Cookies for Forgiveness

This isn't a Korean Drama.

 

The next day, Saeli was seated with Jiyeon and Suzy during lunch, discussing about Suzy’s trip to Japan during last summer. Jiyeon smiled once Suzy had discussed how she embarrassed herself by falling in front of a group of boys.

Saeli on the other hand had her eyes wandering the cafeteria. Her eyes then landed on Dongho who had walked in with Taemin and Chunji. He had his hands in his pockets as he listened half heartedly to what Chunji was telling them.

And out of no where, Dongho had suddenly turned his head and locked eyes with Saeli. She stared at him blankly for a few moments but simply looked back at Suzy, as if she hadn’t even seen him there at all.

Dongho chewed on his lower lip and forcefully tore away from looking at her and made his way to where the food was.

 

 

“I’ll be right back guys.” Taemin muttered and ran away from the two boys. Chunji arched an eyebrow and looked at Dongho who shrugged and turned around, only to find Taemin walking towards Suzy, Jiyeon and Saeli’s table.

Once Saeli caught sight of him, she smiled and waved at him. Taemin ended up smiling back as he placed his hands in his pockets as he mumbled something to Saeli who nodded and stood. She had walked by his side as they made they’re way towards the desert corner.

Saeli smiled happily as she listened to Taemin tell her something. Taemin bit his lower lip, happy that he had made her smile like that. All the boys inside the cafeteria stared at them, the boys envying Taemin for being so comfortable with the girl they had grown a fascination with while the girls envied Saeli who had made their Taemin Oppa blush.

Dongho gripped his tray tightly and rolled his eyes “Is Taemin such an Idiot?”

Chunji looked at Dongho and shrugged “You know he has a thing for her…”

“Why her? Of all the girls.” Dongho clicked his tongue “Taemin…Pabo.”

 

Once school was over, Saeli was about to walk out the school gates when she found Dongho getting on his bike. He threw his bag over his back and placed his earphones in his ears and was about to drive away but once he felt the presence staring at him, he snapped his head back, locking eyes with Saeli.

Saeli blew her bangs out of her face and tugged on her bag as she tore away from his gaze. She had finally started walking away again when a bike had suddenly stopped infront of her.
He chewed his lower lip awkwardly and looked at Saeli with sad eyes.

 

 

Saeli shifted awkwardly in her seat as 8 boys stared at her from behind the counter. Dongho on the other hand scowled at his Hyung’s as he put on his name tag. The older males simply smiled happily at him as they watched him make his way towards the girl sitting alone.

Dongho had placed a cookie infront of Saeli, making her eyes widened as she looked at him.
“What’s this?”

Dongho rubbed his hands awkwardly and looked away from her; he cleared his throat and mumbled something that was inaudible to hear.

“Bwo?” Saeli furrowed her eyebrows and looked at him “I didn’t understand.”

Dongho cleared his throat and sighed “I said I was sorry.”

Saeli widened her eyes at what he had said “You—You’re what?”

“Yaa.”Dongho whined “I know you heard me.”

Saeli looked away from him and smiled once she saw the cookie laid out in front of her. She uncontrollably reached for it and held it in her hands.

“Chocolate chip?” She asked

“Yeah.” Dongho nodded “I didn’t think you’d be an oatmeal type of person.”

“Why not?” Saeli took a bite out of the cookie and looked up at him “Oatmeal’s fine.”

“Chocolate chip is enough.” Dongho scoffed.

Saeli smiled in response and nodded “I am a chocolate chip type of person.”

Dongho’s lips curved into a small smile, but he quickly brushed it away and cleared his throat “So….do you forgive me or not?”

Saeli stood up from her chair and crossed her arms over her chest as she eyed him quietly “Don’t think I’ll let you go that easily drama boy..”

“Ah jinja?!” Dongho scoffed “Do you know how hard it is for me to say those wor—“

Saeli had raised her hand, signaling him to stop. She took one step closer to him and nodded “I get it, you’re forgiven for now. But that doesn’t mean I like you.”

Dongho scoffed and smirked “I wasn’t thinking about that.”

Saeli nodded “OK.” She had grabbed what was left of the cookie and threw her bag over her back as she looked at him “See you at school then drama boy.” She walked out of the café, making the older boys whine at how boring the get together was.

Dongho on the other hand, couldn’t stop the smile that appeared on his as he watched her leave.
“Annoying girl.”