Winning Lee Seungri’s heart

If Only

 

 

 

 

IU peep from the pantry at her boss who seemed more depressed by the day. Seungri was slumped over his laptop, chin propped up on one fist checking the finishing on TOP and Chaerin's wedding pictures. He sighed, his eyes raking over the elegant picture Chaerin in her bridal gown. It was another failure in his life. Easy come, easy go. He sighed again. His memory refresh back the memory of two nights ago. It had been a horrible confrontation.

 

Hey what’s up? ‘SeungHyun’ was back.

 

Go away.

 

Didn't you miss me?

 

Where were you when I needed you to kick my ? Seungri accused.

 

Giving up on the pretence of working, Seungri saved the file and began surfing idly through the Internet, but his mind was still one hundred percent on Chaerin. She seemed completely confused when Seungri asked her what made a relationship. Could it be that hard for her to answer?

 

He wondered if he should just take the day off and go to see Daesung. He need some air and to work off some tension and Daesung’s punching bag was always an effective tool. Or it was Daesung that has turn into punching bag?

 

But ever since that unexpected incident that night, Seungri had been a little afraid to go back. It was different than facing your past when it was chasing you, intent on eating your soul. No, it would do him good to stay away for a while. Seungri was so afraid that his past will show up.

 

Besides, he would see Daesung soon if his friend is willing to join ‘the weekly dinner affair’ host by Kwon Jiyong and this time he will made sure this one friend didn't have a blind date waiting for him. Besides, he think Jiyong had learnt his lesson with Chaerin. Causing eternal heartache was something friends shouldn't do to other friends.

 

An on-line news caught his eye. He sighed with relief this time. Mr Ice King was out of the country for a month. That meant no annoying calls for at least a month. What a great way to clear his head.

 

And trust me, you need it, ‘Seunghyun’ joke. There's a lot of crap in here.

 

Shut up, Seungri replied annoyingly. It didn't bother him one bit that he was actually carrying on a conversation with his own sub-conscious.

 

"Boss?" IU called out hesitantly. "Are you okay?"

 

Seungri tilted his head and smiled at his assistant, sitting up. His back ached in protest. "Owww," he winced, rubbing at it.

 

IU immediately looked concerned. "What's wrong?"

 

Seungri flashed his best smile. "Bad posture. So, what's up?"

 

"Uhm…" She had something behind her which she took out uncertainly. "I didn't know if I should give it to you." It was a box, with a card attached.

 

"A present?" Seungri’s mood brightened immediately. "For me?" He reached out and took it from his assistant. He shook it cautiously, but no so sound. Maybe something soft, his mind told him. Seungri always loved presents. He never get any present during childhood that why every present he got was cherished and lovingly kept even if he really hated it.

 

"Read the card," IU told her boss.

 

Seungri frowned at the worry tone from his assistant and took the card and read. His face immediately pale when he read the message.

 

Seungri,

I know I don't deserve your forgiveness, but I am going to try for it anyway. I am going to win you back, even it is the last thing I do. Please read your email.

I love you.

-C-

 

Seungri gripped the card and the box, not sure whether to throw it across the room or to open it.

 

"Boss?" IU asked.

 

"When…" He took a deep breath. "When did this come?"

 

IU bit her lip. "This morning, you were out … she came this morning to drop it off."

 

"How did she look?" Seungri almost kicked himself for asking.

 

"Miserable."

 

For some reason, that made Seungri feel better. At least he was not the only one who felt like right now. While happiness was enjoyed by everyone, was meant to be shared, in Seungri's biased opinion.

 

IU continued. "She scared the hell out of me, but she didn't insist seeing you like she usually did. She just told me to make sure you got that," IU point at the box in his boss's hands. "You want me to throw it out?"

 

Seungri stare at the box and at his computer, chewing his lower lip. He not checked his mails in days. He reached out for the mouse and clicked his inbox. There were about fifteen unread mails but after a quick scan, he found the one he was looking for. He felt slightly nauseous from all the nerves and he swallowed hard. His finger hovered over the mouse, wondering if he really wanted to read what Chaerin had to tell him. Coming to a decision, quickly clicked on the message before he turn cold feet.

 

I'm ending our engagement. Speak to you when you get back. Lee Chaerin.

 

A smile appeared from nowhere and seemed to slap itself on Seungri’s face. He felt his pulse racing as excitement and joy thundered through every single pore in his body. This was not a dream.

 

Nope, ‘SeungHyun’ assured. I would pinch you, but I have no fingers.

 

Shut up.

 

This was for real. Chaerin was choosing, finally choosing between her responsibility and her heart. And she chose him. This was really happening.

 

"Boss, are you sure you’re okay?" IU asked hesitantly. Her boss was now grinning like an idiot. It was true that her boss's moods were sometimes like someone with PMS, but this was totally weird.

 

Seungri ignored his assistant and stared at the box in his hands. He ripped the wrapping like kids get present. There a bracelet that had a flat band for inscription. It was classy, suit with Chaerin’s expensive taste. He turned the bracelet over and read what Chaerin had engraved.

 

 I'm sorry. C

 

Seungri feel as if his heart was about to explode. He still didn't completely trust her, but at least she was doing something for them, for their future. Seungri feel that himself taking a small step to the long road towards trusting her.

 

You're really a er for punishment, aren't you? ‘SeunHyun’ observed.

 

You think so? Seungri asked worriedly.

 

She seems like she is doing the right thing.

 

Should I trust her?

 

You have already started it,idiot, ‘SeungHyun’ scoff off.

 

"What are you going to do?" IU asked, bringing Seungri back to reality.

 

"What should I do?" Seungri ask his assistant the same question back.

 

IU sat next to Seungri. "Can she be trusted this time?"

 

Seungri smiled ruefully. "Now that's the million dollar question. Ask me a month ago, I would say 'yes' without a doubt. Now, I can't even say 'maybe' without a doubt."

 

Saying 'maybe' means you doubt, genius, ‘SeunHyun’ laughed.

 

You are my sub-conscious not my English teacher, Seungri reply.

 

I'm not the crazy one who's talking to myself, ‘SeungHyun’ said and left.

 

"What do you want to do?" IU dig in.

 

Seungri shrugged himself. "I want very much for me to trust her. I want to see how she is going to win me as she says" He said.

 

IU feel a bubble of excitement at the returning spirit of her boss. This was the Seungri she knew, and if this one girl can give him so much life, she would try to support her all the way. "I think you should give it one more try. Call her." She got up and left him alone.

 

Seungri decided not to call Chaerin. He didn't even know what to say to her. He turned towards his laptop again, staring at the email he received. Deciding what to say, he hit the reply button and typed furiously before he had the chance to change his mind.

 

Stage one and two clear. Proceed to Stage three.

 

Seungri pressed send and leaned back against his chair, the bracelet, realising that Chaerin had touched this. He didn't normally wear jewellery and no matter who this was from, he felt uncomfortable putting it on. Back day in the neighbourhood, wearing expensive jewellery meaning bad invitation and throughout the years, Seungri had custom into it. No, he will keep it. He put it away into the box and stored it in his drawer, unable to stop smiling. Damned if he was so sentimental. And this was the girl who brutally tore his heart out.

 

But she's trying to glue it back together, ‘SeungHyun’ said.

 

Aren't you supposed to be devil?

 

Suddenly Seungri’s mobile phone rang abruptly, startling him. He stared at the caller ID and realised it was Chaerin when he saw the private number message flashing. It ring a few more times while Seungri continued to fight with himself.

 

Just answer it!, ‘SeungHyun’ told him.

 

Seungri decided to take ‘SeungHyun's’ advice and he quickly slide the answer button. "Hello?"

 

"Seungri," Chaerin sighed.

 

Seungri could almost see the smile on his face and heard the overwhelming relief from Chaerin's voice and could almost make himself believe that she actually missed him. "How are you?"

 

"I’m worried sick."

 

"About?" Seungri teased. He wasn't going to let Chaerin go off easily despite having decided to give their relationship another try. He was going to make her work for it this time. Maybe Jiyong was right, play hard to get this time… umh… harder to get.

 

"You know what about," Chaerin said, seriously. "I want us to start again. I want us to be like a normal couple. I want us to go on dates. I want us to celebrate weird anniversaries. I want us to argue about which movies to watch. I want us…" She trailed off.

 

"You want us…." Seungri prompted. 

 

"To be together again. And I want you to know what that means to me. I know that I screwed up. I want you to give me a chance. I won't ask you to trust me. I'll have to earn it. I just want a chance to show you I deserve it." Even through the phone, Seungri was stunned by the sincerity in Chaerin's voice.

 

"I'm afraid, Chaerin," Seungri confessed. "You did the one thing I was afraid you would do."

 

"I know," Chaerin said, sadly. "Can you spell stupid?"

 

"C-H-A-E-R-I-N," Seungri joked and they laugh, easing the tension.

 

Chaerin sighed heavily over phone. "I wish I could see you. I wish you will forgive me, but I know it’s not going to be easy."

 

A sudden worry assailed Seungri. Did the Kwons tell something to her? "How… Why are you doing this all of a sudden?" He forced the question out.

 

There was silence and for a minute there Seungri thought they got disconnected. "Because I just had a taste of being without you for two weeks and I don’t want that to ever happen again."

 

"Okay, who are you and what have you done with Lee Chaerin?" Seungri was dumbfounded at how different Chaerin sounded.

 

She laughed. "I'm still the same. So, does stage three on?"

 

Seungri sighed, knowing what Chaerin trying to do.

 

Seungri knew he was lost. He might as well get lost with her. "Yes."

 

 

your wish is my command...long chapter this time^^bow 90 degree...