Chapter twenty-five

✔Revenge, ✘not love

A loud explosion caused me to jerk from my nap. Rubbing my eyes, I looked around me, noticing everyone in the helicopter was gazing intesnsely at the window. Feeling curious, I sat straighter and scooted over the nearest window. My eyes windened and I gaspped in shock when I saw what was happening below. Flaming buildings and cars were emitting smokes, miniature people could be seen running about. I covered my mouth with my palm and grasped the seat with my other hand. 

"W-what happened?" I muttered under my palm. 

"Your girlfriend made it happened." Siwon's voice sounded beside me and I turned to see his fame inches before mine, he was staring blankly out the window as well.

"Krystal would never-"

"She's not the Krystal you know anymore." I was cut off by Donghae who was sitting across me with his arms folded across his chest. He looked out the window for a few minutes before snapping his head to my direction. "We have to exterminate her for all means, I hope you can help us."

"H-help?" My eyes were wide as I stared at him incredulously. did he seriously just asked me to kill my girlfriend?

"I know what you're thinking." Donghaae spoke before I could even snap back at him. "If you really love her, you will stop her from doing things that she might regret in the future." I was speechless at that and i looked down to avoid hhis intense gaze.

"i-I c-can't." I managed to croaked out few minutes later as I clenched both my fist on my lap. I could never kill Krystal. Losing Krystal will kill me, and me killing krystal will kill me inside out. Donghae's gaze was on me for a moment before he sighed and turned his attention back to the window.

Minutes later, we landed on a remote place. Gettiing down the chopper, few injured men approached us with a frantic look. 

"Sir!" One of the men exclaimed. His arm was bleeding and his lower lip was busted. 

"Where's your leader?" Donghae asked, and the men's expressions fell.

"H-he sacrificed." 

"Damn!" Donghae shut his eyes tight and clenched his jaw. "Leeteuk, how could you die just like that." He muttered in rage. A loud bombing sound was head, causing us to snap our head to the source of the sound.

"The queen, she's planning to destroy the whole city isn't she?" Siwon gritted his teeth.

"Get the hunters ready." Donghae ordered, stretching his neck and arms. "Let the war began."

.........................

I was being escorted to a small cabin near where we landed by the injured men. Donghae and his men went to the city and he ordered his men to lock me up in this cabin, much to my dismay. 

"I want to go to the city! Let me out!" I exclaimed trying to push my way through two of the bulky men who were blocking the door. The others were sitting on the couch meanding their wounds.

"It's dangerous out there!"

"I don't care! Get me the out of here!" 

"Why you little-" 

*BOM!

"The ?!" The men were in defense position when the door of the cabin was broke open. "!!" Three men with bloodshot eyes and bloodied shirt marched in with sinister smiles on their face. I felt sick when one of the creatures attacked the two bulky men who were in front of me, and within seconds they were already lying on the ground lifeless. "!" 

"They're high rank vampires."

"ing ! Kyuhyun,get that kid out of here. The others, get ready to attack!"

"Yes sir!"

"Come on!" A thin handsome guy grab my wrist and dragged me to the back of the cabin.

 

"Leetuk!" I heard someone screamed and I turned me head over my shoulder briefly just to see the guy who was in charge getting bitten by on of the vampires.

"Jump jump jump!" Kyuhyun yanked me and pointed at the broken window. I hesitated before jumping out, a small cut was formed due to the broken piece of glass grazing my arm.

 

Kyuhyun landed right beside me before he stood hastily and stretched his arm out at me. I grabbed his hand and he pulled me back up to my feet 

"Thanks." I muttered while dusting my pants. He nodded curtly before grabbing my arm and began running. We got into a truck and fortunately the key was left stabbing at the keyhole. 

"Thank heaven's." Kyuhyun sighed and started the engine.  He sprinted down the road and within minutes we were stuck in a traffic in the middle of the city.

I gulped when I saw corpses all around the place. I could see few figures fighting amongst themselves.

"! We'are stuck here. Get out of the car." Kyuhyun. Said in frustration while slamming his fist onto the steering wheel. "Out!"

We got off the truck and sprinted down the road. Abandoned cars were scattersd around the road. Buildings were in flames or ruins.

But what shocked me the most was the sight in front of me as I rounded the corner. Destroyed buildings and cars were piled up into a huge mountain.

And there stood thousands of armed vampire hunters looking at the sane direction. I followed their gaze, and my eyes widened.

On the peak of the pile sat a figure. She had long red hair and black bat-like wings. She had a wicked smile on her face as she stared down at the hunters below her.

"Well well." She said in a teasing tone while twirling a stand of hair with her finger. "What's with the commotion?"

"Krystal Jung." Donghae's voice echoed in the almost silent atmosphere. 

"Krystal!" I shouted at the top of my lungs as I sprinted to their direction. I struggled by way through the crowd and ended up right beside Donghae.

"Amber? What the hell are you doing here?" 

"Krystal!" I ignored Donghae's question and stared at Krystal instead. Her smiled dropped drastically and I could feel the temperature dropping rapidly. Her gaze were cold and blank. "Why are you doing this?!" I said, gesturing my surrounding. "This is not you! Snap out of it!"

"Psst." She snorted, a mischievous smirk forming on her devilishly red lips. "Why?" She arched an eyebrow. "Because you human beings hurt me. My own mother mistreated me and never told me the truth. My so-called friends wanted to kill me. My-" She glared at me. It was so terrifying that it caused a shiver down my spine. "You lied to me. Your plan was to break my heart from the beginning. And now you've succeeded."

"Krys-"

"Now it's my turn to have my revenge. I'm going to kill everyone of you, and you'll regret ever lying to me!" A blast of energy sent all of us flying backwards. I skidded across the road.