-01

In Love With Ghost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jieun's POV

 

 

Hello, I’m Lee Jieun. There are two things in this world that you really should avoid if you were me .

 

 

First, bright colored eyes. I have a pair of big brown eyes that could be considered rare for Korean. I don’t wear contact lenses or come from a mixed blood family as people usually say. My eyes are nice and I have sharp eyesight, I’m able to see clearly even though you're standing hundreds of feet away from me.

The second is a body posture that is above average. My posture is tall among my friends. I'm not a model or idol as people say, although I have high cheekbones, fair white skin and plump red lips that dreamed by every girl. Isn’t all of which I mentioned above is a nightmare?  For me yes it is, I don’t like it when people stare at me for long time just because of my pretty face, it’s uncomfortable. I'm not the kind of person who likes attention .

The opposite happened to my little sister,Lee Seolhyun. She is three years younger than me. She goes to one of the famous art high school in Seoul. Seolhyun looks different compared to me , well we have the same posture -- even though she has a body that looks fuller - but she has a deep black eye color. Her milky white skin looks shiny and healthier, unlike me who has a pale white skin. And it’s just both of us in our home, our parents live in Hongkong because of their business, then they left their troublemaker youngest child to me.

 

 

I shut my room’s door and grab my keys after tidying my short black skirt that looks simple, I’m wearing a thin bright color sweater, which is draped over of the living room sofa’s arm, over a plain white shirt.         "Seolhyun , you'll be late if you’re dressing for too long." I shouted from the living room. My watch has been shown at five minutes past seven. This is not the right time to relax if you want to attend class at seven thirty.   My brow furrowed and there was a moment of silence.   "Seolhyun?" I walk into her room and push the door wide open, then gaping. Lee Seolhyun is putting one of her foot into the black stockings. Her school skirt is so short up to her thigh.       "You can’t wear that to school." I cringe.   "Why not?" She shrugs nonchalantly and continue her activities without turning and look at me.   "School rules don’t allow students to wear odd accessory to school." I protested. "And what's with the skirt? I recall last week it was still a school skirt. Why does it today turn into a piece of cloth that is just enough to cover your ugly ?"   Seolhyun straighten after successfully entering her slender legs in stockings. Her lips which is coated by pink lip gloss is pouting and her eyes are bulging.     "Stockings is not an odd accessories. I use it as a substitute for that white ugly and outdated socks." She sprays expensive perfume to dent of her neck and grabbed her school bag then looked at me with left hand on her ​​hips.         "This skirt was too long, I though it’s a mini dress, so I took it to a tailor to be fixed. And, oh yes one more thing before I forget. My is not ugly, okay? everyone say it’s a y ." Then she wanders away before I could open my mouth to retort. Yes that's my sister, welcome to my world .

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

This morning the streets are not crowded, so I arrive on campus ten minutes early. After parking my car at the usual parking lot , I step outside and greet the warm morning air and smiling.



"This day will be perfect." I said to myself.

 



If there's some spare time, I usually will stop at the reading stall and buy something to read. Magazine or newspaper won't a problem. As long as I have reading materials when I’m home tonight. A deadline in a national newspaper this morning caught my attention.


 

 

 


SON OF NAM ENTERPRISES HOLDINGS INC.’S CHAIRMAN WAS ROBBED AND KILLED

 

 

 



I take a 500 won coin from my wallet and hand it to Sukjin, the man who owned reading stall near my campus. As I’m waiting for the change, I glanced a few sentences under the headline.

 

 



"Around eleven o'clock at last night, Nam Woohyun (23 years), the marketing director of an import-export heavy equipment company in Busan, w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter