Chapter fourteen

✔Revenge, ✘not love

 

Krystal was sitting on a camp chair watching her friends preparing dinner while fanning herself with her hand when Amber approached her hastily. As if sensing the llama's presence, Krystal turned and looked at her with a brow raised. Amber chewed the inside of her cheek before forcing a smile. 

"Hungry?" Krystal stared at Amber skeptically. Amber noticed so she arched a brow. "Why are you giving me that look?" 

"Cause you are acting weird." Amber let out a nervous laugh. 

"Am I?"

"You know what I mean." Krystal gave Amber a nonchalant look. But deep inside her was feeling overwhelmed by the fact that Amber had just spoken something normal for the first time to her. 

"See, I know I was a befor-"

"You are a ." Krystal cut Amber off and Amber frowned momentarily. 

"Okay, I am a . But I figure out things could be a little... better? Between us..." Krystal heart skipped a beat. B-better? "Uhm, Krystal?" Krystal noticed she must have spaced out for too long so she cleared .

"Um, yeah, so, you want to be friends?" Krystal's heart starting beating wildly against her will. 

"Yeah, I guess." Amber scratched her head in an awkward way. She glanced quickly at Yuri, who was sitting not far from them by the campfire, while looking at them amusingly. Earlier this morning Amber had an argument with Yuri. Yuri had stated that Amber hadn't really been thinking about the revenge plan these days.

 

Flashback

 

“Have you already given up on that revenge plan of yours?" Amber looked up at Yuri and frowned. She had completely forgotten about the said revenge plan. 

"Not really." She hadn't really given up... Yuri looked at her skeptically. The corner of her lips curled upwards after a moment.

"Or do you have a change of plan? Have you fallen for the princess?" Amber stopped what she was doing and stared at Yuri in disbelief.  

"N-no! I would never fall for someone so conceited, bratty, stupid, y, pretty, y, hot..." Amber's head was all over the place. Amber stopped talking when she saw Yuri's mischievous smirk. "I-I..." Yuri's smirk grew wider when Amber's face turned tomato red.

"I see..." Yuri nodded her head and puckered her lips.

"D-don't 'I see' me. It's not what you think!"

"Really?" Yuri's smirk never left her face as she raised a brow.

"OMG Krystal, Zhoumi, that Mars basketball team captain. “ Both of them paused at the mention of Amber's ex's name. They turned around and saw Krystal, Sulli and Luna sitting not far away from them. Curios to what they were saying, they kept quiet and tuned in to their conversation. "I heard he broke up with his girlfriend because of you.” Yuri shot Amber a look and Amber rolled her eyes at her.

“That’s his problem. Besides, his girlfriend must’ve been some kind of ugly chick for him to break up with her just like that." Yuri laughed silently and glanced at Amber at the corner of her eyes. Amber was snorting red and was glaring intensely at Krystal.

"You know what?" She heard Amber muttered under her breath. Amber turned to look at Yuri with determination in her eyes. "I'm gonna make her fall hard for me and she's going to regret ever saying that about me." 

 

End of flashback

 

 

"Why are you suddenly being so... friendly to me?" Krystal arches a curious brow. They were still yelling at each other yesterday. Furthermore, Amber glared at her this morning for who know why. Why was Amber suddenly being so nice to her? Asking her to be her friend even. 

"Um..." Amber couldn't find any reason to her question. She fidgeted her hands nervously as Krystal shot her a skeptical look.

"Is it because Jessica asked you to?" Amber thought she heard hurt in Krystal's voice. She quickly dismissed the thought though.

"No, why would you think so?" 

"Since you two... seem close?" Krystal's statement sounded like a question.

"We're not what you think we are." Amber shook her head hastily. "We are just mere friends." Krystal heaved a sigh of relief but paused when she realized what she was doing. 

Why am I relieved that they aren't dating? 

Amber on the other hand was also confused with her own action. Why did she felt the need to explain to that bratty ? 

Amber snapped out of her thoughts when Krystal uttered, "Sure."

"What?"

"I said we can be friends idiot.” Krystal rolled her eyes at Amber. Amber grinned widely and extended out a hand."

"Friends." Krystal took Amber's hand and gave it a light shook.

 

......

 

Turned out being friends with Krystal Jung wasn't what Amber thought it would be. Amber let out a deep sigh as she carried Krystal's belonging to her limo. Amber felt like she was no different from the other guys who were also helping the princess. Today they were supposed to move their campsite to the beach, to spend a week or two there. 

As the princess and her sister approached the limo, the guys were fighting each other just to open the door for the princess. Amber rolled her eyes hard at them before she herself went to open the door for the Jungsis. She smiled and winked at Jessica while beckoning her into the car. Jessica smiled in return, her cheeks rosy red. Amber smiled indifferently to Krystal but Krystal just shot Amber a deadly glare before climbing in her limo. 

They arrived at the beach after a few minutes ride down the mountain. The sun glowed on Amber's slightly tanned skin as she got down the bus. She breathed in the warm humid air and stretched. She saw the boys hurrying to a certain direction and saw Krystal's head poked out of a certain white limousine. Amber frowned when Krystal head shrunk back almost immediately.  

Krystal blinked rapidly, her surrounding was black for a few second before she slowly regained her sight. 

"Are you okay Soojung?" She heard Jessica asked in concern and felt a hand on her shoulder. She slapped her hand away and got off the limo, once again bring blinded momentarily by the brightness of the sun. It took her awhile before she fully adjusted her eyes to the brightness. Jessica stood beside her sister looking at her worriedly. 

"Are you alright? Do you he do anything?" Jessica asked again. Krystal just waved a dismissive hand before walking away, the boys and her friends trailing behind her. Jessica sighed.