Definition Of Normal

This isn't a Korean Drama.

 

“Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh.” Saeli screamed as she ran down the street, clutching onto her backpack.
She had woken up 10 minutes later than usual, and now had to run just to reach the bus stop on time. What made things worse was this was her first day in her new school, and she knew that being late would be bad on her record.

“MY BUS!” She screeched once she saw the large yellow car, parked on the bus stop as students started entering it.

“DDOOONNNNNTTT LLEEAAAVVVVEEEE!” She threw her hands in the air, trying to get the attention of anyone who could stop the bus. Her eyes then immediately widened when she saw the doors of the bus close and it started driving away.

“No….NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!” She screamed, stopping on her tracks and jumping up and down. But it was useless. She knew that it was already too late. She heaved out an annoyed sigh and placed her hands on her knees as she tried regaining her breathing. She needed as much strength as she could get, since it would be decided she would be walking her way too school.

 

Dongho on the other hand had just finish adjusting his school tie as he exited the door and grabbed his bike from the garage.
“Do you have money for lunch Honey?” His mother yelled through the window.

“De.” He nodded and smiled at her “See you when I get home later!”

He got on his bike and started making his way to school. He pedaled pass big trees and old Korean houses. A yellow bus had passed him and the girls inside it had immediately perked up at the site of Dongho riding his bike.

“Dongho Oppa!” One girl screamed gaining his attention. Dongho turned to the bus and the girls instantly giggled and waved at him happily.

Dongho just shook his head and gently stopped biking, letting the bus pass by before him. Once the girls were out of sight, he continued his pedaling in peace as he hummed a silent tune.

Once he had arrived at school, the warning bell had just rung and people were already running inside the building. Dongho had chained his bike into a safe spot and fixed his hair for a few seconds before walking towards the main doors of the school.

“YAAAAAAAAAAAAA!” He heard someone scream behind him, but before he could turn around, she had pushed him away and started running towards the main doors before the teachers would stand on guard and wait for the late comers.

Dongho, totally startled that he was pushed by a random girl, balled his hands into fists and called after her. She turned around with a scowl on her face and looked at him.

“What?” She hissed

Dongho widened his eyes at her anger at him, but controlled his manners and simply arched an eyebrow at her. “Do you not know how to say excuse me?”

“Well I’m sorry if I’m already frigin late on my first day that I had to ruin your grand entrance.” Saeli growled then clicked her tongue “Boys these days…always feeling like they’re so superior.”
She then looked back at him with mocking eyes “Are you in a drama or something, why the heck do you need a grand entrance?”

“Who said I needed a grand entrance?” Dongho snapped “I was just walking to—“

Saeli raised her hand “I don’t care if you’ll have this sappy love story with the nerdy but actually totally good looking nerd in this school. But I’m just wasting my time. I need to get to class. BYE DRAMA BOY!”
She ran into the building and Dongho looked at the empty doors with a bewildered expression.

*That—That girl. AISH! So annoying!*

He shook his head and tugged on his bag as he entered the school doors and was greeted by an empty hall. Just the way he liked it. No girls running around screaming his name every 5 seconds, No idiotic boys being erts and making dumb jokes.
He walked towards his locker and opened it, making a bunch of pink envelopes fall onto the ground. He sighed in irritation and quickly grabbed all the love letters and shoved it into his bag as he grabbed his math book. He shut the locker door with a loud bang and proceeded to his first class. Homeroom.

 

Saeli on the other hand had ran pass classrooms where students were goofing off, waiting for their specific teachers to arrive. Once she spotted the administration room, she smiled happily and lightly knocked on the door and slowly went in.
She was instantly greeted by a small chubby woman who was buried behind piles of papers.

“Baek Saeli?” The woman asked and Saeli nodded in agreement.

“Ah.” The woman nodded and started messing around through all the papers laid out on her desk “I have your schedule somewhere here. I saw it just a while ago.” As she pushed papers out of the way, a piece of paper fell on the floor and Saeli was kind enough to pick it up, only to see her name written on the sheet of paper.

“I think this is it Maam.” Saeli waved the paper in her hands and the woman looked up and smiled

“Well, there you go!” She chuckled “Now, everyone has homeroom for their first class. Lets see which class your in then.”

Saeli handed her the paper and the woman wore her glasses and scanned through the paper. She tapped it twice with her index finger then smiled
“Class E4” She said “Come on, I’ll take you to the room.”

 

Dongho dropped his bag on the floor and sat down on his seat, quickly opening his math book to review some of the notes.

“Yaa.” Someone whispered behind him, but Dongho decided to simply ignore him.

“YAA!” The calling got louder and eventually Dongho got hit by a piece of paper on the head. Annoyed, he turned around and was greeted by Taemin who glared at him.

“Dude.” Taemin hissed “I know you like ignoring some people when your not in the mood, but I’m your frigin friend! And when I call you, you better damn look at me.”

Dongho smirked and shook his head “You waste my time just like each and everyone of them Taem.”

“Do you want to die?” Taemin growled “Say that again and you’ll die.”

Dongho chuckled lightly at his wacky friend and waved him off “Let me review a bit.”

“It’s the start of the school year.” Chunji, the boy beside Dongho said “What’s there to review?”

Dongho turned to his other friend with a shrug “Theres nothing better to do anyway.”

“Then talk to us!” Taemin barked “Stop being such a robot.”

Chunji slammed Dongho’s book close and chuckled at their redheaded friend.
“Relax for a while.”

Dongho shook his head and let out a small chuckle, but just as he was about to show his happiness, 3 girls had stood infront of him, with malicious smiles.

“Oppa~~” One crooned, making Dongho cringe at her nasal voice. He studied the 3 of them for a few moments and immediately looked away, annoyed at how they had caked their faces with make up.

“Oppa, did you receive our letters?” The one wearing a pink head band batted her eyelashes at him, making Taemin and Chunji snicker as they looked at Dongho’s blunt expression.

“No.” Dongho shook his head “I don’t waste my time reading those. Do you want them back?”

“Aniyo Oppa..” One of the girls giggled “Those are for you, you should really read them.” She playfully hit his shoulder.

“Yeah Dongho, stop reading your math book and read those letters instead.” Taemin smirked, earning a glare from Dongho.
But that didn’t falter the red head, he simply stuck his tongue out and started laughing.

And right on time, the teacher had entered their classroom, sending students rushing into theirs seats.

“Home Room, how lovely seeing your….annoying faces this early in the morning.” The male teacher sighed and shook his head “And guess what…we’re going to have a new student before us.”

Whispers filled the room and Chunji clicked his tongue “Stop being so over dramatic.”

The class silenced and Chunji smiled approvingly. Taemin then leaned closer to Dongho and poked him. Dongho angled his head towards his friend who smiled
“I hope it’s a pretty girl.”

“That’s all you ever hope for.” Dongho answered

“No…” Taemin defended “I wanted it to be banana milk, but that just seems down right impossible.”

“Banana milk would be an absolutely better classmate.” Dongho agreed and looked back at their teacher who had opened the door.

“Step in.” He told who ever was outside and Dongho suddenly widened his eyes when he was greeted by the same girl he saw earlier.

She wore their school uniform which had fitted her perfectly and her hair had stopped a few inches above her shoulders, revealing her heart shaped face. Bundles of her hair were tied up into a small pony tail, making it look like she was an apple with a small stem. Her cheeks were naturally rosy and her face looked silky smooth.

“Her….” Dongho sat straight from his chair and looked at her intently. Chunji arched an eyebrow at his friend and poked him.

“You know her?” He asked

Dongho nodded “She was this crazy girl I bumped into earlier. She was blabbing about being late and me having grand entrances.”

Taemin nodded “For some reason you do like having grand entrances.”

Dongho snapped his head back and glared at him “No I don’t.”

Taemin chuckled “Do you not notice how slow you walk when your alone?”

Dongho scoffed then looked at Chunji who nodded with a small smile.
“You are kinda slow.”

Dongho waved his friends off then looked back at the girl who had given her slip to the homeroom teacher, then once again faced the class.

“Hi everyone, my names Baek Saeli. I transferred here from Gwangju, where I lived for 6 months. Please treat me well.” Saeli bowed happily and surprisingly the class smiled.

“Awwww, she’s adorable.” Some of the girls chorused as they watched Saeli take the seat, 2 seats behind Chunji.

“She’s cute.” Taemin nodded “Wonder if she has a boyfriend.”

“Doubt it.” Dongho followed Saeli intently and scoffed “With that attitude? Yeah right.”

“She seems fine.” Chunji shrugged “Maybe she was just having troubles a while ago.”

“So she screams at random people she doesn’t even know?” Dongho looked away from her and rolled his eyes “Yeah, that’s seems totally normal.”