Epilogue

✔Revenge, ✘not love

A beautiful tanned woman was sitting at a cafe sipping on her cup of coffee. She tapped her fingers on the table, enjoying the quiet and peaceful environment.

Her view was blocked by a figure standing in front of her a few minutes later. A huge smile grew on the woman's face as she put down the coffee and stood to hug the latter tightly. And the latter was me.

"Ow Yuri, you're crushing me!" I joked patting her shoulder ushering her to break the hug because it was darn embarrassing. There were only a few customers in the cafe and they were all looking at us amusedly.

"Oh shoosh boo, you're young and strong. Can't you let an old lady give you a hug?" Yuri released me from the bear hug and pouted adorably. I chuckled before ruffling her hair. She slapped my hand away from her head and scowled. "Wow." Yuri said right after I sat down on the chair across her. "You'll really never grow old  huh?" 

"What do you think?" I rolled my eyes at her rethorical question. Yuri and Jessica found out about the whole deal after that incident 25 years ago. They were reluctant to believe it at first, even when Krystal's mother herself was telling them the truth. I could never forget their hilarious reaction when Krystal displayed her fangs and wings that night.

"I guess." I shrugged nonchalantly at her question. 

"So," She took a sip of her coffee before setting it down and looked at me seriously. "Where have you been for the past fifteen years?" 

"There was a huge vampire attack in LA, we were sent there to take care of it." I chuckled nervously. "Krystal took care of it with a blink of her eye, but we thought it would be good to spend our honeymoon there, you know." I scratched my head and  grinned. "We stayed for a little."

"A little?" Yuri snapped and slammed her palm of the table. The little commotion caused the people in the cafe to look at us. "For you fifteen years seemed to be a little, but for me and Sica it felt like we've waited forever. We thought you two were done, killed by vampires or hunters of whatever for all I care." She said, anger and worry evident in her eyes. 

"I...W-we're sorry." I looked down at my hands on my lap and apologized guiltily. I heard her heaving out a deep sigh before a hard smack was felt on my head. "Ow! What was that for?" I exclaimed, holding my head and looking at her in confusion.

"For making us worry." She said nonchalantly before sticking out her tongue. This girl never grows old inside.

"Anyways, how's your brother doing?" She asked, the anger in her vanished within a minute. Incredible mood swing.

"Oh, that little dino head? He and Siwon were happily married in LA. They moved back here right after the wedding though. They are still hunting down vampires at who knows where." I shrugged. "How about you? You have a daughter right?" I remembered before we departed to LA, Jessica was pregnant with a daughter. I wonder how she's doing now.

"She's in high school now. The one we attended back then, Mars high." I smiled reminiscing back when we were in high school. I dropped out right after the incident and left my foster parents' home. Me and Krystal lived in a condominium sponsored by the Vampire hunter organization for 5 years before we moved to LA.  

"Speaking of high school," I rested my chin of my palm and tapped my cheek with my index finger. "I wonder what happened to Zhoumi that idiotic ex of mine." The one who brought me and Krystal together. The one who made me discover my true self and family. To be honest, I felt fortunate be dumped by the jerk, thus lead to the happy life I had today.

"Zhoumi? I heard from our classmate during a high school reunion gathering that his wife cheated on him or something. Who knows?" She shrugged.

"Well, that serves him right if it's true." I smirked mischievously.

Yuri's phone rang, she picked up and escused herself for a minute or two. When she came back she was sweating buckets. 

"Hey I got to go. My wifey found out about the whole deal 17 years back from your wife." She pointed an accusing finger at me. "You two promised you won't tell her that I touched the stripper's in that bar didn't you?!"

Oh that. 17 years ago, Yuri brought Krystal and I to a strip bar when Jessica was away for a business trip. And boy, was it an interesting night. I guess my princes's digging up the past to get Yuri into trouble. 

"I wonder what happened to that shy introvert Jessica I once knew of." I mumbled under my breath as I watched Jessica (minus the nerdy glasses and braids) pulling Yuri's ear. 

Things changed over the years. People changed. The place changed. But something never changes.

"Princess, what have you done to my best friend." I hugged Krystal from behind and whispered huskily into her ear. She giggled and spun around, snaking her arm around my neck. She pecked by lips and rested her head on my chest while the violent beatings from Jessica to Yuri were happening right beside us. But at this moment, it was only us in our own world.

"Seobang!!!!" But it was very hard to ignore the dolphin scream from Jesscia so we broke the hug and stopped Jessica from throwing that lamp at Yuri.

 

-......-....-...-.....-.....-....-......-

 

So dear readers, I have squeezed an epilogue out of the small brain of mine as per your request. So, happy or not please comment and let me know your thoughts and opinion.

This is the last chap and I'm grateful that you are reading this. Thank you very much, you guys are the best.

Okie, Imma take a beauty nap now.

Ciao.