-04

In Love With Ghost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

BGM

Jieun's POV

 

 

I walked automatically to Sukjin’s stall. I wanted to buy a magazine, or newspaper. I know I even haven’t read yesterday newspaper, but I'm sorry, it seemed like I suddenly became allergic because of the headline. What happened yesterday was more like a dream, unreal. And I woke up the next morning, everything was as if it was back to normal. My head straightened, my eyes looking straight ahead. I'm going up the stairs now, straight to the cafeteria. My eyes accidentally caught a flash of bright blue color across Sukjin’s stall. Under a low roof house near the park benches in front of the class, there was a figure of woman dressed in a hanbok, the traditional Korean dress. It was a dark blue hanbok with a pattern that resembles a flower. Why is there a student who dressed like that to attend class? Due to the considerable distance, I couldn’t see her face clearly. But I thought her hair was in bun and there is a sort of hairpin sticking out from there. Someone nudged my shoulder and I turned to look at her.

 

"I'm sorry." said a student who I don’t recognize. I shook my head with a smile,

 

"It's okay."

 

When I turned back, she had disappeared. I let out a long sigh, shrug and continue my purpose before. I arrived at cafetaria safely, where it was almost full. I found an empty table near a concrete pillar. I ordered a bowl of chicken porridge and began to eat hungrily when I heard that voice, again.

 

 

 

"I never saw a food that as watery as yours. It really turns off my appetite." I continued to stuff my mouth with my breakfast.

“It looks like pig slop." I must have been having nightmares, I closed my eyes tightly and count to ten. Hopefully by doing this I would soon wake up and his voice will disappear from my mind.I opened my eyes slowly and continued feeding that super delicious chicken porridge into my mouth.

 

 

 

"You still want to eat it?" His voice was in disbelief. I put my spoon down with loud twang.

 

"Even though this food looks like pig slop, but I love it. Does it matter to you?" I couldn’t hold myself any longer.

 

 

"N-no, of course not." A girl next to me jumped in her place. Her face was pale, her expression looks as if she’ll crying soon.

 

"Oh no, I don’t… I don’t mean to..."

 

I don’t know how to finish my sentence. But seemed like I don’t need too, because she was already gone. Pity, she is a new employee in the cafeteria, just started working last week. I glared at Woohyun who was leaning lazily on a pillar in front of me. He shrugged, putting on the i-don’t-know-what-your-problem-is expression. I continue feeding the porridge into my mouth, it had almost went cold when I heard another voice.

 

 

 

"That poor girl. What have you done to her?" Suzy dropped her bag on the table and pulled a chair, her attention was on girl who is now sweeping the floor while occasionally glancing at me with fear.

 

“I didn’t do anything to her." I said defensively.

 

"Are you sure? I saw from distance that you were scolding her before." Suzy waved her hand to that girl. I looked up and our eyes met, she quickly looked down.

"You see, she got scared like that." Suzy continued, I shook my head in frustration.

 

"I didn’t yell, I just ... I was just talking by myself." My voice trailed off into a whisper, I glared at Woohyun who now looking around the cafeteria.

 

 

 

Suzy gaped, she opened to say something, but closed it again. She turned her eyes away from me and suddenly became very interested in my porridge.

"What are you eating?" She suddenly asked. I froze, not again.

"I've never seen it before." She pointed my porridge with her index finger.

"Is it a new menu or what?"

 

"This is porridge, Suzy." I said with calmness  as if I’m explaining something to a child. I saw her eyes widened.

 

"Porridge?" I nodded, suddenly losing my appetite.

"Oh, so it's porridge... of course. I thought it was a... " her sentence was cut off in the air.

 

 

"Pig slop." I said flatly.

 

"Yes! That's right! Well, I didn’t mean to say it before but you said it yourself. Creepy, I don’t know why they put that food into the menu."

 

She stared in disgust. I rolled my eyes, Suzy looked happy. She doesn’t like porridge, sometimes she would make jokes when I eat it, like now. In this time, I really want to punch Woohyun’s face vigorously. He wasn’t looking around anymore, but he was standing in front of me, watching us. He lifted his hand over his mouth when he was suddenly attacked by a small cough when he heard Suzy’s last comment. I hope he chokes to death. Oh, damn it, he is already dead.

 

 

"Your friend is really interesting."

 

His eyes seemed to sparkle. If Woohyun still alive, I'm sure he will get along

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter