Chapter twelve

✔Revenge, ✘not love

 

I am currently trapped in one dark filthy hole that goes about 15 feet below the ground with the person I hate. Can things get any worse? I desperately tried to climb up the rocky wall, but never once I did it without sliding back down. I kicked the wall in frustration. Krystal Jung is seating at one corner, hugging her knees while being... not so Krystally.... she looks devastated and vulnerable, so different from her usual arrogant and conceited behaviour. The cuff around our wrist broke into half when we fell down into this hole. Who knew it could be broken so easily. 

"Hey." I called out. "You okay?"

"......" No reply.

"Krystal is a ."

"......" Okay, this is bad.

"There's a rat beside you." She stood up in a blink on an eye and jumped on me, her legs wrapped around my waist tightly while she screamed like a maniac. Okay, maybe I’ve gone overboard. My ears felt like they've lost their function. "I'm just kidding, there is no rat." I said quickly. She stopped screaming but remained clinging onto me.

"Really?" She asked skeptically.

"Yes." She released me almost immediately and began punching my arm. 

"Stupid stupid!!" Tears flowing down her eyes as she kicked and punched me like I'm some punching bag.

"Okay, I'm sorry I'm sorry." She didn't stop punching me until I pulled her into my arms.

"What are you doing!! Let go of me!" She said while trying to push me away. I tightened my arms around her waist, feeling her body warmth enveloping me. What the hell am I doing? I just felt the need to protect her after seeing her so weak and vulnerable... “If you promise you won't hit me then I’ll let you go." I felt her quieting down for a moment before something hit me hard on my crotch. The air in my lungs emptied in an instant as I fell on the floor while clutching my groin. I looked at that Krystal incredulously.

"That's for you trying to molest me when I'm at my lowest. Jerk." She stuck her tongue out at me. Amazing mood swing. One moment she's at the corner looking like a lost puppy and now she's being showing the side of hers.

"You're unbelievable." I shook my head at her. 

......

We've been in this hole for who knows how long. The sky is getting darker and the air is getting chilly. I blew air into my palms and rubbed them together, trying to create some warmness through the friction. Will someone come and save us? I don't want to die here with Krystal Jung. I looked over at the latter and found her hugging herself while trembling. No Amber, don't do it. Do not do it. As if my body is rejecting my brain, I ended up wrapping my arms around Krystal 's shoulder.

"W-what are you doing? Do you want me to knee you in the groin again." Her teeth chattered as she threatened me.

"I'm trying to warm you up here." I said.

"I-I'm not c-cold." She retorted stubbornly.

"Okay, whatever you say princess. I am the one who's cold. So please warm me up."

"F-fine, only because I'm.being nice here." I snickered and pulled her closer to me. I felt her snaking her arms around my waist hesitantly. My heart started beating at an abnormal speed and my face felt warmer despite the cold atmosphere. Weird. She surprised me by resting her head on my chest while snuggling closer to me. My heart skipped a beat and my breath hitched. What is happening to me? Why am I feeling overly nervous at this moment? And what the hell is these fluttering thingy I’m feeling in my stomach?

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard light snores. I glanced down and saw Krysta Lung sleeping soundly in my arms. A smile unconsciously crept on my face as I observed the sleeping beauty. She looks kinda cute in this harmless state. I tugged a strand of her hair behind her ears and leaned over to peck her forehead…. Wait! What the hell am I actually doing?!  Why did I kiss this little bratty devil here?!  I must have gone crazy because of this filthy little hole. Sleep! That is exactly what I need to do to get these weird thoughts out of my head. I squeezed my eyes shut and listened to the sound of the cold breeze as  I drifted off to dreamland.

 

……..

 

I woke up with a start by some rustling sound above. A pair of eyes met mine when I opened my eyes. We stared into each other's eyes before a voice broke us out of our trance.

"Krystal! Amber! Are you out there?" A familiar voice echoed in the hole.

"Oh my God, there's someone up there!" Krystal Jung exclaimed excitedly. Only when we broke our eye contact did I notice that we're still cuddling into each other. I quickly release her and she stood up immediately and looked away from me. "We're here!!" She shouted at the top of her lungs. We heard footsteps above us a moment later before we looked at each other while grinning ear to ear.

"We're saved!" We cheered in unison and embraced each other in a tight hug. When we realized what we're doing, we released each other immediately. She stared at the floor while I looked anywhere but her. Awkward.

A few minutes later, a rope was down and JYP came down seconds later to our rescue. One by one we climbed up through the rope and with JYP's help. I can't stop thinking about what happened earlier and yesterday night. Most importantly, I can't stop thinking about her.

 

Something is wrong with me.