Soccer.

This isn't a Korean Drama.

 

Dongho sat on a bench near his mother’s car, right beside the huge tree that had a perfect view of the field. He rubbed the back of his neck and sighed, watching the lit up field.

“I cant believe she’s here.” He mumbled once memories of seeing Saeli had entered his mind. He rolled his eyes and pulled out his phone, reading a message from Kevin.

Dongho-ah, you’re working tomorrow right?

Dongho shook his head and placed his phone back in his pocket as he chuckled. Even though Kevin knew that Dongho would work every Saturdays, he would always send him a text every Friday night for some odd reason. When he asked why Kevin did this, Kevin shrugged and said “I’m just making sure.”
Eventually Dongho had found out that Kevin did this even to the others.

Once Dongho leaned against the chair, something in the field had caught his eyes. Someone was playing soccer, kicking the ball around and kicking it into the goal. He narrowed his eyes, trying to figure out who the figure belonged to. But once he saw the batman t-shirt he opened his mouth out of shock and chuckled.

Saeli was juggling the ball from one leg to the other and just as she was about to kick it into the goal, she was shocked that someone had stolen the ball from her. She looked at the figure and widened her eyes. He rolled up the sleeves of his gray shirt and looked at her with a teasing smirk.

“You play soccer?” He asked

“I play a lot of sports.” She scoffed “Give the ball back.”

“Steal it.” Dongho started running towards the other goal, kicking the ball around with him.

“Is he serious?” Saeli said as she rolled her eyes and ran after him.

After a few minutes of playing soccer, Dongho had given up and sat down on the grass watching Saeli juggle the ball. He breathed out a deep breath and rubbed the back of his neck, shocked that she hadn’t even grown tired from they’re game.

“What are you?” Dongho scoffed “A cyborg?”

“No.” Saeli kicked the ball towards the goal and smiled at him “Just healthy.”
She sat beside him on the grass and stretched her arms as she looked at the dark sky.

Dongho looked at her skeptically and nodded “Cyborg…”

“YAA.” She scoffed and looked at him “I said I’m ju—“

“Yeah Yeah Yeah.” Dongho placed his hand over and rolled his eyes. Saeli on the other hand growled and grabbed his wrist, but she seemed to have lost her balance with her other hand and ended up landing back first on the ground. Dongho stumbled down with her and widened his eyes once he saw the distance between their faces.

“Man your heavy.” Saeli groaned.

“That means I’m healthy.” Dongho balanced himself on his hands.

“Nah….” Saeli smiled and pressed his cheeks together “Your fat cheeks tell me other wise.”

“YAA!” Dongho scowled “I’m not fat.”

“Drama boy.” Saeli whispered “I cant feel my legs….”

Dongho widened his eyes and looked at her “Wh-what?”

“I can—cant feel my legs.” Saeli gulped “Cause your so…FAT!”

“YAA!” Dongho screamed as he got off of her “Take that back!”

Saeli laughed as she shook her head and placed her hands on her stomach “No way, you should’ve seen you’re face.”

“BAEK SAELI!” Dongho roared “I swear! You really get under my skin.”

“Good.” Saeli stood up and smiled “I like it that way.”

Dongho’s eye twitched at her comment and he was just about to explode when he heard a familiar song play. Saeli pulled out her phone and nodded “The meetings over.” She muttered and stood up. Saeli looked at Dongho who had a visible frown on his face which made her smile and roll her eyes.

“So drama boy.” She mumbled “If I can annoy you like crazy just by words…..” She leaned down towards him and smiled “I wonder what this will do to you.”
She had suddenly pecked him on the cheek, shocking Dongho. Saeli laughed and waved at him as she jogged away towards the building.
Dongho on the other grabbed his cheek where she had once placed her lips on and widened his eyes. He whipped his head back and found Saeli at the school doors, and at the perfect moment, she turned to him and stuck her tongue out.
Dongho gulped down the lump stuck in his throat and looked away.

“She—She just kissed me.”