Chapter four

✔Revenge, ✘not love

 

 “I don’t mean to sound rude but what is the purpose of this camp?”

“What did I say about not questioning my action?”

“Sorry ma’am, but I…”

“Enough Soo Hyun, inform the girls to get ready for the camp.”

“Yes ma’am.” Soo Hyun sighed as he exited the study room. He and his family have been working for the Jungs for who knows how long but he never understood why Jun Ji Hyun never trusted him. He practically knows everything and all the dark secrets of Jung family. He sighed before knocking the door reluctantly.

“What!” Soo Hyun swallowed the lump in his throat before letting out a long sigh.

“Ms. Krystal, your mother had asked me to inform you to get ready for the camp.” He heard a loud groan before the door swung open revealing a gorgeous yet furious face. Scratch that, gorgeous is an understatement, there is yet a word in the oxford dictionary to describe the beauty this young maiden possesses. Sometimes he wondered if her beauty can get any further…

“Have I not told you that I’m not going to the stupid camp?!” She ran her hair through her long silky hair. Soo Hyun had to bit his lip to prevent him from drooling over the beauty in front of him.

“But your mother….”

“Fine, whatever.” She glared at him before shutting the door. Soo Hyun knew the young girl’s weakness, her mother. Whenever Soo Hyun mentioned the woman’s name, the young girl would never rebel and do whatever her mother wanted her to do. Soo Hyun chuckled lightly as he made his way to another door. The door cracked open when he was about to knock on it.

“Oh, Morning Ms. Jessica.” He gave the latter a bright smile. “I see you’re ready for the camp.” He eyed the mini luggage beside her. 

“Yeah.” Jessica smiled back as she pushed the frame of her glasses up. Jessica is plain looking I’ll say, but she’s definitely a nicer person. “Are you okay?” Soo Hyun snapped out of his thoughts when Jessica patted his shoulder.

“Yeah, I’m just thinking about something.”

“Is it about the camp?”

“Ah, sort of.” Not really

“I heard it is because of the shareholders. They insist on organizing the camp most probably because their sons wanted to. You know, a chance to hit on with Soojungie.”

 “Is that so?” He sighed in relief. Here I thought something is up, what a relief. 

“People nowadays are just… so lame.” Jessica shook her head and sighed.

“You are speaking as if you’re an old lady.” They both chuckled lightly before the door next to Jessica’s snapped open. ”Oh, Ms. Krystal, finally you’re done. Where is your luggage?” Krystal pointed her room, before walking flipping her hair and walked away.

“She meant to have you carry all her things, you know right?” Jessica gave Soo hyun a look of sympathy.

“Yeah, and I’m sure it’s not going to be light.” Soo Hyun sighed before dragging his feet into the younger Jung’s room.

 

…........................................

 

Amber’s pov

“How come I didn’t know about this?” I blurted out as I stared at the private jet in front of me in awe. The last thing I remembered was me slacking off in the cab and the next thing I know, Yuri was dragging me out of the cab and here I am, staring at the jet in front of me with a few attendants welcoming us in.  

“About what?” Yuri asked while dragging her luggage with a camouflage backpack hanging over her shoulder. Unlike her, I only brought a backpack with me since I don’t have many male’s clothing.

“About this! All of this.” I stretched out my arms and pointed at the direction of the private jet. “Aren’t we going for summer camping?” I looked at her with my brows knitted in confusion.  

“We are.”

“Then why the hell are we here about to board that jet?”

“Well, we’re about to head to a private island…”

“Private island?!” I cut her off with my eyes widened. “We’re camping at an island?” What the hell? I didn’t know about that!

“You don’t? You should read the details before registering.” She rolled her eyes at me. “Apparently, the island we’re about to head to is the company’s property.”

“What the hell.” I shook my head in disbelief. What kind of camp is this? I’m not even sure if you even consider this as summer camp anymore. Isn’t this more like a trip…

“Come on, let’s get on that jet!” Yuri pulled me along as we got on the luxurious jet. “Oh .” Both of us gasped as soon as we entered the jet.  

“Woah!” My jaw almost touched the floor as we scanned our surroundings. “Cool.” There are 8 pairs of single sofas at the front, each pair with its own modern table. There is also a U shaped sofa at the back, with a table in the centre and a 50inch LED TV attached to the wall.  Everything is very well decorated… Heck, its super luxurious and it looked like a president’s private jet.

“Check this out.” Yuri gasped when she opened one of the doors at the back of the jet. “There’s a Jacuzzi bath in the toilet!” She proceeded by opening each one of the doors. “Suite, broadroom, gamer room…” I rolled my eyes before plopping myself on the U shaped sofa while admiring the place. A stewardess approached me with a shy smile.

“Morning sir, what do you like to have?” I smiled, suddenly feeling satisfied with my disguise when the stewardess called me ‘sir’.

“Erm, I’ll have a cup of coffee.” She nodded before excusing herself. “Jeez Yuri, you should’ve told me about this, I felt underdressed.” I’m only wearing a plaid shirt with the sleeves rolled up and a skinny black jean.

“Shut up, you look fine. And it’s not my fault that you didn’t bother reading the details.” Yuri rolled her eyes, before picking the remote on the table and switched on the TV. “Seems like we’re the only ones who arrived early huh?” She plopped herself next to me.

“Not really.” I almost jolted out of the sofa when a voice from behind startled both me and Yuri. That person rested his arms over me and Yuri’s shoulder from the back of the sofa and grinned. “Sup, Kai from Star high here.” So much of a polite person…  

“Yuri, from Mars High School.”

“Oh, that public school across our school right?” Kai snickered a bit which made me clenched my fist a bit. “How about you dude?” He looked at me with a smirk. I was about to ignore this arrogant kid but Yuri kept nudging me on the rib.  

“Amber.” I quickly covered my mouth with both my hands when I realized I just blurted out my real name. 

“Amber?” Kai's brow arched a bit before chuckling. “Man, that’s one hell of a girlish name.”

“Uhm, yeah.” I scratched my nape nervously. “My parents decided to troll with me.”

“You’re funny,” he snorted in amusement at my remark. “You’re from that public school too?”

 “Yeah.” I replied simply and shrugged his arm off my shoulder, before turning my attention back to the TV, trying to give him a hint that I’m not interested in talking to him any further. Clearly he did not get the hint, as he started throwing us a bunch of questions again.

“So what you guys up to?” He started. “Why willing to pay your precious little money just for this camp?” He mocked. I was about to snap at him but Yuri placed her hand on my thigh to calm me down. “You guys are here to ‘hunt’ us right?”

“Hunt?” I adverted my gaze to him and looked at him with an arched brow.

“You know, trying to get one of us to like you… in short, money digger.”

“Hey!” I snapped. “We aren’t here to dig you guys money or whatsoever…”

“Oh.” He snapped his fingers. “If you’re not up for money, then you’re up for her, Krystal Jung.” 

“W..wha…” My eyes widened and my heart raced. Does he knows about my revenge plan?

“Don’t bother trying.”He smirked. “She’s going to end up being mine.” I snorted at him and snickered sarcastically.

“Believe me, she’ll end up liking me.” I challenged. Oh, I’m so dying to punch that arrogant look out of his face. 

“I’ll like to see you try.” He winked before walking away to one of the rooms at the back.

“Quite confident aren’t you?” Yuri said while wiggling her eyebrows. “You’re that sure Krystal Jung will fall for you?”

“Of course. I bet it on my precious hair and money, if this revenge plan doesn’t succeed I’m so gonna kill you.”

“Wait, why me?”

“Because I said so.” I shrugged and I heard her muttering curse words under her breath.

“By the way, what happened to ‘Aiden’?” Yuri brought up the fake name both of us spent a night deciding on.

“Guess I’ll have to stick ‘Amber’ now.”