Chapter twenty-one

✔Revenge, ✘not love

"It can't be." Krystal slauched against the chair with her eyes widened. "You are hypnotizing me aren't you?!?" She screamed at the man in front of her. 

"If you don't believe me, why don't you try asking your beloved mother?"

"M-mother?" Krystal's lips quivered as she stared at the man in disbelief. 

"Let me tell you a story, princess." He leaned against his chair comfortable while clapsping his hands. "Vampires exist in this world since a very long time ago. The vampire clan is being ruled by the vampire queen, the most powerful vampire to have ever existed. Humanity almost went extinct during one era, but the vampire hunters managed to exterminate the first vampire queen." He paused for a second and glanced at Krystal, whose eyes were huge and was agape. "No one really knows about this except for the vampire hunters and some priests. Since then, the vampire hunters had established an association and it has expended world wide. Every second the vampires around the word will  search for the remaining vampires and eliminate them. Our ancestors have told us that the vampire queen is said to be incarnate through someone's body someday." He glanced at the stunned Krystal and gave her a serious look. "If that happens, we are to kill her before she awakens her true nature." He leaned forward and Krystal shivered under his stern gaze. "And then you were born." He whispered, barely audible but Krystal heard it clearly and gasped.

"Y-y-you're not s-saying..." Krystal tried to calm herself but she was terrified.

"15 years and 11 months ago," the man cut her off, "a baby was born. She had a lovely little face but unfortunately she was said to be possessed by something terrifying." Krystal knew exactly who the man was referring to. "Vampire hunters were trying to convince the parents that the baby shouldn't live, but the parents didn't believe them. They hired bodyguards to look after the baby and to kept her away from the vampire hunters. Eight years later after the baby was born," Krystal heart jumped and she snapped her head up to look at the man with wide eyes. "a group of vampires decided to kidnap their queen so they broke into her mansion and killed a lot of people, including the father." Krystal's heart fell and tears began rolling down her cheeks.

"Stop!!" She covered her ears with her hands and cried uncontrollably. 

"The vampire hunters saved them, and the mother made a deal with them." 

Krystal shook her head violently, refusing to listen any further. Sulli and the others eyed Krystal in sympathy. They knew it wasn't the girl's fault to be born this way. Sulli couldn't help but she

d a tear or two at the sight of Krystal breaking down in front of her. The man eyed Siwon and he nodded his head before approaching Krystal and removed her hands from her ears forcefully.

"I don't want to hear!!!" Krystal screamed but the man continued.

"Your mother agreed to have us kill you, but we have to let you live during your human years. We were expecting you to change after your sixteenth birthday, but you changed much more earlier than we had expected. To tell you the truth, we were supposed to eliminate you after this camp, in this island itself, where there wouldn't be any destraction and vampires." The man stood and walked over the other aide of the desk. Krystal sobbed and glared at the man. 

"Are you going to kill me now?!" She said slowly but menacingly. The man held Krystal by her chin and Krystal shook his hand off.

"You're exactly like the legend says. Incredibly beautiful with cold aura." He sat at the edge of the desk and stared at Krystal. 

Krystal felt incredibly scared. Never in her life had she thought she would be a vampire, much less the incarnation of a vampire queen. Her world seemed to crumbled down overnight. Her heart was racing, her head was pouding and every part of her body was trembling in fear. She tried to hide her fear.

"Your heart is beating really fast." The man said, startling Krystal. 

"And how would you know that?" Krystal spat, clenching her fists behind her back.

"I can hear it pounding against you chest." He said softly. Krystal frowned. 

"A-are you a vampire?" Krystal instantly felt stupid for asking that question. He is a vampire hunter for gods sake!!!

"Partly." Krystal's eyes widened in shock. "I'm a dhampir You know what that means, right?" Krystal nodded faintly while eyeing him oddly. "I know what you're thinking."

"You can read minds too?"

"No, but I have common sense." Krystal resisted the urge to roll her eyes at this intense moment. "You must be wondering why I'm helping the human instead of the vampires right?" His eyes darkened, as if he was reminiscing some dark momeries. "Because vampires hate us, the hybrids, half vampire half human."

 "Why?"

"Just because." He got onto his feet and dusted his pants. "Just for your information, I am Lee Donghae, the one in charge of the vampire hunters in Korea. And I look forward in killing you." 

Just then, a loud buzzing sound filled the air, startling everyone in the room. Donghae ran to his seat hastily and checked the desktop. Everyone gathered around the desk and looked at Donghae worriedly.

"What is wrong, master." Siwon asked when he noticed his master frowning.

"Assemble everyone, there is a boat of vampire heading to the island." He said sternly. "JYP and Sulli." Both of them stepped forward. "Take the queen and guard her."

"Yes sir!" They said in unison before dragging me out of the room. 

"Sulli." Krystal called out when they were out of the room in the corridor.

"Y-yes?" 

"Since when have you been a vampire hunter?" Sulli looked at Krystal and her eyes softened.

"Since I found out my parents were killed by vampires." She said softly and Krystal's eyes widened slightly at the revelation. "Eventhough at first I was assigned to watch after you, but then I sincerely think of you as a friend." She smiled sadly at her.

"Enough." JYP snapped at Sulli. "Lock her up." They were back in the room where Krystal first found herself in.

"I'm sorry Krystal." Sulli whispered before chaining Krystal's feet to the wall. 

She left and locked up the room after a while and Krystal sat of the floor hugging her knees. She couldn't stop thinking about her parents. Her father, who died protecting her. And her mother, who had been protecting her all along. She regretting treating the people who truly loved her awfully. Father, mother, Jessica, her friends, Amber... 

"Amber." She whimpered.