Baka SeungHyun!

If Only

 

 

 

"So, would you like some wine?" Chaerin offered, perusing through the wine list.

 

Seungri was still somewhat shell shocked and continued to stare at her.

 

"Seungri!" Chaerin laughed and that served to snap Seungri out of his daze, or whatever you called staring at someone and gaping like a goldfish.

 

"You should laugh more often," he told her quietly. It made her look years younger.

 

Chaerin quirked a small smile. "Not much to laugh about."

 

They were interrupted when a waiter came to take their order. Seungri let Chaerin order for him, and sat back, watching her that seemed so at ease in this setting.

 

"Tell me about yourself," Chaerin said, after the waiter left with their order, taking a small sip of water.

 

This is where thing get awkward, Seungri thought. "What do you want to know?" He countered, pasting on a bright smile that didn't reach his eyes. There were a few things that he never spoke of, and his past was one of them. He wasn't sure where Chaerin was going to go with that line of questioning, but sooner or later, his past would be brought up.

 

Chaerin stared at Seungri for a while, taking in the brilliant smile which was at odds with the almost strained look in his eyes. , she had clumsily wandered into dangerous territory. "Well," Chaerin cleared . "I have always wondered how it would feel like having a dozen gorgeous models bending at your very command," she smiled evilly.

 

Seungri released a breath he didn't know he was holding. Somehow he feels that Chaerin got it, she freaking got the message. Once again, Seungri was forced re-evaluate Chaerin's perceptive ability. Well, she was a good businesswoman, and if his friend Jiyong was a good example, the woman opposite him was extremely perceptive. That means she wouldn't be prying into areas where she wasn't welcome, but would also know his weak spots. Inwardly, Seungri sighed. Everything was a freaking trade off. Spend time with her, let she know your deepest inner most secrets. Don't spend time with her, spend the rest of the photo session with her fiancée checking out her .

 

Hey, Seungri thought brightly, not too bad.

 

"Well," Seungri told Chaerin self deprecatingly, trying to turn his thoughts back to what was an evening filled with possibilities. "It helps that I don't have any vested interest in them bending over personally. The girls know me too well." 

 

Chaerin sat forward, with an even more mischievous glint in her puppy eyes. "I meant the male models."

 

Seungri chokes on his own saliva. Once again, he got the whole fish impersonation down pat, trying to catch his breath, while Chaerin came over and started patting him on the back. He realised belatedly that Chaerin was trying to tell him that he was gay? Oh damn those rumour! 

 

"Don’t trust the rumour," Seungri said blushingly after he got his breath. "Thank God I wasn't eating or drinking." This Lee Chaerin was a different Lee Chaerin he was used to. This Lee Chaerin actually had a sense of humour.

 

Chaerin shrugged nonchalantly. "Not to worry, mouth to mouth resuscitation are my fortes," she lifted an eyebrow… suggestively?

 

Seungri was definitely dreaming now. At a loss of words for the first time ever, he was glad for the distraction the waiter brought, along with the food. They ate in relative silence, commenting idly on the food and other safe subjects. He definitely didn't want to be caught between a mouth full of food and Chaerin's own brand of humour on the first date.

 

So now, it's a date, his mind, whom now Seungri tagged as his stupidly logical side called ‘SeungHyun’, nagged.

 

Shut up! Seungri told 'SeungHyun' viciously.

 

Make me, ‘Seunghyun’ taunted.

 

Seungri decided that talking to ‘himself’ when he had a gorgeous specimen of woman opposite him was just too ridiculous.

 

"What are you thinking about?" Chaerin asked, toying with her fork, a soft smile on her face.

 

"Huh?" Seungri said intelligently, looking up.

 

"You looked like you really concentrating on something. I could almost hear the wheels of your mind clicking from here," Chaerin told him wryly. "Tell me if I'm boring you."

 

Seungri's eyes widened with shock at his inappropriate obsession with ‘SeungHyun’. "Of course not, you are the most fun I've had in months. I mean, I haven't been on a date in ages and you are so breathtaking and…."

 

Seungri, you and your mouth again, ‘SeungHyun’ chided.

 

Well, I thought that my mind controlled my mouth, Seungri shot back. And that's where you come in.

 

Nothing controls that mouth of yours, ‘SeungHyun’ mocked. It works independently of anything remotely intelligent in your body.

 

That's what you think, Seungri resisted the urge to stick out his tongue petulantly at a non existing person and realised how close he was to being utterly insane. He raised his eyes shyly to meet Chaerin's and found the she sitting there with a warm smile of, well, delight. It was more than that, but Seungri could only read the joy and the rest was lost in his embarrassment.

 

"So, how about dessert?" Chaerin changed the subject, judging by the deep red hue painting the photographer’s cheeks that this subject should be dropped delicately.

 

 

Chaerin found out that night that Seungri and sugar should be kept as far apart from each other as possible. She was run ragged when Seungri overdosed and went into a sugar high. The photographer dragged her into the club where he proceeded to dance crazily. Chaerin watch Seungri dance with woman and woman, most of them doing their damnest to catch the eye of what she thought to be the most y man in the entire club that night.

 

"What are you doing just standing there?" Seungri yelled at her, waving her over. "Come and have some fun!" He invited, twirling another girl in his arms.

 

Chaerin smiled faintly, declining the invitation with a slight shake of his head.

 

Seungri shrugged in an almost 'Your loss' expression and continued to lavish his attention on the girl. The music changed, slowing and all over the crowded dance floor, dancers began pairing off. The fhotographer enjoyed the joy of the music running through him, but he had no intention of dancing anything slow with the girl in front of him who was looking longingly at him at the moment. He smiled, shrugging in apology and moved away, only to be stopped by someone.

 

"Wanna dance?" Ms. Curly blond hair and blue eyes said.

 

"Thanks, but I've had enough," Seungri declined, trying to get around her but she grab his wrist.

 

Ms. Curly blond hair and blue eyes, smiled, leaning close to Seungri, filling the photographer’s nostril with a pungent scent of alcohol. "Come on, don't be such a tease."

 

"Let go," a dangerous voice came from behind Ms. Looking In Death's Face and Don't Know It Yet. "He's with me," Chaerin told and the blond idiot paled at the look of impending death in her eyes and backed off, recognising danger through her alcohol infused senses.

 

Not knowing why she did it, and knowing that it was probably a very bad idea after all, Chaerin pulled the photographer towards her. "Dance with me," she coaxed ily.

 

And they dance. The moment they stepped into each other's arms, the rest of the world faded into the background. They moved slowly, not even hearing the beat of the music. Each knew exactly where their bodies touched, hands clasping hands, shoulders touching shoulders, hips teasing hips. They felt each other's attraction through the thin cloth that separated them and they continued to move provocatively in the sea of people. They were abruptly brought back to the real world when the music stopped. Both breathing heavily, they stared deep into each other eyes, unwilling to step away and definitely refusing to let go of their touching hands.

 

‘SeungHyun’ decided at that moment to smack Seungri in the side of the head, bringing him back to himself.

 

Flushing, Seungri stepped back, they both unable to meet each other eyes. After all, he had just teased and flirted like a cheap manwhore with Chaerin.

 

Manwhore? ‘SeungHyun’ laughed. You must stop reading all those romantic novel.

 

Put your head in the toilet and flush it, Seungri countered.

 

"I'm ready to go home now," Chaerin said, softly. She turned and walked out of the club, too embarrassed by her display earlier.

 

"Chaerin, wait!" Seungri called, chasing after her.

 

Chaerin passed her ticket to the car jockey who went to retrieve her car.

 

"Chaerin," he called again.

 

Taking a deep breath, Seungri squared his shoulders and turned to Chaerin. "I'm sorry about earlier. I didn't mean to…" Mean to what? Come on to you like a cat in heat? Grind my hips against yours as if I was branding you with myself? Damned if his pants didn't feel tight. 

 

Seungri lifted Chaerin’s delicate chin to meet with his eyes. He leaned down and she could feel his breath ghosting over her cheeks, teasing her.

 

Chaerin pushed him away playfully and said the first thing that came to mind. "I don't kiss on the first date." Eyes widened at the realisation of what she said and she clasped her hands over in horror.

 

‘SeungHyun’ was in the back of Seungri’s head cackling evilly.

 

Chaerin had never been so glad to see her car coming at her. She got in and wave a goodbye to Seungri, who waved back, smirking at her. As she pulled away from the curb, she heard Seungri saying softly, "Then, I have to make sure that there will be a second date."

 

Chaerin wasn't prepared for the warmth that flooded her as she drove home, thinking about dinner. The whole night had been outwardly innocent, but there had been undertones of chemistry suffused in everything they did. That and tonnes and tonnes of hormones.

 

She engage, ‘SeungHyun’ reminded him mercilessly.

 

Seungri was really beginning to hate ‘SeungHyun’.

 

You sure know how to pick them, don't you? ‘SeungHyun’ observed and Seungri could only smile ruefully in agreement.

 

 

....don't forget to comment okay^^