bride and groom

If Only

 

 

 

Lee Chaerin.

 

That name brought a small pang of pain. She was the most gorgeous person he has ever seen in a long time and now she was marrying someone. Seungri could remembered the first time he met her about a month ago when TOP kind of drag his future bride in. IU had to remind him to pick his eyes up from the floor while his assistant worked to reposition his dropping jaw. He had been that close to drooling if his assistant don’t constantly keep reminding him. She was smiling that day and he believed he could count all the words she speak during the day. From that day on, the photographer looked forward to TOP's sessions, even if he didn't want to see the man all that much. His heart speed up at the thought of seeing the bride again.

 

It felt like he was a er for punishment but he had always pined for something that he can't have. Somehow, knowing that he can't have it, therefore, can't be hurt by it was much safer than taking the plunge. He had taken extra care in cleaning up the pictures with Chaerin in it, even had one copy of her personal portrait in his wallet. Yes, that sounded absolutely desperate, but Seungri could care less. There was a small Lee Chaerin shrine in his home and another one in his dark room, two places that were strictly off limits to anyone but him.

 

He saw Chaerin check him out a couple of times (he'll blame his imaginary department for that) but Seungri put it off as wishful thinking. After all, she is going to marry that stoic man in another few months.

 

Seungri quickly found his favourite bench in the park and settled himself on it, leaning back and letting the warm breeze take his troubles away. He knew part of his depression was due to the whole Lee Chaerin issue. He personally didn't believe in love at first sight, hell, he didn't even believe in love anymore, but every time she stared at him with those puppy brown eyes and he felt his heart clench for something more than just a look.

 

"Seungri?" A familiarly quiet voice called out.

 

"Chaerin," Seungri winced, unable to mask the surprised joy and excitement in his tone. Idiot, he berated himself. This woman was about to marry someone else, he give himself a mental slap.

 

Chaerin smiled. "Yeah, needed some time away from…." she cut herself off abruptly. "Work," she finished lamely.

 

Inwardly, Seungri smiled. Needed some time away from that stoic man, don't we? This was the first time he saw the serious Lee Chaerin smile and not the slight smirk variety that seemed like second nature to him around her fiancée.

 

"Is that a reserved seat or is it still open to public?" she lifted her brow at the bench Seungri was currently sit in.

 

Seungri scooted over, leaving a space for her. "Sorry."

 

"You look tired," Chaerin turned and stared hard at the photographer, his dark circles and pale face are no joke, she thought.

 

"Probably because I am," Seungri admittedly candidly. "Your husband is driving me up the wall with his attics."

 

"He isn't my husband yet," Chaerin muttered somberly, good humour vanished in an instant.

 

Seungri was shocked into speechlessness. Damn if he didn't hear that angry tone from her. But they appeared to be such a perfect couple.

 

"Hey, I'm sorry. I don't really know," Seungri admitted, more than a little confused.

 

Chaerin sighed. "No, I should be apologising, not you. I didn't mean to snap at you like that."

 

Seungri turned away from the raw pain in those brown eyes, unsure of what to say to her and yet driven by the desire to comfort her.

 

Chaerin stared at the back of Seungri's head, eyes roaming freely over those blond hair she had admired for weeks. She fantasized the hair must be soft when she touch it. , this was getting bad. The photographer had been haunting her dreams since the day they met and prolonged interaction with each other had only heightened her desire. She wondered briefly how TOP would react when he finds out that his future wife’s heart is on someone else. She shuddered to think how her father would react.

 

Her father was the man responsible for most of her decisions in her life, including the arranged married. It was a strategic business decision and nothing to do with her happiness. For years, she had been taught to be perfect in everyway. 

 

How her father would react if she call off the wedding?

 

She laughed softly at herself.

 

Seungri turn his head around at that sound only to find his movements somewhat restricted.

 

"Ow," Seungri realize that his hair has been grab by.... Chaerin. He slowly looked into her eyes, a slow blush creeping up his cheeks.

 

Chaerin released her fingers immediately and her cheeks begin to match with the photographer cheeks. "I… I… got to go." she got up from the bench clumsily and walked as fast as she could without realizing that she was running. Gods, who was she kidding, she was running. As much as she wanted to, she didn't look back.

 

Why are my pants ringing? Seungri thought absently, before realising it was his cell phone.

 

"Take five ladies," he called out to the troupe of models he was photographing and picked up the call. It was a private number. "Hello?" He asked cautiously.

 

"Uhm…" One word, more a slight grunt than a word, but the very sound of that voice sent a shaft of pure joy vibrating through him.

 

It's Chaerin, he thought. How did she get my number?

 

It's on your business card you idiot, his mind scolded.

 

"Chaerin?" Seungri winced at the joy in his voice. Isn't that a huge tip off that he was lusting over another person's intended? Get a grip idiot.

 

"Hi Seungri," the voice said pleasantly, still a little nervous. "I called to… I.. I'm sorry."

 

That was new. "Sorry, for what?" Seungri was confused.

 

"About the whole… uhm…" she faltered. "Hair thing."

 

Seungri smiled, feeling relieved. "Oh, don't worry about it, nothing big deal. Besides, I kind of liked having you hold my hair like that……" ! Did my freaking mouth run off again? This is bad, must get off the phone, must stop own humiliation. "Sorry, got to go, don't worry about it. Everything is fine. Bye." He quickly disconnected the line, his heart pounding and face flushed a deep red.

 

Gods, that was so embarrassing. He didn't blame Chaerin if she never came back to his studios again. Hell, I wouldn't.

 

A low beep from his cell phone indicated a message received. It read:

 

                Dinner tonight? Let me make it up to you? -Chaerin.

 

Seungri smiled.

 

 

thank you everyone^^ hope u guys enjoy the holidayXD