

"I don't want to know," Seungri interrupted. "What you do with your fiancée is your affair." He stressed the word carefully. "Chaerin, this isn't working."

 

Chaerin take a step and clamped her hands on Seungri's arm, bringing the photographer close to her. "Don't say that, don't ever say that. I wait for you to come but you never did. I thought you wouldn't come back anymore. I thought I lost you," she choked out, pulling Seungri into a tight hug. "I got drunk and TOP came and…." she trailed off.

 

Seungri remained unresponsive in Chaerin’s embrace, feeling stone had take place in his heart. He felt numb, but that would change soon he knew it. "So it is my fault?"

 

"No," Chaerin pull back, her gaze boring into Seungri. There was a pain in her eyes. "I never meant that, I…"

 

"I came here to tell you that I would only be fully committed to this relationship if you ended your engagement. To let me feel that I am truly yours." His voice was empty, void of any emotion. "Now I see it is no longer needed."

 

"What do you mean?" Chaerin whispered, sounded pain.

 

"You clearly can't let go of him, and I don't want to get in between you and your duty," Seungri continued to speak in robotic way.

 

Chaerin reached out for Seungri but he backed away. The photographer clearly didn't want to be touched. "Seungri, I…" she was cut off by Seungri lifting his hand to stop further excuses.

 

"What I meant to say is," Seungri sighed. "It's over."