Chapter eight

✔Revenge, ✘not love

I yawned while ducking under the tree branches that are blocking my way. I knelt down to pick up some twigs for the campfire.           

“Not enough sleep?” Key asked while bending down to collect a stick.

“Yeah,” I got back up to my feet and stretched a bit. Heck, I did not even sleep one bit yesterday. Who would? Having to sleep in a tent full of men, with their snores practically tearing my eardrums apart...  I twisted and turned the whole night trying to get some sleep, but unfortunately sleep didn’t come like I hoped it would…

“Guess this should be enough, let’s head back to the campsite.” Ailee, our group leader, or at least that’s what she labelled herself, said. Ailee is pretty bossy I’ll say, but she’s reliable and responsible. I was kind of surprise to be honest because I thought she would be one of those y rich brat like the Krystal …

While walking back to the campsite, with armful of firewood, I heard a faint yelp behind me. Stopping on my tracks, I turned and saw Jessica struggling with something. I began walking to her direction and noticed her braided hair is caught on the branches. I stifled a laugh, dropped the firewood in my arms and approached her. She looked up at me with reddened cheeks and her glasses sliding down her nose.

“Need help?” I said while chuckling lightly.

“N..no.. i..it’s okay.” She pushed her glasses back up before struggling to get her hair free from the branches. 

“Let me help you.” I reached out my hand to pull out the rubber band from her braided hair. Her wavy hair falls perfectly down her back before she whimpered softly and looked at me with a brow raised.

“What are you doing?”

“I’m helping you. See, I got your hair out of the branches.” She ran her hand through her hair, blinked a few times before muttering a soft  ‘thanks’. “Say, you look prettier with your hair down. Not like you don’t with your hair braided, but I think you look better.” I mentally face palmed myself for uttering something weird. She must think I’m some sort of flirt. She nodded slightly with a flushed cheeks and we began walking back to the campsite after Ailee yelled at us to hurry up.

……

“Ugh, finally!” I tossed the firewood on the ground before stretching my limbs. 

“Took you long enough.” Yuri and her group who are in charge of the campfire began setting the fire up.  I rolled my eyes at her and jogged to sit on a camp chair.  My cute was about to make contact with the chair but someone kicked me causing my to land on the ground instead.

“What the heck?” I looked up to see the jerk’s face. “The , Kai?”

“You piece of trash should sit on the dirt.” He smirked. What the hell? “Here my lady, please sit.” Behind him stood the one and only Krystal , who’s giving me cold stares. She’s wearing a simple loose tank top, denim shorts and a light brown dockside. Eventhough she’s wearing such simple attire, she still managed to pull it out like it is some sort of designer clothing.

I stood up quickly and dashed to sit on the chair, hip bumped the along the way. She stumbled a little through the contact, before regaining her posture with her hands now on her hips and glared at me. I rolled my eyes at her, before crossing my legs and sat like a boss.

“What the hell?! Get the hell up!” Kai hissed and looked at me in disbelief.

“You don’t own the place,” I snorted and crossed my arms lazily.

“For your information, Krystal’s mother owns this entire island. So she basically owns this place.” Sehun, one of Kai’s followers stated. Dang, she really does own this place…

“You know what? If little princess here is tired,” I patted my thighs lightly and grinned, “she can always come and sit on oppa’s lap.” Kai and his gang gasped, while Krystal Jung just stared at me with the same old cold expression, though now with a barely visible pink on her cheeks probably from the embarrassment. 

“Whoever you are,” she started with a cold and icy tone. 

“It’s Amber.”

“I warned you before, but you chose to defy me.” She uttered with her jaws clenched. “You’re now officially pissing me off.” With that said, she slapped me across the face, stomped on my foot, and kicked me on the leg very hardly, before cat walking away. Ouch, feisty much? I just got abused by a conceited . I rubbed my abused spot, wincing at the pain. Damn, that girl can kick like a horse.

“You’re in dead trouble.” Sehun said with a warning tone. “Krystal gets anything she wants. And that includes getting rid of anyone she hates.”

“pfft,” I snorted. “Whatever you say.” That didn’t scare me one bit. Okay, I admit I am a little afraid. But I’m not going to let that and the jerks think I am some sort of coward who chickens out easily, which I probably am, but not in front of everyone.    

Kai leaned down closer to me with a cheeky smirk, his smelly breath tickling my face. Ew, did he brushed his teeth this morning? “Be careful you little punk.”  

“Oh, I will.” I retorted while rolling my eyes. He gave me one last look, snickered, before marching away with his group of followers. I heaved a sigh of relief and slouched against the chair. Phew, that was frightening. I thought he and his followers were going to corner me in a place and beat the living hell out of me…

“Interesting.” Someone whispered beside me. I shifted my eyes to the girl, who is standing right beside me with her hands behind her back. She smiled at me, cutely, and waved her hand. “Hello there.” I turned my head to all directions, making sure she’s actually speaking to me. There is nobody around, which means she is probably speaking to me. Weird.

“Hey?” My eyebrows arched and I looked at her curiously.

“You are interesting, and I like that.” She said casually.

“Thank you?” I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly.

“I like your courage. You don’t seem to be fazed by her.”

“Krystal ?” I blurted out. I quickly covered my mouth with both my hands and stared at the girl. She burst out laughing and clutched her stomach while stomping her foot continuously on the ground. I even saw tears rolling down her cheeks when she finally settled down and panted.

“Yes, Krystal.” She wiped the tears away with the tip of her fingers. “That .” I looked at her amusingly. “What? You’re not the only one who thinks she’s a . Wait, you might actually be the only guy who thinks she’s a .” She clarified. “The others are too busy mesmerizing her beauty that they don’t tend to notice the iness in her.” I snickered at her words. 

“You’re right. Completely correct.” I nodded my head and snapped my fingers. 

“I am Suzy,” She offered her hand. “I hope we can be friends, more than friends if you want to.” She winked seductively at me. Okay, she’s a flirt. I’m not very fond with flirtatious girls, but I let it slip since she seems like a nice girl, or probably because she just said Krystal is a .

“Friend is alright.” I shook her hand, and gave her a not so genuine smile.   

“Too bad.” She puffed her cheeks.

……

 

 Gathering us around the campfire after having our breakfast, JYP announced that we’ll be playing some sort of game. He said all of us will have to pair up with another person for the activities he’ll be giving us from every now and then.  Didn’t we already form a group? Why do we still have to team up with another person for another occasion? That . What if I were to pair up with one of Kai’s followers? Or worse, Kai?    

Feeling a bit chilly all of a sudden, I turned around just to meet a pair of cold eyes glaring at me. What the hell? Why is that Krystal glaring at me? I’m not even doing anything to her. Feeling the urge to piss her off, I pointed at her then at my chest, and mouthed ‘flat’. She didn’t seem to get the message at first, but when I did the same thing for the second time, her eyes widened and her jaw dropped. I chuckled and stuck my tongue out at her. 

“Ok guys, I’ve decided on the pairings.” JYP started calling out names. Clasping my hands, I prayed not to be paired up with any of the jerks. “Amber,” please, not Kai. Anyone but Kai. “and Krystal." 

 

 

. On second thought, maybe being partnered up with Kai isn’t the worst after all…