Chapter fifteen

✔Revenge, ✘not love

The young girls and boys set up their tent whilst Krystal was sitting under a tree fanning herself. She felt very uncomfortable under the sun these days, as if the sun was draining all of her energy. 

"Hey." Krystal rolled her eyes at the voice. She need not turn around to figure out who that voice belongs to. 

"Go away Kai." She said flatly. She heard Kai chuckled with humour and she frowned. "What's so funny?"

"You're what I need." Kai was now standing right in front of him. "You're pretty interesting. You are the only girl that has ever rejected me." Krystal snorted.

"I have no idea why." Kai knitted his brow. 

"You want me." He said in slight furry. "I'm the most popular guy in school. Every girl wants me." Krystal rolled her eyes so hard she could almost see her brain. Kai gritted his teeth in rage. "I'll ask my father to cancel the partnership with your mother if you don't-" 

"I would like to see you try." Krystal deadpanned. She knew his father would never cancel a billion dollar project just for the sake of his idiotic son. Kai thought so too.  

"You!" Kai grabbed Krystal's upper arm. Krystal flinched and was about to yell at him but he was fast enough to clasped his hand on . 

Krystal's felt a rush of adrenaline through her system as Kai carried Krystal away from the crowd and into the woods. She tried her best to struggle but Kai was far too strong she could bare move.

"You made me do this!" Kai scowled. "You would definitely want me after this." Krystal's tears threatened to fall as Kai dumped her on the ground.

Amber was helping to set up Krystal's tent when Jessica approached her. Jessica offered her a bottle of water and she gladly took it. She uncapped the bottle and drowned down its content. She noticed Jessica staring at her so she glanced back at her with the corner of her eyes.

"Is there something on my face?" Amber asked while wiping the corner of with the back of her hand.

"A-ah? N-no." Jessica answered while looking down at the snowy white sand. 

"Oh." Amber shrugged it off before continuing what she was doing.

"Amber?" She heard Jessica called out.

"Hm?" 

"Do you like Krystal?" Amber immediately stopped whatever she was doing and turned around to face Jessica. 

"Gosh, no!" Amber answered a little too quickly. She was also blushing mad and Jessica saw it. 

"Oh." Jessica forced a soft smile before walking away hastily, leaving Amber behind scratching her head. Amber wondered why Jessica had asked that question. She made a mental note to ask her later.

Just then, she saw Kai forcefully dragging Krystal into the woods. She frowned and turned around. No one seemed to notice and she didn't want to do anything reckless so she ran into the woods alone and chased after them. She couldn't find them, not until she heard a scream. She panicked and sprinted to the direction where the scream came from. 

Kai smacked his lips onto Krystal's forcefully and Amber saw it. She saw how vulnerable and scared Krystal looked. She saw how Kai was treating Krystal. Her blood boiled and she clenched her fist so hard her palms were bleeding and her knuckles were white.

Without further thinking, she pounced on Kai, pinning him on the ground and began throwing heavy punches at him. Kai struggled but eventually turned them over, so he was in top of Amber now. Amber seemed powerless. She was, in fact a  girl afterall.

"The ?!" He scowled and raised his fist before bringing it down and it landed on Amber's jaw. Amber groaned at the excruciating pain, but gritted her pain and held back her tears. Kai continued hitting Amber.

Krystal was beside them regaining conscious from her shock. She saw Amber being punched by Kai. She saw how Amber struggled to keep herself conscious. Something deep inside her seemed to triggered. Unknown energy surged through Krystal and she got on her feet and grabbed Kai's shoulder.

She threw Kai away from Amber. Kai was too shocked to react in time as Krystal straddled him. He was genuinely shocked that Krystal, that slender and muscle less girl could actually lifted him off Amber. He looked into Krystal's eyes and saw nothing but pure rage. To be frank, he was scared, terrified even.

Krystal's felt the urge to tear Kai's flesh away. She glared at the scumbag below her and growled. She was about to bite the out of Kai when a stern raspy voice was heard.

"What's going on?" Krystal turned over her shoulder and saw JYP. JYP approached them and Krystal stood up hesitantly. JYP crouched down and took a look at Amber before frowning. "What happened?"

 

………..

 

Amber fluttered her eyes open and blinked to the brightness. She then found herself back in the tent alone. She pushed herself up but yelped at the soreness. She sat upright and wondered what happened after she lost consciousness. She remembered being punched by Kai. She remembered his weight was lifted off and she wondered why. She couldn't help but worry about Krystal. She stood and instantly groaned in pain. Key came in after a while and caught Amber struggling to walk. Key dropped what he was holding and hurried to Amber's side. He placed Amber's arm over his shoulder and helped him stand.

"Where do you think you're going honey?" Key scolded playfully.

"How's Krystal?" Amber asked worriedly.

"The princess fine." Amber let out a deep sigh of relief. "Thanks to you Mr Knight in shiny armour." Key smirked knowingly. Amber raised a brow at that. "Tell me honestly, do you like Krystal?" 

"W-what?" Amber's blood rushed to her face. "Why the hell do people keep asking that?"

"Cause it seems pretty obvious." Key chuckled and smacked Amber in the . "All those quarrelling and name callings, you're just trying to get her attention aren't you?" Amber shook her head vigorously. "Whatever you say llama." Key patted Amber's head. "Do you still want to go see Krystal?" Amber thought about it for a while.

"What happened to Kai?" She asked curiously. 

"He was kicked out of the camp. He boarded a helicopter back home just now." I nodded my head in satisfaction. "Is that bratty princess okay?" 

"Yup. She's in her tent resting though. Wanna pay her a visit?" Key wiggled his brows. I rolled my eyes at him and waved my hand in a dismissive manner.

"Nah." Amber said quietly. She wondered why she would risk her life to save that girl. If she was her old self, she would think twice before taking action. She wasn’t  that kind of girl who would risk her life saving someone. Unless she loves… “Ugh,” Amber immediately shook that thought out of her head.

“Are you okay?” Key eyed the latter weirdly.

“I-I, I’m just confused about something.” Yeah, I must be…