-02

In Love With Ghost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Listen

 

 

 

 

My heart almost jumped out. I was really panicked I thought I was only hallucinating. But now my hallucination is talking to me.

 

 

 

"I know you can see me," he repeats firmly.

 

 

I stared at friends who sat near me, wildly. No one gives a reaction. everyone seem undisturbed. Okay, so it is true. It’s only me who can see him. but unfortunately I will ignore him. I'm going to pretend that he doesn’t exist. maybe he will get bored and leave me alone. I heard him scoff and he disappeared. I let out a breath that has been held back unknowingly.

Thank god, thank- oh, , he's still there. Through the corner of my eye, I see him standing on two chairs near the window. His eyes still staring at me. I thought I could ignore him, it turns out that I can’t. It’s not easy to pretend he doesn’t exist while he was still pacing in front of the class, then walked towards me steadily. I wonder why he should make effort to avoid all chairs and tables if he could easily disappear and appear in front of me? Ghosts don’t walk and they always float instead, right? I mean, both of his feet touch the ground. He walks. Seriously walk!

 

 


"Till when you want to pretend as if you can’t see me?” he say. This time he managed to get my full attention. He is right in front of me, blocking my view of my professor. I tried to show a flat face without expression.

 

"I know you can see me." I shook my head hurriedly.

"No, I can’t see you."

"You can also hear me."

"No, I can not."

"You're lying." he accuses. "You have to listen to me."

"No pl-"

 

"Lee Jieun, do you have a problem?" Mr. Lee’s booming voice makes me jump out of the chair.

"Err n-no, sir ..."

He is gone, leaving me staring at Mr. Lee with worry. I forget Mr. Lee could see me clearly, while I was blocked by the man's body. Then the bell rings like a lifesaver.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

I went to the cafeteria with Suzy, we order bibimbap for lunch and we both eat heartily.

"What happened to you in class, Jieun?" Suzy leaned. "Are you sick?" She looked at me with misgivings.

 

 

Great, even my best friend thinks I'm crazy. Suzy is still waiting for an answer, but I could never tell her that I saw something. She would think I’m really crazy.

"Just a little unwell." I lied.

 

 

Suzy tells me she managed to make an appointment with Hoya this afternoon. Hoya is Suzy’s cousin. Unfortunately, he goes to a different major. Hoya is good-looking, he has tanned skin because he was constantly in the sun. The kind of guy who loves nature and sports. I've had a crush on Hoya for a long time. Since the first semester, Hoya was still dating. But a few weeks ago Suzy said Hoya had broke up with his girlfriend. And she will help me to get Hoya. Suzy stood up to buy a bottle of of drink, again, which left me smiling to myself, then I saw him. My male nightmare (fantasy sounds too good?) stand near the door of the cafeteria. His dark eyes stare at me. Why doesn’t he just leave me alone? I turn away and pretend to be very interested by the garbage can next to me, on my right.

 

 

 

"Stop pretending that you can’t see me." A deep voice sounded in my ears.

 

Oh god. His voice sounds very clear even in this noisy place. While I and Suzy should be shouting to each other. It’s not fair.

 

 

"Talk to me." His voice demanded.

 

 

I sighed in frustration and looked at him. I was tired of pretending not to see and hear him. Let me be crazy as well.

 

"What do you want?" I asked angrily.

"Finally, you want to talk too." He snorted, but sounds relieved. I frowned, feeling annoyed.

"Who are you? Why do you keep bugging me?" He hesitates for a moment before answering.

"My name is Woohyun.” Woohyun? Who is Woohyun? I don’t even heard of him before. 

 

"Well, Woohyun. I guess I don’t know you." I replied.  

“I don’t know you either." He said. I stare at him, unamused.

"You said don’t know me? Then why do you keep appearing in front of me and talking to me?" My voice rising. “Wah, I must be really crazy to imagine something like this." 

 

"I'm not your imagination. I'm real." He said, offended. Now my imagination could even get offended.

"No, you're not real." I shake my head firmly.

"But now you're talking to me, aren’t you?" He raises an eyebrow, his thick and perfect eyebrow.

 

I look at him. "So what are you actually?"

 

 

I ask even though I already know the answer. He opens his mouth to reply, but closes it again. His black eyes look at me sharply.

 

"I... "

"You’re a ghost,"

 

I finish his sentence. My voice choked in my throat. He frowns in dislike, his eyes turn briefly to the ceiling and then re-focused on me.

 

"Ghosts do not exist."

"Oh well, I think they do. But if you say no, then what are you?" I openly pointed at him. "Well, no one can see or hear you. If you’re not a ghost, then you're part of my imagination. Which means you're not real. Just a hallucination that could disappear at any moment."

 

 

 

His eyes flash at me, but it only lasts for a second. His expression turns grim.

 

"If I could choose, I want to disappear." No, I'm not going to feel sorry for him. No. I need to concentrate hard not to gape in front of him.

"But sorry, I can’t grant your little hope." He puts on a serious expression on his face.

"I'm not a hallucination, nor part of your imagination. And I think you will be very disappointed be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter