-07

In Love With Ghost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

BGM

Woohyun's POV

 

 

 

I didn’t think it would be a problem if I left her alone, I'm sure Jieun will able to handle it all. Sungjong would immediately bring her to Jiyeon, nothing will be missed by Jiyeon. Jieun’s presence would attract her attention. I drifted lower, moving my feet one by one, trying to look as normal as possible, like a man who was running. There was no particular reason as to why I'm doing this. I was just trying to maintain my human side. Because if I do so, I will remember that I was once a human. I realized that acting like this was just going to make me look pathetic, but I threw those thoughts away. Things that became my priority now are to secure those damn documents and find Soohyun soon. I will solve this being-a-ghost problem after everything was finished. Anyway the only one who could see me now was only Jieun. And I perfectly, completely don’t care about what she thinks about me.

 

The room I was in seemed to spin and I reflexively reached for the nearest pole as a handle, but my hand grabbed empty air and I staggered to the side, as I passed right through the body of a female staff bookkeeper. The air seemed to ripple with an enveloping warmth. But not like the warmth that overflowed out of my body when Jieun said my name. This was more like an afternoon breeze blowing, I could sip the sweet taste that sticks on the tip of my tongue. I looked at my hands in amazement, although only a few seconds, I was watching it turns translucent. And now both of them are back to normal. The woman staff, I turned slowly and stopped in front of her, scanning her reaction.
She stood stiffly and her face reflects fear.

 

 

 

"What… can you see me?" I asked warily, then shook my head slowly.

 

 

"No, you're obviously can’t see me." I corrected. That woman's eyes looked at me with dread.

"But I know you can feel my presence. Do you hear me?" I reached out uncertainly, and gently pushed her shoulder. She shuddered and her eyes widened in surprise, and then I saw her lips muttering prayers.

 

 

 

 

 

"Go! Return to your place and rest in peace! You're already dead. Our world is different, I don’t bother you and you don’t bother me. Leave me alone!" With that sentence she scuttled away.

 

 

 

 

Jieun’s rejection was bad enough, it was enough to hurt me. And I don’t want to face the other extreme reactions. Two infiltrations, like what I just did, almost drained my energy. Infiltration, not possesing. I deliberately didn’t want to call it like that to reduce the guilty feeling after doing that, all of them was pure experiment. It’s not easy to take control of their bodies, what almost made me give up when doing it was heavy bursts of their thoughts and feelings. That lecturer’s life quickly flashed in my head. I had to grit my teeth so hard to get rid of it and return to my goal. Of course, at first he was trying to fight back, but I'm more powerful, even more powerful than him. So I blocked his mind and turn off his consciousness. So when I left his body, no matter what I did with his body won’t leave any memories. However, as far as possible I avoid situations that pushes me to do that exhausting activities. Because I still want to maintain my human side.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jieun’s POV

 

 


Another Nam, I glanced hesitantly at her hands that were outstretched to me. "Lee Jieun."

 

 

I said, holding my breath and shook her hand. Wow, her skin is very soft. And unexpectedly, her handshake felt solid and warm. But a second later my stomach sank, I looked at her slim belly. My face turned red, I'm so embarrassed, I've never felt this embarassed in my life. I was rubbing my head to strangers. Rubbing. My. Head. To. Strangers. Tummy! 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter