When she comes back.

This isn't a Korean Drama.

 

 

“…the tests came out okay…..just need some rest….arent you going home…” Saeli’s eyes slowly fluttered open. She looked around the dark room she was in and arched an eyebrow as she saw the white sheets wrapped around her. Was this heaven? It couldn’t be. If it was heaven it would be bright and welcoming. But this place just seemed sad and depressing. She let her eyes scan around the room, only to land on a boy who stood beside the door, his back against her as he spoke silently to a nurse who smiled at him and walked away.

The boy sighed heavily as he turned around making Saeli snap her eyes shut, pretending to be asleep. She listened silently to any of his possible movements, trying to find a hint as to where he could be standing at the exact moment.

“If your tests came out okay.” He breathed as he dragged the chair beside her bed and stared at her face “Why aren’t you waking up yet?”

Why was he still here anyways? When Saeli had opened her eyes and seen the darkness, she knew it was late at night. She didn’t know how long she had been asleep, but she knew that Dongho had been waiting here the whole time since he was still in his school uniform. But the question that kept running through her mind was…Why is he still here?

Dongho sighed sadly as he gently wrapped his hand around hers making Saeli stiffen which resulted into her squeezing his hand. Once Dongho had felt the pressure, he widened his eyes and leaned closer to her.

“You—Your awake?” He asked “Your awake, right?”

Saeli slowly opened her eyes and gently nodded her head, waiting for Dongho to yell at her for faking that she was asleep. But instead, Dongho had squeezed her hand tighter as he smiled, shocking her.

“How do you feel?” He asked “Any pain?”

Saeli shook her head “I’m fine.”
She was fine but her heart suddenly felt like it was slamming against the walls of her chest, begging to come out and scream to the world.

Once Dongho realized what he was holding and that he was actually grazing his thumb over the back of her hand, he snapped out of his trance and quickly let her go as he sat up straight on his chair.
“Th—That’s good.” He hummed. He stood up and rubbed his neck awkwardly as he looked around the room.

“So..I guess I should be going.” He said “You’re moms just down stairs fixing you’re the payments; I think my mom’s already looking for me too.”

“Drama boy..” Saeli breathed and smiled “Thanks.”

Dongho looked at her for a few seconds and felt his heart doing unexplainable flips. He bowed quickly and grabbed his bag off the chair as he jogged out the room. Once he was outside the door, his hand flew to his chest.

“No—No way..” He breathed “I—I think I like her.”

 

 

After 1 day

 

Saeli walked into the school, tugging on her bag as she watched the people around her either getting ready to watch the final baseball game or stare at her. She decided to ignore them as she walked pass each and every one of them without bothering to give them a second look.

“SAELI-AH!!!!!!!!” She heard a familiar voice, making her snap her head towards the main doors of the school where Suzy and Jiyeon stood. She waved at them warmly, making Suzy run towards her without thinking twice.

She engulfed Saeli in a bear hug that made the latter groan at Suzy’s death grip.

“Su—Suzy…Let me breathe.” Saeli coughed, making Suzy gasp as she stepped away from her friend.

“Sorry.” Suzy smiled.

“Are you OK?” Jiyeon came jogging towards them “Yaa, Suzy she just came from the hospital!”

“I forgot!” Suzy sheepishly admitted as she smiled “I just missed her.”

Saeli chuckled and waved her friends off “I’m fine, I missed you guys too. But I was only gone for a day and a half.”

“Still, you missed a lot. Them Taemin won the championships. And we’re performing our cheer dance tonight. Can you handle it?” Jiyeon asked

“Duh.” Saeli answered with a smirk “I’m not that weak.”

“Your back!” Someone poked Saeli’s stomach making her snap her head back only to be greeted by a smiling red head.

“Congratulations!” Saeli beamed and hugged him “I wasn’t able to watch, but I heard you won.”

Taemin chuckled nervously as he scratched his hair, trying to decide if he should hug her back or not. Saeli pulled away from him and smiled as she looked at his blushing face.

“Th—Thanks.” He answered and bit his lower lip.

“WOAH!” Another voice approached them, making Saeli turn to the side where she saw Chunji walking towards them. She smiled and waved at him but stopped midway when she saw Dongho slowly walking behind him, his hands in his pockets as he stared at the ground.

He puffed his cheeks out and lifted his head, only to lock eyes with Saeli who smiled and waved at him. He stopped on his tracks and immediately felt his chest explode from just looking at her smile. But his view was suddenly blocked when Chunji wrapped his arms around Saeli.

She chuckled lightly as she patted his back “Hey Chunji.”

“You’re finally alright!” Chunji beamed “We were so worried about you.”

“I’m fine.” Saeli smiled “I really owe it all to that freak over there.”

Everyone snapped their heads back and found Dongho glaring at the ground, making them chuckle at the sight of him.

“So, are you going to watch the basketball game?” Chunji asked.

Saeli puffed her cheeks out and shook her head “I need to practice some of my routines, so I won’t really be hanging out with you guys today.”

“Why not?” Taemin frowned “You’re already so awesome at what you do.”

Saeli smiled and gently patted the redhead’s arm “I’ll be going now. Bye!”
She waved at all of them and threw her bag over her back as she walked into the school doors, making Suzy and Jiyeon frown in disappointment.

Dongho arched his eyebrows as he nibbled on his lower lip. Chunji shrugged and turned to his friend, only to see that Dongho had started walking away.

“Yaa Dongho-ah, where are you going??” He screamed out.

“I’m not watching the basketball game, you guys go ahead.” Dongho waved them off as he walked into the school doors and his lower lip.

“Stressing yourself just as you comeback from the hospital. Pabo.”