The school crush.

This isn't a Korean Drama.

 

Saeli walked into her classroom and sat down with a scowl on her face. She needed that book but her mortal enemy has it in his hands and she cant get a hold of it now.

“Saeli.” Jiyeon pouted “What can I do???”

Saeli looked at her depressed friend and softened “What happened?”

“Our Cheer squad!” Jiyeon cried “Why did Eunkyung have to break her leg? How are we gonna do the cheering now?”

“Maybe someone will try out soon?” Saeli said “When are you guys cheering anyway?”

“Next month.”Jiyeon sniffled “The newbies wont try out anytime soon, they’re still scared and I don’t think I can find anyone good that fast.”

“Ofcourse you can.” Saeli stood up and patted Jiyeon’s back “Cheering is easy right? A few back flips and splits, it isn’t that hard!”

“What do you mean it isn’t hard?” Jiyeon raised an eyebrow “Can you do it?”

“Yeah.” Saeli shrugged and suddenly did a split on the floor, and with one swift movement she was back on her feet.

“How about a cart wheel?” Jiyeon asked

“Dude, I could do that when I was 5” Saeli laughed.

And with that statement Jiyeon’s eyes beamed as she placed her hands together. Saeli arched an eyebrow, but once she realized why her friend had switched moods, she shook her head and waved her hands frantically “Jiyeon..No. No Jiyeon I don’t—“

“Pleeaaasssssseeeeeeeeeeeeee?” Jiyeon whined “I need you Saeli!”

“But I—“ Saeli faltered when Jiyeon gave her the puppy dog eyes and pouted. She forced herself to look away but the small sniffles Jiyeon was giving made her heart sink.

“Please Saeli.” Jiyeon mumbled “For me?”

Saeli gritted her teeth, knowing she should have a better fighting spirit, but she couldn’t take the guilt anymore and ended up nodding.

“CHINCHA?!” Jiyeon screamed and stood up; grabbing Saeli into a bear hug “YOU’RE THE BEST!”

“Don’t—Don’t Kill me!” Saeli stuttered “Let me breathe!”

 

 

AJ, Eli and Kibum were talking to 4 foreign girls that had walked into the café, asking for the best thing in the menu. The girls giggled at a small joke Eli had said, making Dongho roll his eyes and continue wiping the tables. The café wasn’t busy yet, since it had just opened but they’re were already a few people.

“Just take a seat and I’ll send one of our waiters to give you the food.” AJ grinned

The 4 girls nodded and made their way towards the closest table, as they smiled and giggled happily. Dongho looked at them and easily grew uninterested. One of the girls wore too much make up, making her look like a clown in his eyes. The other girl on the other hand, wore such a revealing tank top that Dongho thought it was a bra at first. The two other girls wore skirts that exposed their legs, trying to attract anyone they would pass.

“I know you hate those type of girls Dongho-ah…” Xander chuckled “But the look of disgust on your face even offends me.”

Dongho snapped his head back and looked at the eldest with a smile “Mian Hyung.”

“I’m fine with it.” Xander smiled “I just pity those girls.”

Dongho shrugged “They shouldn’t go around looking like that, it’s not nice to look at.”

“Tell me this maknae.” Xander sat down on a chair and looked at Dongho “Whats your ideal type?”

Dongho paused for a while and tried to rack his brain, but he didn’t seem to find any answers. He arched an eyebrow and rubbed his neck awkwardly “I kinda don’t know Hyung.”

Xander smiled and nodded “I thought so.”

“Am I weird Hyung?” Dongho asked “Is it weird not to have an ideal type? Like you having Lee Hyori as your ideal type?”

“What—When did I say she was my ideal type?” Xander looked at the younger boy wide eyed, but ended up waving his hands “No, you’re not weird. You just haven’t found that girl that would open up your idea to an ideal type.”

“I don’t think such a girl exists” Dongho smiled.

 

 

Once Monday had arrived, Saeli walked into the school and was greeted by a few smiles. She smiled back and held her book closer to her chest, as she made her way to her locker.

“Saeli-ah!” Someone screamed just as Saeli had reached her locker door. She snapped her head back and found Suzy running towards her with a huge grin.

“What’s up?” Saeli arched an eyebrow “Why are you so happy?”

“I heard something….” Suzy giggled “Something about you…”

“What is it?” Saeli asked, clearly not interested.

“I don’t know if I should tell you…” Suzy mumbled.

“Then you shouldn’t have mentioned it in the first place.” Saeli said as she placed in the code to her locker.

“Fine, I’ll tell you.” Suzy beamed “I found out that some boys in the school have—“
Just as Suzy was going to finish her sentence, Saeli had finally opened her locker and immediately the things over flowing it, fell out. Stuffed bears, pink envelopes and chocolates were sprawled on the floor, revealing themselves to the world.

“—a crush on you…” Suzy finished.

“no way…” Saeli mumbled and started picking up everything on the floor “Suzy help me hide these! Or throw them! Whatever.”

Suzy bent down and helped her pick up the confessions she had gotten.
“This is so cute.” Suzy giggled “I guess they really do have big crushes on you.”

“Why the heck would they like me?!” I hissed “I dont even know anyone here yet.”

Suzy shrugged and smiled “Probably cause you’re the first girl that dislikes the oh so mysterious kingka of this school.”

“Drama boy?” Saeli muttered as she threw some letters into the garbage can “Who would like him?”

“99.99 % of the female students in this school.” She said “you’re the 00.01% that doesn’t like him”

Saeli rolled her eyes and slammed her locker door shut as she tossed her bag over her shoulder.
“This school is kinda nuts.”

“No.” Suzy shook her head “You just see things differently.”

“I see things the way they should be seen!”

 

Dongho was in their homeroom classroom with Chunji and Taemin, talking about Taemin’s funny experience with one of his Sunbae’s, Onew who was known as a chicken addicted guy.

“Then he threatened he’d eat my Pikachu if I didn’t go with him to KFC” Taemin shuddered “My poor Pikachu.”

Chunji chuckled and Dongho smiled while rolling his eyes.

“She arrived at school already!” One boy in the classroom screamed “She must’ve opened her locker already.”

Chunji arched an eyebrow and looked at Taemin “Who arrived and whats this about her locker?”

Taemin shrugged and grabbed a random guys arms “Who are you talking about?”

“Baek Saeli.” The guy shrugged his arm off Taemin “The new girl.”

“What about her?” Dongho suddenly blurted out, taking the guy aback. This was the first time Dongho had ever spoken to him.

“She—She’s the new school crush.” The guy said.

“It’s no longer queenka Krystal?” Chunji sounded amused

The guy shook his head and walked away, making his way towards the door, where he joined the other boys waiting for Saeli to come in.

Dongho scoffed and shook his head “Is everyone going crazy? They like that crazy girl?!”

“Hey..” Taemin defended “She isn’t so bad.”

“Yeah.” Chunji nodded “She is kinda cute.”

“She IS really cute!” Taemin said “And these dummies don’t know a thing or two about winning a girls heart. They’ll just freak her out by stocking her locker with love letters and by waiting for her to mob her or something”

”So are you planning to win her heart too?” Chunji asked

Dongho coughed out of disgust and shook his head “That’s stupid Taem.”

“No it isn’t.” Taemin scoffed “None of those guys stand a chance anyway.”

“Then what makes you so sure you stand a chance?” Dongho muttered “You guys don’t even talk to each other.”

“Dongho got you there.” Chunji nodded “You haven’t even spoken one word to her.”

“I have a mouth and plenty of time.” Taemin huffed “I’m just finding the right moment.”

Dongho rolled his eyes while Chunji just laughed and shook his head.

 

Saeli walked into the classroom, boy crowding around her screaming out questions that she couldn’t quite make out. She used her math book to push them back, once she started feeling claustrophobic.

“Can you let me pass?” She said, but none of them could hear her plea because of their constant questions.

“YAA!” Someone behind the boys screamed, silencing the whole class. Saeli snapped her head up at her savior and saw a redheaded boy pushing away the crowd of boys, growling at some of them who kept pushing their selves onto her.

“Is that how you guys treat a girl you like?” Taemin snapped “You trample her?”

All the boys who were attacking Saeli scrambled off to theirs seat, their heads hung low so not to catch the eyes of a pissed off Taemin.

Saeli let out a satisfied breath and looked at Taemin “Thanks.”

Dongho widened his eyes and turned to Saeli who smiled and waved at Taemin “You’re Tae—Taemin right?”

Taemin nodded and pointed at himself “Yeah..Taemin.”

“Some girls talk a lot about you.” She said “I hear you’re a great dancer. Show me you’re moves sometime.”
She walked pass Taemin and made her way towards her seat and propped her book down. Once she saw some boys looking at her, she clicked her tongue and they all immediately looked away. Taemin stared at her in awe as he walked back to his own seat.

“Snap out of it Taem!” Chunji chuckled

“She knows me.” Taemin whispered and pumped a fist in the air “We’re friends now!”

“You’re a disgrace.” Dongho spat and looked away.