Sports week.

This isn't a Korean Drama.

 

The café was packed with people again, 80% of them were women who tried to flirt with the café workers, making Dongho growl inwardly. A group of high school girls took too long to take their order and kept pestering him, asking if he wanted to eat with them.

He walked back towards the counter and frowned as he set the tray down.

“You okay?” Kevin laughed

“Desperate women are the worse.” Dongho shuddered and took another tray of food making Kevin chuckle.

“Hey Maknae, isn’t it your sports week next week?” Kibum asked as he set down a tray of food on another table.

“Oh.” Dongho nodded “So I might not be here as much since I have baseball.”

“Owaaa.” One girl beamed “Oppa is so hot, he plays baseball.”

“What school does he go to? Maybe we can watch him play!” Another one agreed.

Dongho clicked his tongue as he set down their tray of food and gave the girls a cold glare, only making them smile and wave at him.

“Did you tell Xander Hyung?” Eli asked as he walked pass Dongho.

“Yup.” Dongho nodded “He even wants to visit me.”

“I’m coming too!” Hoon beamed

“Its settled, we’ll all be visiting!” Kiseop muttered.

Dongho simply smiled and nodded as he walked back to the counter and grabbed another tray.

 

The next day, Saeli had walked into the campus and was immediately greeted by a bouquet of roses. She snapped her head to the side and saw one of the wacky students in her history class named Baro.

“For the pretty lady.” He smiled.

“No thanks.” Saeli muttered and walked pass him, only to be greeted by another group of boys with boxes of chocolate and love letters.

“Are you guys really not going to give up?!” She whined and messed her hair.

They all shook their heads and smiled at her happily, making Saeli roll her eyes and try to walk pass them again but they instantly blocked her way and shoved the gifts closer to her face.

“SARANGHEEEE!!!!” They all screamed in unison.

Saeli couldn’t help but laugh at how they planned to be that idiotic in front of her. She covered and took a step away from them and forced herself not to smile.

“Okay.” She sighed and dropped her hand “Since I’m in a good mood today, I wont run away from you.”

“SO WILL YOU DATE ME?!” They all screamed in unison again.

Saeli chuckled as she shook her head and waved her hands “No way.”

They all pouted and stomped their feet.
Saeli cleared and opened up her hands and nodded “I wont be mean today, so I’ll accept your gifts.”

“CHINCHA?!” They all screamed happily, making Saeli nod and smile.

“GOMAWO!” They said and started handing her the gifts they had prepared. Finally happy that what they bought didn’t go to waste.

“But what’s with the change of heart?” One boy asked.

“Like I said.” Saeli spat “I’m gonna be nice FOR TODAY”

They nodded and some of them even gave her hugs, making Saeli growl and shake them off her.
“I WILL JUST ACCEPT GIFTS. NO SKINSHIP!”

 

“Oppa~~” One girl had grabbed Dongho’s arm and batted her eyelashes at him “Are you free—“

“I’m expensive.” Dongho muttered as he shook her hand off him.

Chunji smiled and patted Dongho’s shoulder as they both walked away.

“That was a corny joke.” Chunji said.

“Who said I was joking?” Dongho arched an eyebrow and smiled at his blonde haired friend.

Chunji immediately stopped on his tracks when he saw the shuffling feet of a girl behind a large pile of gifts. Dongho bobbed his head to the side as he looked at the figure.

“Need any help?” Chunji called out.

“No thanks, my lockers right here.” The person answered and suddenly dropped everything she was holding. She blew her bangs out of her face and turned her head to the side, only to be greeted by the shocked faces of Dongho and Chunji.

“Saeli?” Chunji bobbed his head to the side “You accepted the gifts?”

“I was being nice today.” Saeli shrugged.

“You know that means they’ll just annoy you more right?” Dongho scoffed

“You’re one to talk Mr. Heartless, no matter what you do the girls just giggle at you!” Saeli spat.

“We—Well its because…” Dongho scowled at her once he realized he couldn’t think of a worthy come back. He tugged on his bag and walked away from her, his frown never leaving his face.

Chunji stared at Saeli who started pushing the gifts into her locker while she muttered curses for things being too big. He then snapped his head back and found Dongho walking away as he messed his hair angrily.

These two should seriously be best friends.

He smiled and started running after Dongho, but not forgetting to give Saeli a small glance, making the smile on his face grow wider.

 

One week had eventually passed and the school was as hectic as ever. It was the first day of sports week and all of the clubs were running around, trying to organize their selves and the members.
Saeli squished herself through the crowd of soccer players who were collecting their new jerseys that they would be using on their first game.

“Wahhh.” Saeli mumbled and looked at Jiyeon “Everybody’s crazy.”

Jiyeon nodded and smiled “Its because the other schools will be coming here later too. For the competition.”

“Ahhh.” Saeli nodded and swayed her bag in the air happily. She then bobbed her head to the side once she saw Taemin running towards the soccer team.

“YAA I’m number 5.” The redhead screamed.

“He’s in the soccer team?” Saeli asked

“Soccer team and dance club.” Jiyeon chuckled “Taemin’s multi-talented but really lazy when it comes to his grades.”

Saeli smiled as she looked back at Taemin who wore his jersey over the uniform with a huge grin on his face.

“This looks awesome!” He beamed then turned around, only to find Saeli staring at him.

“A—Anneyeong.” Taemin chuckled and waved.

Saeli and Jiyeon waved back and continued walking away.

“So, are you ready for the cheering?” Jiyeon asked

“I guess so.” Saeli nodded “We do it this morning right?”

“Yup, right after the announcements.” Jiyeon said “Let’s get changed?”

 

Dongho had parked his bike right outside the school building and grabbed his sports bag as he slowly made his way towards the building. He looked around and rolled his eyes when he saw everyone running around like they always did at this time of the year.

He walked down the hall, getting a few waves from the girls on the volleyball team making him roll his eyes and continue walking away.

“Dongho-ah.” Taemin threw his hands over the shorter boy and smiled “How does my jersey look?”

“You’re wearing it over your uniform.” Dongho pointed out the obvious “So…you look stupid.”

“YAA!” Taemin growled, tightening his grip on Dongho’s neck.
Dongho simply laughed and pushed Taemin off him. At the end of the hall, he found Chunji talking to one of the tennis players with a smile.

“Since when had Chunji been into tennis?” Taemin asked

“I think they’re just having a normal conversation.” Dongho muttered

“Whatever, let’s just grab him and head onto the field. They said that after the announcement, the cheering squad will be giving a small performance.” Taemin beamed.

“So?” Dongho arched an eyebrow, making Taemin click his tongue as he scowled

“THEY’RE CHEER LEADERS!” Taemin reasoned out, not even giving the full detail on why they just HAD to watch the performance.

 

 

Chunji , Taemin and Dongho dropped their bags on the ground as they sat down on the bleachers, staring at the stage where they’re principal and student president were standing, trying to calm down the students.

“I wonder what schools are coming today.” Chunji said

“Probably just the same as last year.” Taemin answered

“I have no idea why our school holds the competition area.” Dongho spat “Everybody comes here and it gets too crowded.”

“Cause we’re the only one with the huge fields, DUH.” Taemin pointed out making Dongho growl and look away.

“Okay…settle down everyone.” The student president mumbled into the microphone.

“SHUT UP!” The Principal screamed once he could no longer take the loud noise, and eventually the whole student body was all silent. The announcements had finally begun and soon enough, Taemin, Dongho and Chunji droned out. They had started talking about the soccer team’s game and how Taemin wanted their full support. They also discussed how the baseball team’s first game will be after lunch and that they wanted Taemin to shut up and avoid screaming like a crazy maniac. It took some convincing, but eventually the red head had agreed to it.

“Okay, so as promised, the cheerleading squad will be giving you a small performance today.” The student President mumbled into the microphone. The students were once again silent and fixated their eyes onto the stage as they waited patiently.

“They’re getting on the stage!” Taemin beamed, followed by a few boys who cheered happily.

Dongho rolled his eyes and looked back at the students wearing the yellow and blue cheer leading uniforms and sighed.

Once they had got into formation, music started and after a few moments three girls had suddenly done cart wheels, followed by 2 boys who did back flips in the air while the girls behind them suddenly separated and out of the blue a short haired girl had ran out and did a double cart wheel and landed with a split. The crowd roared making Chunji and Dongho arch their eyebrows at why all the boys had lost their minds.

“I—Its Saeli.” Taemin stuttered and pointed at the stage “SAELI!”