-21

In Love With Ghost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

That night I didn’t sleep at home, Woohyun insisted that I couldn’t stay there and wait for those bastards back and find me. So I spent the night at a hotel, which is located not too far from my house, I only brought necessary items such as toiletries, makeup box and some clothes that chosen by Woohyun and put everything into a small suitcase.

The bag that contained the brown envelope tucked safely in the back seat. Two hours before we left my house, Woohyun told me to open the brown envelope. Without using scissors or a knife, I tore the edge of it and a stack of paper directly spilled on my lap.

 

 

 

 

 

"Papers?" I can’t believe it.

 

"Documents." I flipped through dozens of sheets of paper that almost all of it contents numbers.

 

"What papers?"

 

"It’s an accounting document from Lee Jinpyo’s company."

 

"Lee Jinpyo? Your father's bestfriend? Why do you keep Jinpyo’s company accounting document?" Woohyun sighed heavily and looked at me with a look that seemed to say 'Why do I have to explain this to you?'.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What is the point of this paper?"

 

"Documents. If you look carefully, the one in your right hand is a financial balance and income statement document, while those in your left hand are debt securities and a list of the company’s assets. Some of the last sheet is a list of business transactions and evidence stating that the company is already broke, and then—“ I rolled my eyes.

 

"Enough! Enough! I’m not interested at all in these papers. You just need to  tell me what is the point I carry this thing and endanger my life. If I know this envelope only containts useless papers, I should have thrown them away from the beginning."

 

"They’re not useless papers as you say. It’s an authentic evidence I successful gathered about Jinpyo’s company status that going to be purchased by my father."

 

"Your father wants to buy a company that is going to bankrupt?"

 

"The main problem is my father doesn’t know if the company is bankrupt and he intends to buy it without feeling the need to bother checking it first. Although my father is very critical, but he thinks this is a friend’s company. So he decided to trust him one hundred percent on it."

 

 

 

 

 

"And…  you tried to look for informations?" I guessed.

 

"Of course! Do you think our company is a pawnshop? Or a social institution which would voluntarily give free money to pay off his debts? Just because Jinpyo is good friend of my father, does he think he could go around making false financial statements and we will trust him just like that?" He growled.

 

"I know your father believes him, but don’t be angry at me." I winced and groaned at Woohyun.

 

"You're right, I'm sorry."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Then what makes you suspicious and investigate it?"

 

 

 

"That's what should be done if you want to buy a company, it's like buying a car you would drive and a house to live with your entire family. You have to choose the best one, looking for it’s advantages and disadvantages. Make sure you’re not cheated by the automotive and property agent, then decide if you're going to buy it or not at all. And that is what’s being done to the company I took over. Our company is engaged in export-import of heavy equipment, it’s a business that my father pioneered since nearly twenty years ago. And now my father suddenly wants to buy apparel importer company!" Woohyun laughed bitterly.


"It's a completely different company, we can’t combine apparel importer company into one of our subsidiaries. So I ask all of its financial statements and prof

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter