Chapter seventeen

✔Revenge, ✘not love

I hugged my pillow tighter and inhaled its strawberry scent. It felt soft and warm... Wait, since when did I have a pillow?

 

I opened my eyes hastily and another pair of hazel ones met mine. Immediately, I released the 'pillow' and fell off the bed.

 

"Ouch." I closed my eyes and winced.

 

"Are you okay?" I paused and opened my eyes. I lifted my head slowly and saw Krystal looking down at me. 

 

Odnisbiibdkndods, she looks so beautiful. She's always been this beautiful? Or are my eyes deceiving me? Her eyes are sharper, her skin is glowing and her lips are slightly redder. She is giving off some kind of pheromones today….

 

"Amber?" OMG, her voice sounded ier for some reason. Is something wrong with me?

 

"U-uhm, I-I g-g-gotta go!" I ran out of the tent. I panted and leaned against a tree. I almost jumped out of  my skin when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

 

"Jesus!" Key clutched his chest. "You don't have to scream like a girl!" I sighed and slapped his arm.

 

"You scared the out of me." 

 

"Where were you all night?" Key raised a brow. "You weren't on your bed all night."

 

"O-oh," I scratched my head nervously. "I-I was sleeping outside."

 

"On the sand?" He raised his brow.

 

"Yup."

 

"Weird ." Key shook his head. "Wanna come bath with me?" 

 

"No." I replied immediately. 

 

"Meh, you still like bathing alone after so long. Why are you being so shy?"

 

"Shut up." I shoved him lightly and he chuckled before disappearing into the woods, probably heading to the river.

 

   

 

As soon as the sun is up, the people emerged from their respective tent, readying to prepare for dinner. Jessica saw me and approached me with a smile.

 

"Morning Amber." She greeted warmly.

 

"Morning Jess." I smiled in return.

 

"Yesterday sure was loud." She said as she plopped down on the camp chair beside me and started helping me to chop the vegetables.

 

"Yeah." Memories of me hugging and soothing Krystal began playing in my mind. I shook my head and blushed.

 

"I wonder if Krystal is okay." She said worriedly. "She's afraid of thunder. I heard her screaming yesterday. But I figured it'd be better to leave her be since she hated me..." 

 

"Don't worry." I smiled and patted her head gently. "She'll be fine." 

 

"I-I hope..." She adjusted her glasses with pink cheeks. Just then, we heard a bunch of whistling and wooing.

 

"What's that?" I looked over and saw the guys forming a crowd near Krystal's tent. "Idiots. Don't they get bored?" I said frowning. I felt uneasy all of a sudden. 

 

"Amber..." Jessica called out softly.

 

"Yes?" 

 

"I-it's nothing." She stood up. "I better go look for Key and Ailee." With that said, she walked away.

 

"Stupid." I jumped when someone kicked the chair I am sitting on. I turned to look at her but then my eyes widened. "What's with you boys giving me the same exact look today." She ran a hand through her hair. She looks breathtakingly beautiful...

 

"Because you're incredibly hot today!" Luna exclaimed. Krystal rolled her eyes. 

 

"I am hot everyday, do you all not understand?" She said with full of confidence.

 

"I know... but you're.... how do I say? It's like you turned more beautiful overnight." Luna tried to explain.

 

"Are you trying to say that I looked ugly yesterday?" Krystal glared at Luna.

 

"No!" Luna shook her head vigorously.

 

"What she's trying to say is," Krystal turned her attention to me. " you look especially gorgeous today. " Her face turned tomato red in a second and she tried to hide it by lowering her head.

 

"Oh, is that so?" She mumbled.

 

"That's exactly what I said just now." Luna complained.

 

"Oh, shut up." Sulli dragged Luna away, leaving me alone with Krystal. Well, not exactly alone. There are still the other boys behind ogling over her. 

 

"Uhm," she started, her cheeks still red. "Thanks, for last night."

 

"W-welcome."

 

"......"

 

"......" 

 

Okay, things are getting incredibly awkward between us. I was about to open my mouth and say something but JYP beat me to it.

 

"You guys, why aren't you doing your wor-" He froze when he saw Krystal's face. He recovered after a few seconds though. "Get to work." He cleared his throat.

 

"Yes sir." We said in unison.

 

 

........

 

 

Things are starting to irritate me more and more as time passed. I chewed on my fish and narrowed my eyes as one of the guys tried to touch Krystal. 

 

"Hello? Look at me please." I tore my gaze away and looked at Yuri. She is having this smug grin on her face.

 

"What?" I glanced at Krystal's direction with the corner of my eyes.

 

"Oh my God Amber, you're so crazy in love." Yuri forced me to look at her by pinching my thigh.

 

"Ouch, what was that for?" I glared at her.

 

"You're obviously going GaGa over that girl." She shook her head. "Well, who wouldn't? " She looked over to Krystal's direction with a dreamy face. I felt annoyed and gripped her face with my hand before forcing her to look at me. "Woah, I won't hit on your girl." She raised both her hands in a defensive manner. 

 

"I-I... thats not what I mean!" I snapped.

 

"Right." She said sarcastically. This little er... "Don't you think she kind of changed?" Yuri asked while examining Krystal.

 

"She does look exceptionally beautiful today." I said, admiring her beauty. Beautiful is definitely not enough to describe her beauty. She could be the most gorgeous looking woman in this planet with that face of hers.

 

"There is more to it. How to say? It’s like she has become more appealing, more attractive..." I rolled my eyes at her.

 

"Isn't that the same?"

 

"It’s hard to explain to someone stupid like you." She messed up my hair and I glared at her.

 

"Uhm." Both of us lifted our heads to look at Jessica. She looked at us, her face flustered, and her glasses falling slightly down her nose.

 

"C-can I join you guys?" She asked nervously. Yuri chuckled while eyeing her amusedly.

 

"Of course." I grinned and gestured her to sit next to me.

 

"Thanks." She smiled and adjusted her glasses. 

 

"Jessica is it?" Yuri asked out of the blue. I raised a brow at her.

 

"We've been here for so long and you don't even know her name?" I looked at her in disbelief.

 

"Well, we never actually had a conversation before." Yuri explained with a shrug.

 

"Yes, I am Jessica." Jessica said quietly, her head hanging a bit low. 

 

"I'm Yuri by the way." Yuri extended a hand which Jessica took and shook it lightly. I smiled at their friendly encounter. Must be nice to have new friends.

 

Through my peripheral vision, I saw Krystal crossing her legs while fanning herself. Her long silky hair was pulled into a ponytail, looking incredibly y with her neck revealing. I realized I was already staring at her so I shook my head violently. Stop thinking about her Amber, what is wrong with you these days. Revenge, remember your revenge plan. I noticed Yuri and Jessica were eyeing me the whole time. 

 

"What?" Yuri was smirking while Jessica was simply staring at me blankly. 

 

"Nothing loverboy, continue checking out your girl please." I felt my face heating up as I slapped her arm. 

 

"W-what a-are you t-talking about? I'm not c-checking out K-kryatal." I stuttered. Yuri's smirk became even more annoying.

 

"So you're indirectly admitting Krystal is your girl?" I slapped my face in distress as Yuri burst out laughing.

 

"U-uhm, I h-have to go." Jessica stood up and left in a blink of eye.

 

"What's wrong with her?" I knitted my brows in confusion. Yuri eyed me weirdly while shaking her head.

 

"Pimp." 

 

"Ha?"

 

.............

 

"Is that so?" A young man said calmly over the phone. "I understand." He ended the call and placed his phone on the desk before leaning his back against the chair. "Siwon."

 

"Yes master." Siwon who was seated in front of him looked at his master seriously. 

 

"Inform the others to keep a close watch at our little demon." His master said firmly. A tone he used when something is up.

 

"Is there something wrong with her?" Siwon asked worriedly.  

 

"First stage." The man said simply and Siwon frowned. 

 

"That's fast." 

 

"I'll have to inform Mrs. Jung for a change of plan." Siwon nodded before excusing himself.