-03

In Love With Ghost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jieun's POV

 

 

I jumped on my feet, clutching my pounding chest, making the chair I sat on before roll and fall behind.

 

 

"You’re stalking me!" I pointed angrily towards the door. Woohyun was standing there, looking grim. Both of his hands were in the pockets of his black pants.

 

"I don’t need to use dirty ways like that." His voice was insulting as usual.

 

"But you just show up like that," I accused, still clutching my chest and breathing shallowly. "If you didn’t stalk me here, how do you know where my house is?"  

 

"It was easy," he snorted arrogantly. "I just need to think of your name, and then I showed up here."

 

 

 

"My name?" I was really surprised. "You don’t know my name."

 

"Lee Jieun, isn’t that your name?" His tone was mocking.

"If I were you, I wouldn’t choose a tacky name like that." My mouth dropped open.

 

"I won’t let you insult my name!"

 

 

 

Woohyun shrugged, he didn't look sorry at all. I saw his eyes moving, looking around my kitchen. Damn, he must have heard when the professor said my name. I took a deep breath and held it.

 

 "What do you want?" I asked softly. He stopped his activities of looking at my kitchen and moved his dark eyes on me.

 

 

 

"I want you to help me."

 

 

I looked at him with open-mouthed. Oh funny, for twenty one years of my life I never dreamed I would be visited by a good looking male ghost who will request my help.

 

 

 

"You have to help me. I want you to help me." He stepped forward. My eyes widened in fear.

 

"Stop! Stop!" I shouted, I retreated till my waist was backed up against the sink.

"Don’t come here closer, okay? I want you to stay in your place."

 

 

I made a shooing hand gesture. Shoo, shoo, go away from me.

 

 

"I'm not going to touch you." He looked offended.

 

"That's what you should do."

 

"Of course." he said with a humiliated tone.

 

 

 

"Well, tell me why do you need my help. I don’t know you, you don’t know me either. So you should forget your intentions and leave me alone!" Woohyun shook his head in frustration.

 

"You don’t understand. No one can see me but you."

 

 

Of course. You're just my imagination! I wanted to shout it out in loud sentence.

"Then why does it only me who could see you? Why did you choose me to help you?"

 

"I don’t know, okay? I didn’t plan for you to see me. I also didn’t even plan for that damn thing to happen." He looked angry, making me frown at the sink. "All I know is, suddenly there was someone who said my full name, with all her heart. Then I migrated away and met directly with you." He pointed at me and I jumped.

 

 

"I didn’t mention your name, I don’t know you." I chirped.

"Then tell me how I could appear in front of you, why I could be in that damn foreign campus?" He insisted I frowned even more.

 

"H-how could I know that? I didn’t mention your name. Anyway, it's not a damn campus as you said." I glanced at him briefly before continuing. "At that time I was walking towards my classroom, and I ...." What did I do then? It feels like something is forgotten. I massaged my head, this morning I went to campus, then stopped briefly to buy a newspaper. Why would I buy a newspaper?

"Oh! I bought the newspaper headlines because it interested me, and then I walked, and prayed." I said, a little excited when it flows out of my memory.

 

"Pray? What pray?" Woohyun frowned.

"Of course, for the victim in the newspaper." I looked at him in disbelief. Did he never pray for a dead person's spirit?

"Victim? Victim of what?" I saw his eyes glinting.

 

"A poor man who got robbed and killed last night. It was horrible, dead in his young age." I brought back with emotion. "He was only twenty-three years old. So as I walked to class, I prayed that he can rest in peace and may his spirit be accepted at the side of God. I also pray for his family, may they had the consolation and--"

"What is the name of the person you were praying for?" Woohyun cut my words, his face pale, I cringed.

"H-his name was ..."

"Who?" He insisted and took a step toward me.

"Stop stop! I forbid you to come near me." I jumped to the side with fear, I moved closer to the wall as far as possible.

 

"What is the name?"

"N-name? What name?"

 

 

I was too focused to stay as far away from him that I didn’t know what he was talking about.

"The victim who you were praying for. What's his name?" He repeated impatiently. His face was pale, but he was already pale, I doubt he could even get any paler than that.

 

 

"Oh, his name .... I forgot ..." My voice trailed off.

 

"You forgot?"

He looked as if he’s going to eat me alive.

 

"I can’t remember, but I still have the newspaper."

 

 

 

I defended myself. Now I'm trying desperately to remember his name. I held my head slowly. My eyes widened in fear. I look at Woohyun with mouth wide open. No way ... It's not possible. There’s no coincidence like this. I quickly burst through the kitchen door.

 

 

"WAIT THERE! I'LL TAKE MY NEWSPAPER."

 

 

I yelled at him. After finding the newspaper I was looking for, I forced my feet to walk back to the kitchen. Woohyun was still there, standing next to the opened kitchen window. He didn’t see me. The sunlight who came inside through the window shone him, making his body shining like crystal. I stood in front of the door, fascinated. He's really really handsome. I coughed, he realised and immediately spun around to face me.

 

"Where is your newspaper?" He demanded.

 

"Here." I waved the paper lazily.

"Let me see." He stepped forward, his eyes were rigid.

"Wait! I told you to stay  in your place." I warned.

 

 

I lifted the newspaper to my face while looking at him, making sure Woohyun is still in his place. With my heart beating fast, I glanced at the newspaper headlines. My eyes moved quickly search for a name. I stared at it for a few seconds and I found it.

 

"What is your name?" I asked in a choked voice. Woohyun looked impatient.

"I’ve told you--"

"Your full name." I cut in quickly. He stared at me for a moment before answering.

 

 

"Nam Woohyun." He said stiffly. The newspaper slipped from my hands and landed with a soft 'plop' on the table, showing the headline printed in large bold letters.

 

 

 

SON OF NAM ENTERPRISES HOLDINGS INC.’S CHAIRMAN WAS ROBBED AND KILLED

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter