Meet the Interfering Friend

If Only

I'm back^^


 

 

"If it's the Mr. Ice King, tell him to go to hell. The damned pictures are finalised." Which also meant Seungri wouldn't have to see TOP wrapping around Chaerin's waist like she was his damned possession anymore. It also meant Seungri would be seeing a lot less of Chaerin in the days to come. This may work out to be the best, despite the sudden pang that he felt.

 

Would she do that? ‘SeungHyun’ asked, seriously.

 

I wish I knew what she was thinking; Seungri told his sub-conscious sadly.

 

Don't we all?

 

"Boss," IU called out. "It's Mr. Kwon."

 

"Thanks," Seungri picked up the phone and released the hold button.

 

"Hey Seungri," came a bright and cheery voice.

 

"Morning, Ji." Seungri's smiled.

 

Kwon Jiyong, the Chairman of GD Group, a billionaire maestro and all round Mr Nice Guy, was his best friend since his sixteen years old. Jiyong was several years older than him.

 

"Are we on for dinner tonight?" Jiyong asked, overflowing with good cheer.

 

Seungri winced at the cheerfulness of his friend. It was his personal opinion that the blond ran on adrenaline instead of food and water, the normal fuel like the rest of mankind.

 

You run on sugar, ‘SeungHyun’ put in.

 

"Sure, Ji, the usual, right?" Seungri said, deciding to ignore ‘SeungHyun’.

 

Weekly dinners at Jiyong's house were a normal occurrence and it was a tradition that he absolutely adhered to strictly. It was a way to keep in touch and exchange news, he said. But in Seungri's opinion, it was a way to keep setting him up with strangers. At least, that was Jiyong's new hobby these days ever since his break up. A major event in Seungri's life which he was slowly getting over, by himself.

 

Don't forget by yourself, with Chaerin, ‘SeungHyun’ reminded him gleefully.

 

"Uh… Seungri," Jiyong sounded hesitant.

 

Alarm bells rang ominously in Seungri's head. It was the normal cycle of the ‘Big Set Up’; Jiyong's hesitancy before springing the ‘Big Match Up’. Then it was Seungri's turn for the ‘Big Blow Up’. Seungri decided to cut directly to blowing up.

 

"No, Jiyong, no way," he yelled, resisting the urge to fling his phone across the room.

 

Silence. It was always silence. Seungri wondered why Jiyong don't just try heavy breathing for variety's sake.

 

Your mind makes sick leaps, ‘SeungHyun’ laughed silently.

 

You're my mind! Seungri reminded.

 

Damn, guilt trip. Kwon Jiyong used silence as a weapon as effectively as mercenaries used guns, and with equal precision. A little too much of it would be overkill, but too little would not be effective enough.

 

Seungri sighed tiredly, throwing in the towel. "I'm probably going to hate her, you know." It was easier to give up than to struggle needlessly. It was just another blind date. No big deal. This would make it, oh, the fourteenth since the ‘Big Break Up’ a few months ago. Thirteen idiots. All of them unable to hold a flame to the woman that brutally ripped his heart out. Thirteen idiots who were definitely unable to hold a flame to one y, goddess named Lee Chaerin.

 

"Don't worry about her," Jiyong gushed, excitedly. He knew he had won, the idiot. "I think you will like her."

 

"Right," Seungri drawled out, not completely assured. That was what his friend had said the last thirteen times. "Look, see you tonight about seven, alright? I have to get back to work."

 

"Aren't you going to ask me about her?" Jiyong sounded confused.

 

Seungri laughed softly. "What for? I'll find out tonight. Besides, I don't think I'll like her." I'm too busy lusting over one Lee Chaerin, he thought ruefully to himself. He said a quick goodbye and got back to work.

 

"Big Set Up again?" IU guessed, seeing the mild annoyance on his boss normally happy expression.

 

Seungri sighed heavily. "Interfering friends."

 

"They care, boss."

 

"How do I get them to stop?" Seungri thought out loud, not really expecting an answer. He was, therefore, shocked when his assistant offered a pretty interesting suggestion.

 

"Why don't you go there with a date?" Her eyes twinkled with mischief. "They would definitely stop when you go there with someone hanging onto your arm."

 

"That's absolutely genius!" Seungri leapt to his feet, grabbing his assistant's hands and swinging her in an impromptu jig. "I could kiss you!"

 

IU giggled, letting her boss lead her in a wild sort of crazy dance. "I would actually prefer a raise."

 

Seungri levelled her a mock glare. "If your job description included butting in on your boss's life, you deserved a promotion years ago."

 

"Well, that's for helping," IU pulled her hands away, pouting at the now gleeful young man, stung.

 

With a speculative look, Seungri settled down in his chair, starting to plan. Who would he ask to masquerade as his girlfriend?