Chapter eighteen

✔Revenge, ✘not love

Krystal’s pov

It’s been days since I felt someone constantly watching me from afar. During the night when I’m alone in tent, I can always feel someone else’s presence near my tent. Must be my imagination or something. Or maybe there is actually someone stalking me since people have been saying I looked more and more beautiful these days.  

I looked at myself through the mirror and touched my face. My skin is paler, my lips are redder, my eyes are… lighter in colour? I’m not complaining about turning beautiful but if you’re in my situation you would have been scared of the drastic changes as well.  I heard my tent ping and I turned to see Sulli approaching me.

“Krystal.” She greeted. “You’re up early.”

“I didn’t sleep at all.” I said while rubbing my temples. It’s getting harder and harder to fall asleep these days. Especially when I can feel someone wandering around outside my tent during the night.

“Are you sick?” Sulli asked in concern.

“No.” I shook my head.

“Do you want to rest for the day?” She suggested. “I can ask JYP for his permission if you want-“

“It’s okay.” I waved my hand in dismissal before getting off the bed and headed out of the tent. Sulli followed closely behind me as I walked along the beach. I breathed in the morning air while stretching.

“Good morning girls.” I heard someone greeted behind us. I turned and my heart skipped at the sight of Amber.

“Morning Amber and Jessica.” Sulli waved her hand excitedly.  I was busy staring at Amber I didn’t even notice Jessica was standing right behind him all along. I frowned at the sight of her and crossed my arms.

“Seems like JYP isn’t up yet.” Amber said while grinning. “How about we go for a walk together?” He suggested. I was about to decline his offer when Sulli nodded excitedly and hooked her arm around Amber’s.

“Let’s go.” I frowned at her action. Feeling discomfort and irritated, I yanked Sulli’s arm away and hooked my arm around Amber’s instead. Sulli eyed me confusingly for a second, before her the corner of her lips curved. I blushed when I realized what I just did and immediately released Amber’s arm. Amber was looking at me, her cheeks tomato red as he scratched his head.

“Amber.” Jessica suddenly called out. I turned and looked at her with a brow raised. What is she up to? “Uhm, I don’t feel very well.” She said while looking down. “I’m going back to the tent.” With that said, she ran back to our campsite without looking back.

“Oh,” Sulli blurted out and I eyed her weirdly. “Actually, I have to wake Luna up now. You stay and accompany Amber.” Without waiting for my reply, she sprinted off, leaving me and Amber behind. What the… What’s wrong with these people?

“So it’s only us huh?” Amber said quietly and I nodded without looking at her. We walked along the beach, our shoulders often bumping due to our closeness. My heart thumped against my chest at a rate so fast I was afraid it might eventually explode. What are these feelings? These foreign feelings I’ve been having since I met Amber.  I’ve never felt this way before.  It felt so weird but at the same time it felt so nice. So nice I might just die in happiness. Is this…

“Amber?” I broke the peaceful silence between us and he flinched.

“Y-yes?” His cheeks are in a beautiful shade of pink. I wondered what he was thinking at this moment.

“What are you thinking? You’re blushing.” I teased. His cheeks turned even redder and he looked taken aback.

“I-I w-w-wasn’t t-thinking a-anything o-or y-you!” He blurted out.

“You were thinking about me?” I leaned closer to him with a small smirk.

“N-no! i-I w-wasn’t t-thinking ab-about h-how r-romantic it w-would b-be if w-we k-kissed here.” He stuttered incoherently. He paused when he realized what he just said and blinked rapidly. “N-no! I-“ I silenced him by pressing my lips against his’. His eyes widened as he tried to comprehend what just happened. I broke the kiss and panted. Eventhough I just pecked him for a second, my heart felt like I’ve been running forever.

“I like you too.” I said quickly and blushed furiously. He stood frozen with his mouth agape and his eyes so wide it seemed like his eyeballs were going to pop out any second.

“T-too?” He looked at me with a brow raised.

“W-well! You said you want to kiss me right? D-doesn’t that means you like me?”

“Conceited as always huh?” He grinned and I glared at him. “But you’re right this time.” He pulled me into a hug. “I do like you, eventhough you’re a bratty conceited flat-chested-“

“Yah!” I hit his arm and he chuckled.

“Anyway, I like all of you.” He released me and looked at me in the eyes. I felt nothing but pure happiness. My heart is leaping with joy and my stomach is aching with all the butterflies flying all around. I wrapped my arms around his neck and brought him closer to me.  

 

Meanwhile….

Jessica watched in sorrow as Krystal leaned forward. She almost screamed out in shock when a pair of hands covered her sight. The hands felt warm, and she was oddly calm even though she didn’t know who was behind her blinding her. Unconsciously, she felt herself tearing up. The person behind her slowly removed her hands from her eyes and turned her around.

“Y-Yuri?” Jessica sobbed as she stared at the tall tanned girl in front of her. Yuri smiled softly before pulling Jessica into a tight embrace. “W-what…”

“You can cry on my shoulder. I don’t mind.” Yuri said and patted Jessica’s back. Jessica broke down in tears as she buried her face on Yuri’s shoulder and cried silently.

“I love him.” She mumbled to herself.

“I know I know.” Yuri sighed and caressed Jessica’s head.

After a while, Jessica finally calmed down so she pulled away from the hug. Yuri slipped her hand into her pocket and pulled out a handkerchief. She handed the handkerchief to Jessica and Jessica thanked her before taking it. Jessica removed her glasses to wipe her tears and Yuri was taken aback by the sight in front of her.

Yuri felt as if lightning had just struck her heart as she stared at Jessica’s red puffy eyes.  Jessica looked so beautiful without her glasses. Yuri felt as if Jessica’s innocent eyes were drawing her closer. She leaned closer unconsciously and pecked Jessica’s lips. She immediately regretted it when she saw Jessica’s surprised expression.

Jessica eyed Yuri with both her eyes and mouth agape. Yuri thought Jessica looked extremely cute she closed their distance and pressed her lips against Jessica’s. Jessica had no time to react as Yuri moved her lips and slipped her tongue into Jessica’s already agape mouth. When she snapped out of her daze, Jessica pushed Yuri away roughly and touched her lips. Yuri heart skipped as Jessica teared up again. She’s so freaking cute!!!  Yuri thought as her heart fluttered.

“Idiot!” Jessica yelled and ran away as Yuri stood rigid behind gazing at Jessica’s retreating form.

 

…………………........

 

“Amber!!!!” Yuri spotted Amber sitting on the sand. Amber turned over her shoulder and looked at the overexcited Yuri with a brow raised. “Oh my gosh Amber!!! I think I’m in love!” Yuri exclaimed happily.

“Woah, chill.” Amber was taken aback by Yuri’s word. Yuri, the infamous lady player in her school fell in love with someone? Who is she kidding?

“Thanks to you man!” Yuri slapped Amber’s back hard. Amber coughed out in pain. “Because you succeed in courting Krystal so-“

“Y-you s-saw??!!” Amber cut Yuri off and screamed at her face.

“Yes, congrats, but listen to me fir-“

“Oh my god, Yuri, you saw us making out didn’t you?” Amber buried her face into her palms in embarrassment.

“Em, not really. I just saw her pecking you lips, that’s all.” Yuri said with a shrug. Then she smirked and nudged Amber’s rib. “You two made out after that?” Amber blushed, her whole body turning red.

“I-it’s my first time k-kissing a girl.” Amber muttered under her raged breath. “I didn’t know it would felt so incredible and right.” Yuri gasped and placed her hands on Amber’s shoulder.

“You’re falling in love aren’t you?!” Yuri shook Amber’s shoulder violently. Amber looked anywhere but her best friend as she mumbled something. “What?”

“I think I am-“

“So you’re bi?” Yuri exclaimed. “I thought for sure you are straight as pole but I guess my gaydar went wrong.” Yuri joked. “But she doesn’t know you’re a girl right?” Amber sighed dejectedly at that. “Hey, don’t be sad pal, I’m sure she’ll still love you the same.”

“She’s straight.”

“Well, girls are just like spaghetti, they can’t be all that straight if you made them wet right?” Yuri winked. Amber gave the dirtiest look she could muster.

“You’re disgusting.”

“Thank you, I love you too.”