-26

In Love With Ghost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

OST

 

 

 

 

The cafeteria is not so crowded, only a few tables that were occupied. Most students prefer to immediately leave the campus when their last class finished. Suzy ordered a large bowl of Jjajjangmyun while I sip my hot cappuccino, my appetite is still not coming back, this is the third day without Woohyun.

"Are you sure just want to drink that?"

 

"I'm not hungry."

 

"Seriously Jieun? It’s past lunchtime. Don’t you wanna eat that?" She frowned.

 

"That? You mean slop? It’s chicken porridge." Suzy burst into laughter.

 

"You said it by yourself. So what’s wrong Jieun? You look miserable." I felt my heart beat faster, what am I supposed to say to Suzy?

 

"Stop being stubborn, you should have told me a week ago. You’re becoming increasingly worse, you even have lost your sense of humor, Jieun."

 

"I'm sorry." I looked down, I wasn’t able to look at Suzy's eyes that full with disappointment.

 

"You're not weird in just for two days, Jieun. Do you think I didn’t notice? I know it, your strange attitude has been going for week. May I know who makes you become like this?"

 

"Suzy, I…"

 

"I'm sure you would be better if telling your problem. Is this because of Hoya? I met him yesterday and he seemed miserable as well. Did something… happen between you guys?" Okay, Suzy is misunderstanding. So much has changed in my life that makes what I did on Hoya wasn’t important. It seems I have forgotten the fact that Hoya is usually affecting my mood the most before I met Woohyun.

 

"Hoya declared his love for me, but we’re not dating."

 

"Why?" "Because I rejected him."

 

"Oh, I see." Suzy continued feeding noodles then her eyes and widened and got choke.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What are you saying?! You rejected Hoya? Like really reject Hoya? Why? No wonder he looked so sad, so devastated. He didn’t even spoke to me." Guilt increasingly takes over me.

 

"I might've liked Hoya, but I don’t love him, I love someone else."

 

"Wait a minute! Where have I been for all this time to not know if you've moved to another heart in… a week?" Ah, it's true. It only took a week for me to fall in love with Woohyun. Short time but in reality I was falling for him so hard.

 

"Suzy, did I ever tell you that I'm psychic?"

 

"No, what is the connection with you being a psychic?"

 

"Oh it's where it all comes from." Then the words hurtle from my lips without being able to stop and Suzy listened to me with mouth open as well as some 'oh' and 'er' brief. Suzy has to believe me, or I will be doomed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"So ... you can communicate with ghosts?"

 

"Only with one ghost."

 

"Amazing, I’m grateful that I’m just an ordinary human who doesn’t have a third eye like you. I bet it wasn’t easy for you at first time."

 

"So, you really believe me? You don’t think I'm crazy, do you?"

 

"No of course, you're dealing with a very serious problem, Jieun. I don’t know whether humans could have a happy ending with ... with ... you know, sorry, with ghosts." She looked at me awkwardly.

 

"You don’t need to apologize, I've accepted that fact."  

 

"And ... about this Woohyun, when are you going to show him to me?"

 

"I have his picture, wait." I took a photograph from my bag, the only Woohyun’s photo without Soohyun and handed it to Suzy, her eyes opened widely and dropped.

 


"This? It’s Woohyun? Are you sure? I can understand why Hoya didn’t manage to get your heart. Gosh, Is this Woohyun? Are you sure this isn’t an idol or actor picture?"

 

 

"Do you think I lie to you? And about why Hoya didn’t manage to get my heart, it’s not like what you think. I like Hoya, but I realized that by liking him won’t enough to make me love him. Woohyun happened to have a charming face, but that's not what made me fall in love with him. I love Woohyun because he is Woohyun."

 

A familiar faint snorting snicker

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter