-13

In Love With Ghost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Jieun's POV

 

 

 

I sat up in bed with eyebrows drew together. The contents of my bag were scattered everywhere except for that heavy brown envelope. Woohyun didn’t let me peek inside, so it’s still stored safely in my bag. What interested me are the photos I secretly took from Woohyun ‘s room. He might get very angry if he knew that I had move it. 

There were four photos, Woohyun’s photo standing in front of a building, Soohyun’s photos, and the third is a photograph with the twin brothers hugging each other, that's the photo that made me realise that Soohyun and Woohyun are twins. And the last photo that I haven’t seen before because I hastily inserted it into my bag, is a photograph of a very beautiful woman. The woman smiled seductively at the camera, her long dark brown hair loose to her waist, her eyes are big with green contact lenses surrounded tapering and long eyelashes

 

A few minutes ago I realized that she was the same woman I saw in the chapel, the beautiful woman who sat next to the wife of a man named Lee Jinpyo. An hour had passed since my meeting with Jiyeon, she really made me overwhelmed. If you want to know, it went like this: Jiyeon asked, I stared blankly Woohyun, then Woohyun would reply with face increasingly stiff. It continued for half an hour, my  was stiff because I clung to the seat for too long. But thanks to Jiyeon, I came to know that Soohyun had a very different personality from Woohyun. 

Soohyun is cheerful and energetic, whilst Woohyun is serious and cautious. Soohyun was born seven minutes after Woohyun, a short time that made Woohyun an older brother. Both are very handsome. Although they were twins, it doesn’t mean they will have similar taste in woman, right? For god's sake, why is there such a coincidence? The Nam brothers were falling in love with the same woman.

 

Out of many women to choose from, they were both even captivated by that woman, the one in the photo that is nowlying in front of me. Hyuna— that’s how she’s called, met Woohyun a year ago, in a garden party held by Nam company. Hyuna is Jinpyo’s only daughter who is a friend of Woohyun’s father. They met and fell in love, two months ago they were engaged and Woohyun cancled the engagement a week after its party was held. 

The reason was indeed trivial, but ended up fatal. Inadvertently he witnessed Soohyun being seduced by Hyuna, Soohyun’s rejection with a full face of sadness showed that his brother also loves Hyuna, but had moved over for him, that's really devastating Woohyun. The sudden termination of the engagement made two large families shocked.But because Woohyun is Woohyun, with his bored and cold face he made everything as if he was the guilty one.

 

He said he’s not ready to get married, he suggested that Hyuna engaged with Soohyun instead, because Soohyun was a more appropriate candidate for her. But I think, Hyuna is inappropriate for both. What an ungrateful woman. But of course Soohyun flatly refused, he left the house a week ago without a clear message. Although Woohyun was able to do everything perfectly, deceive his parents and Lee Jinpyo’s family, also Soohyun, but Jiyeon knew everything. 

But she had kept shut until today. Automatically it made Woohyun shocked, for a moment his body fades and becomes translucent. Looking at Woohyun turned like that, I immediately regretted my words.
I had accused him not trusting me because he didn’t want to tell me everything. Never once crossed my mind that retelling the story would only make him suffer. 

 

Once everything unfolded, Jiyeon excused herself, saying that she had an appointment. I knew she was lying, Woohyun and I saw her run into her car, locked the door and cried. The image of Woohyun’s agonized face watching Jiyeon crying in the car was still fresh in my head. If he could, Woohyun would have approached Jiyeon and hugged her, saying that everything will be alright and Jiyeon doesn’t need to worry. But he couldn’t, it’s impossible. 

Woohyun could just stood there, with his hands clenched tightly, watching his sister crying over his death, it wasn’t something worth witnessing by an outsider like me. After it was over, we returned to the hotel in silence. Woohyun left in front of the entrance and I decided to stay another day. If I returned to Seoul and went back my normal life, all of this will seem like a nightmare that had never happened. B

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter