Ashamed

If Only

 

 

 

 

"Seungri. Are you just going to keep avoiding me?" Chaerin demanded, startling the photographer who had been locking the door of his studio.

 

She had tried to contact Seungri but no avail. She was either dismissed rudely by Seungri’s assistant or Seungri would just hang up on her. She was afraid to approach Bom noona for help, knowing how close the Kwon family to Seungri. In a fit of frustration, she decided to take ‘extreme’ way, meet Seungri at his studio.

 

Seungri turn around, eyes wide with shock. "What can I do for you, Ms. Lee Chaerin?" He asked, try to walk pass her.

 

Chaerin grab Seungri's arm spontaneously. "Seungri. Why can't we talk about this?"

 

"What's there to talk about?" Seungri asked, emotionless while staring at the blond woman while circling his arm.

 

Chaerin was completely taken aback. This was not ‘normal’ Seungri and she was not familiar with serious Seungri.

 

"About TOP, it was a mistake," Chaerin say.

 

Seungri twisted slightly, releasing his arm from Chaerin's grasp. "It was a mistake once and it can be a mistake again. It doesn't matter. I understand."

 

"No you don't understand," Chaerin wanted so much to scream at Seungri, to make him understand her situation, but they were in front of the studio that located in a very high-class street and she had a reputation to maintain. "He means nothing to me, Seungri, nothing."

 

Seungri shook his head sadly, his eyes still alarmingly blank. "Ms. Lee Chaerin, let me ask you a question. What make up a relationship?"

 

Chaerin become speechless. Her mind ran all ways but ended up blank and empty.

 

Seungri nod at watching Chaerin’s reaction. "When you have an answer to that, then you come and speak to me." Then he turn his feet and walk away.

 

"Please," Chaerin said, embracing Seungri from behind. "You know how important you are to me, Seungri. Don't do this."

 

Seungri twist his body slightly and Chaerin have to let go. "Do I?" He let out a pain laugh."

 

"I love you," Chaerin told him, hoping some of the emotion she felt could be transmitted by Seungri.

 

"Don't. Don't hurt me like that."

 

"I don't even know what is hurting you!!!" Chaerin blurted out. "You don't tell me anything."

 

Seungri shrugged. "I tell you everything."

 

"No, you are hiding things from me." Chaerin reached out and took Seungri's hand.

 

The photographer remained stubbornly silent but his eyes were on their clasped hands. "You cheat on me."

 

"How can I cheat on you when we haven't started anything?" Chaerin said angrily.

 

Seungri feel his jaw drop. "We were dating for six weeks before this. And you said…" His face drop, hurt fill his eyes. "I have the answer to my question. It is . We have nothing to talk about." He try to pull his hand away, but Chaerin grap it tight.

 

"What?" Chaerin ask in confused. Suddenly she remember Seungri’ question. ‘What make up a relationship?’ Oh no. "No, that's not what I…" she cut off abruptly, hearing someone walking towards them. Chaerin let go Seungri's hand like it was some disease and take a step back. When the person past and disappeared around the corner, she turn back to Seungri.

 

Seungri seems to be even more hurt than before and he staring at his hand. The one Chaerin was holding. "Are you embarrassed of me," Seungri whispered, looking at Chaerin with pain written on every line of his handsome face.

 

Chaerin start shaking her head. "No, I…" she tried desperately to explain but it seem useless. Seungri withdraw away when Chaerin try to come closer. He shaking his head at her before turn around and ran away.