-10

In Love With Ghost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Jieun’s POV

 

 

 

"I guess I don’t have to tell you. You should know it for yourself when you look at his photo." He shrugged indifferently.

 

 

"But at least I wouldn’t be surprised if you told me before!" I protested.

 

 

"You shouldn’t be surprised. You didn’t know me before either, remember?" He said flatly.

 

 

 

 

 

I stared at him in disbelief. How could he say that after we've come this far? What I began to hope that at least he would consider me as a friend. What a fool I was!

 

 

 

 

"Well, since I didn’t know you before, as you said, I also don’t see any reason to continue this ridiculous thing." I felt Woohyun’s gentle gaze, filled with guilt.

 

 

"I'm sorry, I shouldn’t say those words. Will you... forgive me Jieun?" he said stiffly. I gaped, is it that difficult for him to say thank you or apologize? I actually feel sorry for him.

 

 

"You don’t need to apologize. I know exactly what's on your mind. You don’t really feel guilty. You're just afraid I won’t help you anymore. But don’t worry, I’ve told you that I will help."

 

 

"You don’t know anything, so don’t try to draw your own conclusions." He said coldly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"We are here." He said. Woohyun’s office is located in an eighteen-story building, I frowned, staring at it.

 

 

"What floor is your office at?"

 

 

"This building belongs to the Nam family, my office on the fifteenth floor." I was dumbfounded, this building can accommodate at least nine different companies if each office occupies two floors. But what did he say? That one building is his? How could it be? How rich is the Nam family exactly?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


A long black granite table guarded by two attractive women was five feet away from me. An overstuffed sofa set and a small glass table were on the left corner of the room. I walked quickly across the shiny marble floor.

 

"I have an appointment with Nam Woohyun’s secretary, with..."

 

 

"Youngji" Woohyun said.

 

 

"Youngji." I said to the woman in dark suits who wear stylish glasses. Her hair tight up to a unique tiny bun.

 

 

"Okay, and your name is?" She smiled at me.

 

 

"Jieun, Lee Jieun."

 

 

"Wait a minute." She picked up the phone.

 

 

 

 

 

Intermittently, she glanced on the glass door in the right corridor. The woman with glasses hung up the phone and ushered me into the glass door which Woohyun had been frowning at. In the room I saw a girl with shoulder-length curly hair sitting behind a large cluttered desk, concentrating hard on a stack of papers in front of her. She didn’t notice me until I stood in front of her desk and say hello.

"Hi, I'm Lee Jieun. And you must be Youngji. Nice to meet you, Youngji-ssi." I grinned and held out my hand.

 

 

"Uh .. n-nice to meet you too Miss Lee." She looked hesitant, her eyes widened as fear. Then finally she welcomed my hands helplessly.

 

 

"Just call me Jieun." I waited for her to say something, but she just looked confused. Her eyes moved quickly from her computer to a cupboard at her side, then to the opened notebook and back to the computer. Out of curiosity, I craned my neck to see what makes her uneasy.

 

 

 

 


Something caught my eye. A sheet of pink post-it note stuck on the bottom of the screen. I squinted my eyes to read that note that seemed to be written in haste and with scrawled handwriting. Post-its with the same notes were also tacked on the closet door beside her, on the table, on the edge of a shelf full of folders, and in an opened notebook. I could see  'IMPORTANT’ underlined several times under the word. All post-it reads the same:

 

Command from Mr. Woohyun,

 

"Make an appointment with Lee Jieun.

Today: xxx.

Hours: xxx.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter