-08

In Love With Ghost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Jieun's POV

 

 

What did those words mean?

 

 

I looked at Woohyun, then looked back Jiyeon who stood a few steps away from me. So Jiyeon is his little sister. Thank goodness. I felt a strange sense of relief within me. So now I'm standing here, being looked at by everyone in the room. The woman who had been praying in the front bench now look at me openly. To my surprise she is also very beautiful, I guessed her age was about fifty maybe, she has two large eyes that looked swollen and puffy. Behind her there was a married couple, they just looked at me and then glance away as if they didn’t care about my presense. It’s like I was a lost fly and don’t deserve to be in this place. Then a young woman, maybe around my age or a bit older, dark-brown haired, with long curls and a pretty face, she didn’t even feel bother to look at me.

 

 

 

"Hmm, okay. I think I'll go for now." I smiled awkwardly at Jiyeon and nodded at the woman in the front bench.

"Thank you for your time. And sorry if I’ve disturbed." I whispered softly, then started to walk away.

 

 

 

 

"Wait!" I heard Jiyeon called. "Please stay, just a few minutes. We can chat over a cup of tea. How’s that sound?"

 

 

What did I just hear? A young lady had just invited me to drink tea in her palatial house that looks more like a mansion.

 

 

 

 

 

"Uh .. I don’t know ... I-"

 

 

"Just obey her request" Woohyun’s voice interrupted.

 

 

"How?" Jiyeon was still standing there, waiting for my answer.

 

 

"I’m not sure, I guess it's not a good idea. I don’t want to disturb you." I said a little awkward, I wanted to immediately go away from here. Jiyeon shook her head.

 

 

"You're not going to disturb at all, believe me." She smiled. "Only for a few minutes, I promise."

 

 

 

 

"Just say yes, an opportunity like this won’t come twice. You gotta go into my house to take my brother’s photo." Woohyun stood impatiently. Damn, he's right. I nodded at Jiyeon.

 

 

"Okay."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 


"This is one of Woohyun’s favorite places." Jiyeon said dreamily, she sat on ivory couch in front of me. Woohyun sat next to her, looking bored.

 

 

"It’s really beautiful in here."

 

I said after taking a seat on the big couch big with similar color. I tried to imagine what would Woohyun do in this place, but I couldn’t. His arrogant and cold figure didn’t belong in this place. A maid brought in a pot with two plates of biscuits.

 

 

 

 

"Thank you." I said, she nodded and smiled politely. After she finished with her duties, she left the room and closed the door without a sound.

 

 

 

 

 

"Please."

 

Jiyeon took the cup and sipped her tea and finished them all. Then put the cup back. I gaped, hey, it's hot, right? I could see it’s steaming before. I raise my cup and held it to my lips. Hmm .. aroma of apple and mint, I drank a big gulp and felt the hot liquid burning my tongue and throat. My eyes were watering immediately, I tried to put the cup back to the table without spilling it.

 

 

 

 

 

"Stupid."

 

Woohyun mocked and I glared at him.

 

 

 

 

"Why didn’t you tell me that this tea was hot?" I accused as I wiped my tears.

 

 

"You can guess before drinking it." His tone was condescending, I opened my mouth to reply him, and immediately closed it again when I felt Jiyeon’s shocked gaze.

 

 

"Sorry, I forgot to tell you that tea was hot. I should have warned you." Her face looked sorry.

 

 

"Oh, it’s okay. I can handle it. But, how can you drink it straight away though? "

 

 

"Minah always prepare some ice cubes in the cup. She knows I don’t like boiling hot water for my tea. But I also don’t like cold tea. So after pouring it into a cup, I quickly drank it while it’s still warm." She smiled.

"So, you said that you are friends." Jiyeon's voice floated beautifully.

 

 

 

"Right."

 

I sipped my tea slowly, it feels good.

 

 

"I was guessing where you get acquainted."

 

She said relaxed. I c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter