-11

In Love With Ghost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Jieun's POV

 

 

"I repeat once again, Miss. What are you doing in there?" He snapped, his hands on his waist. I frowned, not sure what I would say. I put on a haughty smile, managing to make myself look intimidating.

 

"I'm glad you recognize me, old man. But I guess I don’t need to answer your question, since I don’t recognize you."

I raised my chin to look at him and began walk pass him. He looked extremely offended and become so ugly. It slowly turned purple as if it’s going to explode soon. I turned around and saw Youngji still shrinking in the corner, poor girl.

 

 

 

"I think you’re able to get back to your place, Youngji. I’m pleased to meet you." I added and step out of the room but Woohyun didn’t moved from his place,

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You go first, I want to protect Youngji from this man." I quickened my pace and snuck into the women's restroom. So what I have to do now is to wait here until it’s safe, perhaps for a few minutes, or hours if that man and the guards started looking for me. The door slammed open sound made me gasp. Reflex, I sat upright. Damn! I'm trapped here. What should I do if they took me to the police station?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You won’t believe what I heard earlier." exclaimed a high-pitched female voice.

 

"Shhh, keep your voice down, Namjoo. You don’t know if anyone is listening to us now." Said another whispery voice, one that was even softer. I breathed a sigh of relief; no one will drag me to the police station.

 

"Relax Chorong, there's no one besides us here."

 

"Don’t be too sure, one of the toilet door is closed."

 

"That door is always closed, the toilet was broken."

 

 

 

"So what did you hear?"

 

"Earlier, I was delivering documents to Mr. Nam’s room when he was talking seriously on the phone. So I took time there to listen to his conversation. Well I’m not sure, but I caught words that like, 'I don’t want to receive a condolence wreaths or anything else in this office. I don’t want it to ruin the employees working concentration.’ Then there’s more, 'I know he's my son. I’m also mourning over him, we all are, but it doesn’t mean the business will stop. I want everyone to work as usual’." She paused for breath.

 

"So the point is ..."  

 

"President Nam wants us all to work and behave as if the young master Woohyun didn’t died two days ago. He doesn’t want us to grieve, he’s an old man with steel heart who put business first rather than his own son." A woman called Namjoo said, a grimace evident in her voice.

 

"You're right, he said he’s grieving but I don’t see his sad face. Poor young master Woohyun." Chorong sighed. I gaped in disbelief. Ever since the visit to Woohyun’s house till his office right now, I felt like there was something lacking and was always looking for a wreath or condolences board, but failed to find any. Apparently this is the real reason. It was outrageous.

 

 

 

 

"Why do you still call him young master? You know Mr. Woohyun doesn’t like it. He always frowned when he’s addressed with this title."

 

"It’s already a habit. Everyone calls him so." Wow, every time I called him that, Woohyun always flinched. Apparently he really hated it. Well, I will remember not to call him young master. 

 

 

 

 

Moments later, they both went out of the toilet and I went straight to the parking lot. My eyes accidentally caught a flash of green color appearing prominently somewhere in my peripheral vision. A woman wearing an emerald green hanbok was watching abstract watercolor paintings hanging on the walls. As if she realised someone was staring at her, she spun gracefully, her eyes met with mine. She is the same woman who was standing under the low roof stall on campus, I quickly turned away and walked to my car. I was only able to breathe freely once I was in the car.

 

 

 

"What took you so long?" said a voice. I bumped my head on window with a hard 'bump' sound.

 

"Don’t appear suddenly like that! You can make me die from shock."

 

"No need to overact, Jieun, you're not going to die just because of shock." I the back of my head which bumped on the window, ouch. I know Woohyun is sensitive to everything related to life. I started the car and began driving away from the building.

 

 

 

 

"Who’s that old man? I saw him in the chapel this morning."

 

"His name Lee Jinpyo, he’s my father good friend."

 

”Good friend? What is his position in the company?"

 

"Nothing, he's just a friend of my father."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter