-33

In Love With Ghost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

OST

 

 

When I go around the roads we walked together

Our simple memories seem to be saying hi to me

Tear comes up to my neck and my breath stop

 

When would it be that we can

Say warm welcome to each other

And ask each other

How we've been with a smile

 

When would it be?

 

 

_____________________________________________

 

 

 

I don’t remember how I can get in the chapel, driving my car with a numb feeling from Seoul to Busan. But here I am, with Woohyun stood beside me, in the small chapel in the same place where we kissed a few days ago.

"You look tense." Woohyun said.

 

 

He joined a few minutes after I arrived, he didn’t explain where he had been, only saying that he had just completed a job that was his duty. I don’t know how to answer, I'm more than just tense, I was shaking. This is the end, everything will come to an end today, in this place. There’s no hope. There’s no future. There would be nothing left. It’s my greatest fears.

I was totally unprepared for it, I will never be ready, there's nothing I can do to keep Woohyun at my side. Inna didn’t let me end my life, so did Woohyun. They both said this is the best way, according to Woohyun too, he’s not willing to stay and I don’t have the right to ask so this is what I did, accepting his decision. Because from the beginning I never have a choice, but I didn’t say that all to him. I turned to Woohyun and smiled.

 

 

 

 

"I love you." I whispered silently. Woohyun looked at me a long time before answering.

 

"I know."

 

 

 

I looked away, staring at the chapel which was half full with crowd. Only relatives and closest friends were invited to attend the ceremony. I turned back and found Woohyun still staring at me, his eyes implies pain, but today I've decided not to cry. We both know what's going to happen, how the end of a forbidden love between human and ghost. It’s a path that will change my life and Woohyun’s soul. Forever.

 

"Ladies and gentleman and my dear brothers and sisters, today we are all gathered together here to attend Requiem Mass to our son, lover, brother, and friend who we love." The pastor began the ceremony, but I no longer hear the next words.

 

 

Woohyun holds my hand tightly, intertwined our fingers and stood side by side in silence. Waiting for his time. And time seemed to fly fastly when the pastor began to pray and splatter Woohyun’s body that lying in a coffin with holy water, and something happened. Soft rays radiating beside me, in where he stood.

I felt his hand grip began to fade, I snapped. Like my heart stopped beating on the spot. I started to panic, so panic but didn’t dare look at Woohyun. The time has come, the time to let go, to let him go. Then I felt a gentle on my cheek.

 

 

 

 

"I love you, Lee Jieun, so much."

Woohyun’s voice sounds as if coming from inside my head, clear and unequivocal. His grip on my hand apart.

 

 

 

 

"Annyeong."

 

 

 

The light was disappearing as quick as they appear. Then I stood alone, trembling and scared. My knees were wobbly and I had to grit my teeth so hard to prevent myself from scre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter