-18

In Love With Ghost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

OST

 

 

 

That night I went to sleep with head slightly lighter and think about Woohyun, lately he looks more relaxed and smiles more. His movements is not as rigid as the first time we met, he's able to tease apart of being grunt. At least it happened a few minutes ago before him, with a frown and an offended face,  barge away after I accidentally stepped on his toes with my heels (well, not really step on him, you know what I mean).

Besides, who told him to sit on the floor when I was pacing in front of him? My intention was to tidy up the living room, but I couldn’t do so as Woohyun occupied most of the floor near the couch. It’s not my fault if I didn’t see him there right? Because of being overworked on the physical and mental  beyond their limits for these few days-- thanks to Woohyun, sleep being the only revenge to restore my health. As a result I woke up late the next morning.

"Eonnie! Eonnie! A hard door knocking sound woke me up. "Hey eonni! You'll be late if you don’t wake up!" I was writhing on the bed.

 

"Ugh ..."

 

"Eonni, I'll leave first if you don’t get out."

 

 

I was stunned, Seolhyun up early and woke me up before leaving for school. It seems impossible, magical! Then I got strucked suddenly, as if a big hammer hit my head. Quickly I turned my neck to look at the clock hanging on wall near the ceiling of my room. 7:20. I rushed to the bathroom and started pouring my face with cold water.

 

 

 

 

 

I will be late for my class! Twenty minutes later I was cruising the parking yard, then sped as fast as the wind and appeared in the doorway with short breath and messy hair. My brain is playing hard to think of a reason I should say when I meet my professor. But I think I don’t need to do that, I was dumbfounded staring at my empty classroom.

"Jieun." I turned around when someone patted my shoulder from behind, Suzy smiled widely.

 

"Oversleep?" She guessed, I exhaled.

 

"You're right." She laughed and her eyes twinkled.

 

"Pity if so, you've just missed three great shows."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"Guess what, three lecturers who will teach us today come sequentially, they told an announcement as a robot whose contents all classes were canceled because there were unexpected needs. Funny isn’t it? All three at once?" Suzy laughed out loud. I closed my eyes and groaned loudly, the bad feeling that had been bothering me is explained now. Seriously! Woohyun caused trouble again.

 

 

 

 

"You must be very upset to rush up here just to know that classes are canceled."

Suzy grined at me. No, I'm not upset because of this, but more because of Woohyun’s childish attitude. If I’ve known it before I can take a shower and had breakfast first. My stomach is growling now. I ordered a large portion of my favorite chicken porridge and got a disgusted look from Suzy, I began to eat hungrily after grinning at her. I just sipped my orange juice when I heard a snort sound, which also accompanied by a small laugh. I looked around for something that I recognized, which could prove Woohyun’s presence.

 

 

You eat that digusting thing, again.

 

 

I flinched, it sounded like straight inside my head. I blinked, Woohyun usually never do something like this, at least he will appear when talking to me.

"Where are you? Get out!" I hissed through the corner of my mouth.

 

"Uh, I-I'm here Jieun ..." Suzy frowned.

 

"Of course you're here. Hehe, don’t mind me."

 

"Are you okay?"

 

"I'm fine, I guess I gotta go now if you don’t mind."

 

"Okay. "
 We parted in the cafeteria, I wasn’t  surprised to find Woohyun in my car.

 

 

 

 

 

"What took you so long?"

 

"It's because I'm not a Superman, so I need some time to get to my car. But I wonder about something, why do you always bother yourself, when you can appear and disappear in an instant? You even asked me to open doors for you." He went silent, I felt a wave of guilt because I could have offended him. There was a pause before he answered.

 

"I'm trying to keep my humanity as possible as I could so I won’t scare you. And since I see you've started to get used to it, I’ve decided to act normal."

I was stunned to hear his confession, he turned and looked into my eyes. Only my eyes but he didn’t smile. I felt my heart start to race out of the ordinary pace, faster and irregular. I don’t understand what he meant by 'normal', somehow I feel there are things that he still hidden from me. Something that makes his eyes look so sad, like last night when I found he was in my living room. Like more than the reason to retain his humanity that he claims to me.

 

 

 

 

"Do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter