A fresh start

If Only

 

 

 

 

 

"Seungri," Chaerin asked, throwing away the wrapper for a hot dog Seungri insisted was the best food in the entire world.

 

"Hmm?" Seungri answered, distractedly, his attention still focused on happily munching his food.

 

"We’re on date right?" Chaerin continued.

 

Seungri rolled his eyes at his 'date'. "You think?"

 

Chaerin clear . "Well, we have been doing so many things people do on their blind date."

 

"So?" he said while stuffing the remainder of the hot dog into his mouth.

 

"I think we’re missing something," Chaerin said as her eyes still searching for something. Then she saw it. "Let go," she told Seungri and grabbing his hand.

 

"Hey," Seungri protested. "Where are we going?"

 

They standing in front of a shooting booth. "I think you’re supposed to win me a plushy." Her eyes eyeing the 'prizes' that hang in that small booth.

 

Seungri cracked a smile. He is feeling happy that Chaerin had enjoy ‘this’ date.

 

Seungri paid the operator and get rubber bullet and plastic gun. He aim and quickly eliminate one targets with ease.

 

‘BANG!’

 

Flash.

 

The gangs, hurting the kids. No one to protect them.

 

‘BANG!’

 

Flash.

 

Daesung running, bloody shoulder. They have taken our territory.

 

‘BANG!’

 

Flash.

 

Blood. Pain.

 

‘BANG!’

 

 

"Seungri," Chaerin call him.

 

Abruptly, the noise of the sounds at the carnival came rushing back to Seungri and he found himself breathing hard, almost panting.

 

"Are you okay?" Chaerin asked worriedly.

 

Seungri force a smile. "Sorry, I’m just spaced out. Now, I think it is your turn to choose."

 

 

 

Seungri lean his back against the seat in the car. He thought their ‘date’ went pretty well besides that little incident that almost caused him to backslide into his past life.

 

"You have something to ask me?" Chaerin predicted.

 

"You think?" Seungri mocked. "What's with the whole blind date thing?"

 

Seungri could see that Chaerin’s cheek has turned pink as she blush in the dim light. "I just want us to start again." she said as they fingers intertwined.

 

Seungri understand it well. A fresh start, no history, no pain, no pressure, just the two of them, having fun.

 

He reach out and cup Chaerin’s cheek, bringing their faces closer for a kiss. She watched as Seungri’s lips closer inch by inch. "I don't kiss on the first date," she whisper in seductive tone.

 

Seungri was hurt that Chaerin could like this, but thinking again, maybe it was probably a best thing to do. Maybe they should wait for their relationship to grow.

 

"Good night, Seungri." Chaerin said kissing the photographer cheek and got out of the car.

 

Only after waving to Chaerin and watch she enter the building safely, Seungri pull away.