Chapter twenty-three

✔Revenge, ✘not love

"Master." Siwon bowed as soon as his master arrived the shore. "We have exterminated most of the vampires. Some escaped." The other vampire hunters bowed a little at the sight of the young leader.

"The queen?" Donghae glanced at the vampire corpses scattered on the ground.

"We lost track of her master. She has awakened the supernatural speed of hers." Siwon said apologically while bowing, the others followed suit.

"Not only that." Donghae clenched his fist. "The queen has also learned to hide her vampire presence, I can't sense her at all." He turned his head over his shoulder and glared into the woods. "We must capture the queen as soon as possible, before all her powers awakened."

"Yes sir!!" The hunters shouted in unison before going to separate ways into the woods.

"I'm afraid it will be difficult to seek for the queen like this."  Siwon said and Donghae nodded his head.

"Without her presence, she is practically invisible in this huge and remote island." 

"Is there anything we can do master?" 

"We need something that'll trigger her emotion greatly." Donghae said. 

"Master, one of our hunters, Sulli was her name I supposed, told me something useful before this." Siwon started, immediately grabbing Donghae's attention. "The queen is in love."

"Someone in the camp?" 

"Apparently, master. I've investigated the queen's lover's background and I learned something quite interesting about him, or shall I say, her."

 

...............

 

   

I've been staring at Krystal for a great time and I can sense that Krystal is starting to get annoyed by my stare. 

"Y-you a-are a vampire?!" My voice went a pitch higher at the end and I stared at her incredulously. She nodded her head,  before opening , letting me watch as her fangs popped out. I jumped back a little, feeling flabbergasted and shocked.

"You said you will love me no matter what." She said softly, and she looked a bit hurt. I shook my head vigorously and stepped back closer. 

"N-no! I'm just shocked! Thats all!" I exclaimed quickly, even though my head is spinning all around, probably my life too. She smiled and instantly brought me into a bone crushing hug. 

"I love you so so so much!!!" She broke the hug and  kissed me full on the lips. I responded to the kiss even though my back hurt like a lot. Then a thought came to my mind... what if she find out about my secret? She's a vampire for sake!!! She can kill me with a snap of her fingers!!! "Amber?" I jumped a little when she touched my face. 

"S-sorry, I was spacing out." I forced a smile. "I just can't believe vampires exist.... and that I'll be dating a scary one." I mumbled the last part. 

"What did you said?"

"I-I said I'm lucky to be dating a hot vampire like you." I said,  giving her an overly huge grin. "But you wouldn't my blood would you?" I looked at her, trying to hide my nervousness. 

"No!" Krystal shook her head violently. "I will never ever do that!" 

"Well, o-okay." I rubbed the back.  Should I tell her now? But I'm so ing scared!! I mean, I am ALONE with her! But it's probably better than having her discover about it later on by herself.... Maybe I should find a good timing and-

 

"Krystal Jung Soo Jung!!!"  I covered my ears with my palms when a loud defending voice echoed around the island. I glanced around, and found a chopper in the middle of the air.

 

"What the-" I was cut off by the loud deep husky voice.

 

"Reveal yourself queen," I frowned at that. Why is he calling my princess a queen? But I decided to just shut up and listened as the voice continued. "and I will grant you a fast and painless death."

"Never!" Krystal snarled and gritted her teeth in rage.

"I sympathy you, queen." The voice blarred and Krystal frowned deeply. "Having to be lied for your whole life. Your mother kept everything a secret from you. Your friends lied to you. Even your lover kept something from you." Krystal's eyes darted to my direction for a moment, and I quicklynl looked away

"Amber." I refused to look at her in the eyes. How did that guy on top there kn-

"Amber Liu." The voice sounded again, making my eyes went wide. "An orphan who was adopted by an american-taiwanese family. Moved to Seoul at the age of 12 huh?" My mouth went agape and I looked up at the chopper in horror. That bastard investigated me!! "Hmmm, aren't you quite the popular one?" 

"Stop!!" I shouted, while flailing my arms in the air.

"Oh, you were dumped by the basketball.captain huh?" I gulped and looked over to observe Krystal's confused expression. "So you went and seek for revenge. You disguised yourself as a boy and got in the camp because you were planning to avenge yourself by making Krystal Jung fall for you as a guy." The secret was finally out, and I couldn't do anything besides watching Krystal fell on her knees with her eyes widened. 

"No!!!!" Krystal screamed, with her hands cluthing tightlyaaround her ears. "You are lying to me, Amber will never do that to me!!!" She snapped her head at me direction and asked, "right?" 

"Krys...." I looked at her apologically and she shook her head vigorously.

"No, this is all a dream. I'm not a vampire, Amber is not a girl, vampires doesn't exist." She chanted to herself, tears rolling down to her cheeks. 

"Krystal, I'm really-" I tried reaching iout for her but she slapped my hands away. 

"Don't come near me!!!" She glared at me, her eyes changing to golden red. "You liar, you lied about everything. You lied to me that you love me. I hate you, I hate humans. They're all liar!!!!" A blast of energy sent me flying back and my back hit a tree as I fell to the ground. I yelped helplessly at the pain and lifted my head slightly to look at Krystal. 

I watched in horror as Krystal screamed, her skin glowed so bright it almost blinded my eyes. Krystal's hair turned crimson red in an instant, shocking the living hell out of me. She arched her back and and her scream echoed in the woods briefly as something black tore though the skin of her back. It finally came clear to me what the object on her back was as I squinted my eyes and caugt glimpse of a pair of black wings.  My breath caught up in my throat and my eyes windened in complete and utter shock at the sight in front of me. In front of me stood the most beautiful creature I've ever seen. Krystal glared at me with her gold enchanting eyes, her blood red hair cassended down her pale white shoulder. She stood tall before me, her bat-like wings blocked the sunlight as I peered up at her. She looked so beautiful it is almost unbelievable for my eyes to take in. 

"K-Krystal?" I mumbled. But she didn't respond. She just stared at me with her pair of cold eyes. "Krystal, please." I reached out to touch her when a familiar voice startled me from behind.

"Watch out!" A dagger flew barely past my face and stabbed itself onto the tree a few feet beside me. Within seconds, Krystal was being pinned onto the gound by a figure. 

"Hey!!!" I stood hastily and tried to pry the man off Krystal. Another man appeared right behind me and pulled me back by the waist. " off!!!" I struggled to get out of the man's grip. "Let me go!!!" Krystal remained rooted on the gound as the man above her gripped her neck.She stared blankly at the man, her face expression showed no sign of fear nor anger.

"You've awakened your true nature." The man said as he pulled out a gun from the holster inside his suit. He pointed the gun at Krystal's head and pulled the trigger.

"No!!!" I screamed as a loud bang filled the air.