Chapter seven

✔Revenge, ✘not love

“Who’s there!?” My heart froze on the spot as I covered my mouth with both my hands. I took a glance at her and saw her glaring at my direction. And it’s not just any glare, it’s the scariest glare I’ve ever seen in my life! “Whoever you are, you better show yourself this instance!!” I gulped down my saliva countless of times, while clasping my hands together praying to have a peaceful death.

I have three options:

1.Show up and apologize, secret exposed, revenge plan failed miserably, and probably get killed by that scary .

2.Run away, , since my clothes are under the tree beside her. If get caught, secret exposed, revenge plan failed and die in embarrassment.  

3.Get to her back so she wouldn’t see my face, threaten her. Blindfold her and tie her somewhere, before running away. If failed, secret exposed, revenge plan failed and die in a painful death. 

Neither of the options I came up with seemed safe, but the third one has a higher chance to survive though… diving into the water, I swam to her direction while remained underwater. Of course she noticed me approaching her, but I doubt she can verify my gender since the lake water is getting darker thanks to the evening sky. I heard her faint yelling while she splashed the water violently.

When I got close enough, I pulled her leg and she slipped backwards, into the water, her eyes shut close while she struggled a bit. Using this chance, I slipped behind her and pulled her back up the surface and we both gasped for air. I caught both her hands with my right hand and pressed my left hand on to shut her up. 

“I won’t hurt you if you cooperate with me.” I said beside her ear while grinning at my success. “Ouch!” I screamed in pain when she bit my hand, harshly. I quickly released my hand from and she completely caught me off guard when she back kicked my stomach. I stumbled backwards into the water holding on my stomach.    

Still underwater, I saw her swam passed me to the shore. what am I supposed to do? I need to breath in oxygen. But if I do, she’ll know who I am. Either way I’m gonna die… I raised my head up to the surface and panted. I looked at Krystal Jung, who by the way is now fully dressed, standing at the shoreline with her arms crossed while sending me deathly glares. She looked like she wanted to tear me into pieces and fed my remaining to the dogs.

“You’re one of the guys from the camp.” She uttered flatly while boring her eyes into my flesh. Well, at least my secret isn’t exposed yet.            

“Let me explain, I was cleaning myself here and you just came and I went to hide and then there was this huge spider…” 

“You mother effking ert.” She gritted her teeth in anger.

“Wait seriously, I didn’t see anything.” Maybe just a little… “And it isn’t entirely my fault! You’re the one who striped yourself . And besides, I was here earlier than you…”

“Shut up!” She screamed. “You could’ve stopped me before I took off my clothes. But you didn’t! Because you clearly wanted to see my perfect body!! You’re a ing manwhore!” Who does she think she is? She thinks every guy wants to see her body? Well, maybe but definitely not me! Wait, I’m not a guy… Arghh, whatever!

“You know what? I don’t! I don’t want to see your body. You think you’re so perfect? Oh pls, you’re such conceited !” I huffed and chuckled sarcastically. She snorted in rage and clenched her fist so hard I can see her knuckles turning white.   

“I’m going to call the police, and you’re going to prison for the rest of your life!” Ha, as if that’s going to scare me. I’m a girl. I won’t be arrested for seeing another girl .

“I would like to see you try. JYp said that the signal here is non-existent.” She clicked her tongue and glared at me again before walking away. “That’s right, walk away . Go ahead and tell everyone. Cause in the end I’m sure you’ll be the one who’s embarrassed.” She stopped on her tracks and gave me one last deathly glare, which worked since I’m literary peeing in the lake, before stomping off. “Help, someone saw me bathing in the lake .” I mocked loudly.

After making sure that is nowhere to be found, I climbed up and dressed up. I’m supposed to make Krystal Jung fall for me, yet I’m making her hate me to the point she’ll have to strangle me to death. Great, my revenge plan is ruined.

…..

By the time I walked back to the campsite, everyone, well except for Krystal Jung, oh and JYp, are seated in a circle around the campfire.

“Hey where were you?” An annoying guy, which I think his name is Key, asked annoyingly. He shifted a little and patted the space next to him. Reluctantly, I sat next to him which earnedarrow-10x10.png me a bright smile from him. “I didn’t see you cleaning, where were you?”

“I did my cleaning a little further from you guys.” 

“Oh I know, you don’t like people seeing your body.” He giggled. “Anyway, your girlfriend was looking for you.” Girlfriend? When the hell did I get a girlfriend? He then pointed to Yuri, who’s eyeing me with a smirk, as if telling ‘so you’re not dead huh?’ I ignored her and turned my attention back to Key, who’s playing with his strands of hair.

“Why are we sitting here by the way?”

“JYp said we’re going to cook dinner ourselves. Most of us didn’t know how to, so he said he will teach us later and asked us to sit here and wait before he went to the queen’s tent.”

“Queen?” I looked at amused, with a brow raised. I know clearly who he’s talking about, but I’m just curious by the way he calls her.

“Krystal Jung, the super duper hot girl. Well she’s a queen in everyone’s eyes. She basically has everything. Attention, looks, wealth, education, you named it!”

“Wow,” I chuckled a bit. “You like her very much don’t you.”       

“I don’t swing that way cutie. I just envied her and all the attention she gets from the guys.” He winked at me and quickly adverted my gaze to the violent flames of the campfire. Arkward. JYp returned with a seemingly victorious grin plastered on his face. Behind him stood a girl looking as if someone had just stole her candy. Crossing her arms on her chest, she approached the circle with an annoyed and unhappy face. Her annoyed face soon turned into a furious one when her eyes met mine. If glaring can kill then I’m sure I would have already been death the moment those cat liked eyes laid on me.  

“Okay guys and girls, get up on your feet, we’ll start cooking now. We’ll be cooking in a group. Everyone has to do their jobs, slacking off means no food for you. The rule applies to each one of you, no exceptions.” He looked at the girl beside him and smiled a mocking smile. I chuckled a bit but stopped immediately when the girl glared at me once more.  

JYp devided us into groups of four, each group have their own jobs to do. Key and a girl named Ailey are in my group. And surprisingly Jessica Jung, that ’s sister, is also in our group. I learned that she’s really shy and polite, the exact opposite of Krystal.  I wonder if Jessica has taken all of the polite genes when she was in her mother’s belly, leaving the y and conceited genes for her little sister…

Our groups are in charge of cutting, which is bad since I don’t know how to use knifes on food. My sister Jackie, is usually the one who helps my mother with the cooking, whilst I’ll help my dad with the house chores. While struggling to cut the onions into decent shapes, Jessica noticed and approached me. She tapped my shoulder lightly, and taught me the right ways to cut the onions.

“Wow, you’re good.” I was certainly shocked. She’s a Jung, which means she’s multi rich. Why would she bother learning how to cook when there are people serving her with famous chef’s cooking? 

“Thanks.” She said softly while pushing the frame of her glasses up.

“I’m Amber by the way, nice meeting you Jessica.” I smiled at her. She looked at me as if I’m some kind of criminal before sighing.

“You don’t have to be nice to me. I can’t help you with courting Krystal.” She said and hung her head down.    

“I’m not being nice to you for any benefits; I just want to be friends.” I grabbed her hand without her permission and shook it lightly. She retrieved her hand from mine quickly before turning around. I think I saw a shade of pink on her face before she turned around and jogged away. Okay, that was weird.

Shrugging, I returned to cutting the onions. I quickly glanced at a certain annoyed girl who’s peeling the potato skin with a peeler while sitting on a portable camp chair right in front of me. She probably noticed me looking at her because she lifted her head and looked at me from head to toe, before giving me a bored look, as if saying I don’t worth a thing.

Feeling insulted and a little unhappy, I flicked some onion slices to her direction and one landed right on her face. Goal. Throwing the potato in her hands, she jolted out of her seat and glared at me. I faked a confused look and tilted me head.

“Is there something wrong?” I asked innocently.

“What is this?” She asked rather calmly and held a slice of onion right in front of me.

“Uhm, an onion slice?”

“And how the hell did it landed on me face?”

“It did? I’m sorry, I guessed I might have just accidentally….”  

“I’m warning you, don’t push me off my limit.” She said coldly, sending chills down my spine. “I can make your life a living hell, if I want.” Okay, I admit I might be a little afraid right now... Heck, I’m very much terrified! But I gotta keep my pride up so I acted tough and shrugged. She threw the piece of onion slice at me before stomping off somewhere. I let out the breath I didn’t notice I’ve kept and swallowed the lump in my throat.

“Wow, that was intense.” Yuri startled me when she suddenly approached and rested her arm on my shoulder. “You certainly do not look like you’re making her fall for you,” She chuckled. “In fact, it seems like she despised you.”

“I guess my plan is down to the drain…”

“Well, you never know what’ll happen. Keep going, I’m rooting for you.” Yuri gave me a pat before going back to watching the fire.

  

“How is it possible for her to fall for me when I’m probably in her blacklist now?”