Hit her head.

This isn't a Korean Drama.

 

Saeli was seated between two large book racks in the library with a smile on her face as she listened to the silence which she had be longing for all day. She leaned against one book rack and let her fingers graze through the book on her lap, not even bothering to read what was written on it.

Little did she know that on the other side of the same book rack, Dongho had propped his bag on the floor and sighed happily as he sat down on the floor. He had just finished a baseball game and was tired at the fact that he was almost mobbed by a group of his fans again.

But just as the two people were enjoying the silence, a loud alarm rang through the building making them widen their eyes and snap their heads up where water had started spraying from the ceiling.

“Fire alarm.” Dongho muttered as he grabbed his bag and scrambled off the floor.

Once Saeli had felt the cold water drip across her face she cussed under her breath and stood up, ready to jog towards the door. Just as she was about to make her way towards the door she bumped into another figure who slipped because of the wet floor, sending both of them tumbling towards the ground.

Saeli had hit her head against the hard floor, making her groan and slowly lose consciousness. Dongho groaned out of pain as his back slammed against the floor. He turned to his side and growled when he saw the familiar figure.

“Are you ing everywhere?” He spat and stood up, ready to walk out the library door. He turned towards Saeli and bobbed his head to the side when he saw she hadn’t moved an inch from her position. He widened his eyes and dropped his bag on the floor as he knelt beside her. He shook her arm and called out her name a couple of times but Saeli still didn’t respond.

Dongho put his hands behind her back and lifted her head towards him, he tapped her cheek gently and called out to her again, hoping she would wake up and be fine. But once he had called out to her more than 20 times, he knew she wasn’t fine at all. He cursed under his breath and carried her into his arms as he stood up and carefully jogged out of the large room, making sure he wouldn’t slip with her in his arms.

“Hang in there okay?” He whispered “Don’t give up okay? I’ll make sure you’ll be fine.”

He stared down at Saeli’s closed eyes and unresponsive face, making his heart beat unbearably fast. He prayed silently that she would be alright and that nothing would happen to her. Once he was out of the building, he was greeted by a crowd of students who stared at them wide eyed.

“WHAT HAPPENED?!” A teacher screamed as she ran towards them.

“I think she slipped and hit her head, did you guys call an ambulance?” Dongho asked

“We haven’t…” The teacher answered “SOMEONE CALL AN—“

“ITS TOO LATE NOW.” Dongho hissed and started jogging again; ignoring the pain his arms were getting from carrying Saeli. The nearest hospital was simply two blocks away from the school and if he ran as fast as he could, he could have Saeli there within the next 5 minutes.

His feet hurt, his back was still pain because of his fall, he was heavy from all the water that had seeped into his clothes, his arms were sore but it didn’t matter. His heart and gut was forcing him to run without caring any less about himself. All that was important right now was the unconscious girl in his arms.

Once he was inside the hospital, people snapped their heads back too look at him. And when the nurses laid their eyes on Saeli, they all jogged their way towards him.

“What happened?” A nurse asked.

“She hit her head during a fire alarm in our school; I haven’t gotten any response from her since.” Dongho mumbled as a male nurse took her from his arms and laid Saeli on one of their beds.

Dongho jogged right beside Saeli’s moving bed which was being pushed by 3 nurses who were talking in terms he couldn’t quite understand. His heart beat was unbearably fast and he felt like he would throw up any time soon, but nothing mattered. They entered two sliding doors and a female nurse held Dongho back.

“I’m sorry but you cant go in there.” She said “You’re girlfriend is going to get a scan and we will try and see her vitals, but we will keep you updated.”

Dongho stared at Saeli’s bed which was rolling farther from his sight; he then turned back towards the nurse and sighed “She’ll be okay right?”

“She fell and lost her consciousness, she’ll be fine. We’ll just take some scans and tell you about it later.” She smiled and walked away, making Dongho pace around and breathe out a shaky breath.

Be okay annoying girl. Be okay.