Chapter twenty-two

✔Revenge, ✘not love

 

"Kris." Donghae called out to an army of people in front of him. A man in his thirties stepped out from the crowd.

"Yes, sir?" 

"Lead your squat to this area and standby. We'll call if we need backup." Donghae pointed at a certain part on the map and Kris nodded firmly. "The other squats, prepare your weapons." Donghae said loud enough for a crowd of at least hundred young men and women to listen. 

"Yes sir!" The crowd said in unison.

 

 

I sat still while burying my face into my palms. It's been more than half an hour since I've been locked up in this room. I can hear some faint metal and crashing sound, I wonder what's going on out there. A few moments later, I heard a loud thud. I jumped up to my feet and tried approaching the door, but the chains on my feet prevented me to do so. 

"JYP!!" I heard Sulli's muffled scream and my heart started pounding against my chest. What's going on on the other side of the door? "Ahh!!!" I teared up when I heard Sulli's screaming in pain. No! I collapsed on the floor and shivered in fear. I jumped when the door banged loudly. There was a pause before the metal door broke open by an incredible force. I watched in fascination as a beautiful woman stood proudly at the door way. I backed away in a corner as the woman approached me.

"My mistake to have startled you, your Highness." She said, bowing a great 90 degrees. I stared at her with a deep frown as she walked to my direction and crouched down. She took a hold of the chains around my feet and by merely clenching her fist, she broke the chains into pieces. 

My jaw probably touched the floor as she grabbed my hand and threw me onto her back like I'm a bag of sack. My head was spinning at all direction as she began running at her supernatural pace. She stopped abruptly, causing me to fall off her shoulder and landed on the floor with a loud thud. 

"Ouch!" i yelped in pain and rubbed the bump on my head. After a few seconds, I felt the pain fading away and the bump diasapeared before I knew it. 

"Quite impressive." I lifted my head and saw Siwon and the woman glaring at each other face to face. "You managed to sneak in the house." I realized we were at the living room of the house. The door to freedom was only a few feet away from me. I stood up quietly and tip toed to the door. "But you're not going anywhere."

"Oh yeah?" The woman snickered. "What can a weak human like you do to a high rank vampire like me?" 

"We'll see." In a swift movement, Siwon pulled out a dagger from his back and stabbed the woman's belly. The woman yelped in shock and stumbled backwards. 

I took the chance and ran to the door. I opened the door hastily and my heart leaped and my eyes widened at the sight in front of me. There are hundreds of people, fighting amongst each other without mercy. The dinner I ate just now threatened to escape from my throat as I witnessed a man sinking his teeth into a girl's neck, before ripping her flesh apart. I watched in horror as the girl screamed in pain, before stabbing the man in the eye.

I covered my mouth to stop myself from throwing up. I have to run. I have to escape before eitheir side catches me. The hunters will kill me. I don't even know what the vampires will do to me. Everything seemed scary at the moment.  

I forced my trembling legs to work and I ran into the woods, away from the gruesome fight engaging right at the moment. 

"The queen!" I shivered in fear when I heard someone shouted. "She escaped into the woods! Get her!" It wasn't long before I heard multiple footsteps trailing close behind me. At this rate, I'll be captured within minutes. 

"Please." I muttered under my breath. I don't want to die. Not today, not here. As if my wish had been granted, I felt a sudden surge of energy running through me. In that moment, i felt as if my world had gone on a slow motion. The trees are swaying unusually slow. The footsteps sounded slower. The air felt heavier. 

My body felt a hundred times lighter.

Before I knew what was going on, my feet picked up an unusual speed and I sprinted across the woods. My heart pounded wildly against my chest in excitement. it felt incredible. Within seconds, our campsite was within my sight. I stopped running and panted heavily. My lungs recovered completely after a second and I walked quietly to the boys' camp.

 

Amber's pov

 

I couldn't sleep. There was an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach I just couldn't get rid of. Sighing softly, I stood up quietly and sneaked out of the tent to get some fresh air. I looked over at my princess's tent. I wonder if she's okay now...she seemed like she was in pain just now. 

Feeling worried, I walked to her tent and ped it softly. I poked my head into her tent and took a peek. I frowned when I found her bed empty. Where is she? Maybe she went for a walk? Pee maybe? 

I zipped her tent back and walked around the shore and breathed in the night chilly air. I hugged myself and stared up to the sky. Maybe I should tell my princess about everything. The revenge plan. My gender. Everything about me. She'll still love me the same, right? 

I groaned in frustration and sat on the sand, while gazing up to the dark sky. But Krystal is straight as pole... wait, aren't I straight as pole before too? 

"Ugh, this is so frustrating." I said quietly to myself. "I'll tell her the truth tomorrow." I promised myself. 

"Amber?" I jolted in shock when I heard someone calling out for me from behind. I turned over my shoulder and squinted my eyes through the dark.

"Is that you? Krystal?" With that said, she appeared right.beside me in a blink of an eye. I gasped in shock as she hugged me tightly. "W-woah, what's wrong." I asked while patting her back softly. 

"Amber." She pulled away and stared at me intensely. I gulped under her intense gaze. Without warning, she pulled me by the collar of my shirt and crashed her lips on mine.  My eyes widened in surprise at her sudden action. Her lips stayed on mine for a while before she broke the kiss and stared at me. Her eyes glistened with tears and I frowned 

"Whats wrong?" I asked worriedly while caressing her cheeks. 

"Amber." She looked at me in the eyes. "Do you love me?"

"Yes." I answered without hesitation. "Yes I love you princess." A tear fell down from her eyes and I wiped it away with my thumb.

"Even if I'm a monster?" 

"Well, of course." I frowned at her odd question. "Why are you asking these?"

"Amber, will you escape with me?" 

"What?" I knitted my brows. 

"Run away with me, Amber." She said, her hands gripping on mine tightly. I winced slightly at her grip.

"What is going on?" I realized there is something serious going on. "Tell me." She ttrembled and tears began flowing freely down her cheeks.

"Amber I'm a monster." She sobbed and rested her head on my chest. "T-they w-will kill me." I grabbed her shoulder and made her look at me directly.

"What are you talking about? Who's trying to kill you?" This doesn't make sense at all. What is she trying to say?

"Amber, I... I'm a vampire." The was a long pause, before I cracked and started laughing. Krystal turned and eyed me with a brow raised. "Why... are you laughing?" I gave her a thumbs up while clutching my stomach.

"You're good at this Krys. i never knew you had these humour in you." I stopped laughing immediately when the temperature around me dropped drastically. I gulped  the huge lump in my throat as Krystal glared at me. "I-I'm sorry Krys. Please tell me what's going on." i said worrily and squeezed her hand.

 

"Forget it!" She said and stood hastily. "I will explain to you later. Amber, are you willing to run away with me?" She looked at me with eyes full of hope and love. Even though I don't know what she was blabbering about, I nodded my head nonetheless.She gave me the most sincere smile I've ever seen from her, before she pulled me up on my feet and dragged me somewhere.

"Where are we going?" I asked as we ran along the beach for quite sometime now.

"A boat  I heard they came with a boat. The boat must be somewhere around." I heard her muttered under her breath.

"Who came with a boat?" I arched by brow in pure confusion. "Krystal, I'm really confused. Please tell me what is happening."

"Please Amber, I'll tell you everything later. If you really love me, please don't doubt my action." With that said, I shut my mouth and let her drag me to wherever she wanted to go.

After a few minutes of desperately running we came across a huge boat parked near a deck. We approached the boat quietly. Krystal took a peak into the boat through the window before singing in relief.

"It's empty." She smiled a bit before her smile dropped. "Amber, do you know how to drive a boat?" 

"Uhm, no." She frowned and ran a hand through her hair in frustration.

"Ugh, I.don't care!" She hissed. "It won't be that hard. Lets get in the boat Am." 

"Woah, wait.it's illegal." I grabbed her hand and stared at her disaprovingly.

"Shut up, this boat is one of our family's property." She yanked us towards the deck.

"I guess that makes sense, but Krys, you're not planning to run away are you? Thats too dangerous. " She halted her steps and her heels so fast I almost fell on my .

"Amber!!! Can you stop giving comments with every ing move I'm making!!!" She shrilled, her iris turning an odd goldish colour as she snapped harshly at me. I stood frozen while staring at her nervously. "Now shut the up and come the with me!!! Before those ing maniac caught up to us!!!" She held my hand so hard I felt the blood rushing back towards my heart. Just as we were about to step into the ship, faint voices were heard. I squinted my eyes at the direction of the noises and saw a hoard of people sprinting to our direction. 

 

What the actual hell is going on?

 

"Who are those people?" I asked, while watching in complete and utter horror at the people screaming and running, some were even killing each other on their way. 

"Oh !! t!!!" Krystal cursed and started to panic. "You don't know how to use the boat, neither do I. We don't have time to risk." 

"Krystal, what the hell is going on??" I grabbed both side of her shoulders to calm her down a bit.

"They are here for me!! T-they're going to kill me." Krystal's lips quivered and she burst out in tears. I knew this isn't some kind of joke anymore, this is something serious. Putting my arm around her waist in a protective manner, I guided her as we ran back into the woods. Footsteps behind us were getting closer and louder and I started to panic. , they're fast!! 

"What are you doing?!" I raised an eyebrow at Krystal in frustration as she stopped running all of a sudden and crouched down. 

"Get on my back Amber, we can't make it at this speeed." i looked at her incredulously. "Don't ask and please just believe me." She literaly begged and I hestitated before climbing onto her back carefully. "Hold on tight." Was the last thing i heard before my vision started spinning at all direction. I blinked a few times, trying to register what is actually happening. Then I realized. I realized I'm on Krystal's back, and she is sprinting across the woods with the speed of lightning. That was when something clicked in my head....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She is a ing vampire?!??!