t w o

Cheating Hearts

 

 

“I think you’re having a tachycardia attack.”

“What?! Come on Suho, don’t give that scientific words I cannot understand at all.” Donghae said as he talks with their room-mate Suho. He’s sitting on his bed which is adjacent to Suhos’ study table.  “Can you tell me a normalized word to explain why I felt that earlier? Should I consult a physician? Am I dying?”

Suho momentarily looked at Lee Donghae and arranged his reading glasses. He sighed and taps his shoulder. “A normal adult hearts beat it is 60-100 beats per minute—“

“Cut it Mr. Medical student Suho. I am asking you a question and please, answer it using a layman’s term. I’m not involved in medical field because I am literally in the field.”

“What did you do before feeling that sudden fast beating of your heart?”  Suho asked.

“I was talking to a friend of mine and—“

“Before that?”

“Well, we sort of walked few meters since 12:30—“

“Well, that’s just a normal physiological response since you two were walking. Don’t exaggerate things Donghae.” Suho said. “When was the last time you practiced for you track and field?”

“Three months ago.”

“Then, it’s an indication that you should practice now. Semestral break is through.”

Donghae just sighed and stare at the ceiling- trying to convince him that he should agree on to Suhos’ diagnosis. His classes were through since it’s still not on the crucial part of the semester and he’s now stuck with his room-mate Suho. Suho is a medical student and he’s just silent most of the time. Donghae ang Jiyong met Suho during their second year college since Suho is a freshman at that time.

Jiyong is still not around, even if it’s already 7PM which is not unusual because Jiyong usually go home early in the morning, literally Donghae wonder Jiyongs’ whereabouts but an idea of Jiyong and Kiko kissing immediately flash on his thoughts. Well, he’s maybe making-up all the lost time with Kiko… he thought.

Donghae still wonder why he’s being friends with Jiyong all this time. Jiyong is a total jerk, player, , man- and the entire negative words you could imagine to someone. Beyond those innocent face he wears is a dragon-like guy who plays every woman’s heart. But even if he’s being like that he’s still his brother from another parent. Jiyong is his only best-friend who accepts him even if he was once a jerk too.

Donghae suddenly get-up on his bed and change his shirt. An idea came on his mind and he want to see the person who came to his thought immediately. He grabs his jacket and gave Suho a glance, who’s still engrossed to the medical book he’s reading since he came back. He’s really a nerd... He thought. “I’ll be out for awhile. Wanna come?”

“Where?”

“Eat dinner.”

Suho just shook his head. “I still have 3 chapters to read.”

Donghae raised his eyebrows as he watches his room-mate fix his glasses and drank his tea. “You sure? You haven’t eaten dinner yet Suho-ssi. Studies show that a person who studies a lot should eat a lot because you’re using your head and your body at the same time.”

Suho just gave him a small smile. Even if they aren’t that close, Donghae still manages to be a kind-hearted room-mate to him. “Neh. But please buy me a tea when you come back.”

Donghae just nod and went out. But as soon as he closes the door he immediately opens it and said, “Get a life Suho.”

“Pabo.” Suho said, while throwing a scratch paper he used awhile ago.

Donghae just smirked. “Seriously, get a life man. Have with girls or your college life will be as boring as a documentary report.”

Suho just laughed when Donghae went out of the room. Donghae was walking outside when he grabs his phone and dialed a specific person he wants to see. “Hello? Sandara?” he said.

 

On the other line, Sandara was shocked upon realizing that Lee Donghae is calling her. “Donghae?” she asked, making sure she’s hearing the right person.

“Yes, ahmm… Jiyong haven’t called you yet?” Donghae asked. He’s not concern to Jiyongs’ whereabouts because he’s old enough to be cautious to his actions but he’s more concern to Dara- the girlfriend of his best-friend.

Dara shook her head even if Donghae wouldn’t see her. “He’s still busy… maybe.” She sighed. It’s already 7PM and she wanted to talk to him. She badly misses her Jiyong. Years of being apart are really hard.

“Ahh… I see.” Donghae said, while lacking of the right to words to say.

“Have you eaten dinner already?” Sandara asked making Donghae dumbfounded for awhile. What is she saying? He thought. “I-I am alone tonight because Jiyong promised that he’ll be here to have dinner with me. I-If you’re n-not busy ahmm… can you… can you—“

“Are you inviting me to have dinner with you?” Donghae confirmed. He’s not used to confusion and he wanted things straight to the point. Maybe living alone for almost all his life taught him that things that make someone confuse will be the main reason why people nowadays were crazy and situations got ed-up. But he’s not a life hater or even similar to that. He just wanted things to be straight to the point.

“Well… it’s not a form of a date but yeah, I am asking you to accompany me tonight. If… well, if you’re not busy.” Sandara said in a low tone.

Donghae sighed and watched where he’s heading right now and smiled to the persons he saw from the windor. “You know this place called ‘Eat your Kimchi’ 2 blocks away from your dorm? I’m here right now and I want to treat you.”

 

***

Jiyong smiled as he saw Kiko came back from the rest-room. They’re already heading home after eating in the restaurant called Eat Your Kimchi near her dormitory. After playing hours on her XBox they decided to eat outside because Kiko doesn’t like the taste of noodles.

“Ready?” Jiyong asked.

“Yep.” Kiko said. She wraps her arms on Jiyongs’ arm and walked towards the door. She’s really happy that she spent her whole day with Jiyong. Being his girlfriend means having a luxury time of being with him.

They walked and laughing. “I want to drink bubble tea oppa before going home.” Kiko said while giggling.

Jiyong put his hands on Kikos’ hair and gently tap it. “Sure.”

Both of them were laughing when they both froze upon seeing two figures standing in-front of them. Jiyong got nervous upon realizing that Kiko is holding his arms. He smiled awkwardly to them and walk towards them. Kiko was shaking upon seeing the ghost in her life today.

On the other hand, Sandara was shocked upon seeing her boyfriend with another girl. She looked at them and then looked at Lee Donghae. But to her surprise, Lee Donghae was still very relaxed. He’s not even moving and just waiting for the two of them to approach them.

“Sandara…”

“Hello Jiyong.” Sandara said, while giving him a short smile. She’s not a y-type of girl so she gave him a smile, along with the girl Jiyongs’ with, even if she wanted to rant. Who is she? Why is she holding her boyfriends arm?

“Donghae!” Kiko exclaimed. She’s in a very awkward situation so she manages to act normally in-front of them. She’s close with Donghae when they’re still in high school and she’s afraid that Donghae might tell the girl beside him the truth in an instant. “How are you?”

Donghae smirked on his thought. The cheaters and the one being cheated. Nice, nice, this is really amusing. What is my role on their life story anyways? He thought, before giving Kiko a short smile. “I’m fine Kiko.” He said, giving emphasis to her name.

Sandaras’ eyes widened as she heard that the girl beside her boyfriend is Kiko- his best girl friend. “Y-You are Kiko? Jiyongs’ best-friend?”

Kiko was dumbfounded then eventually smiled. She looked at Jiyong. Best-friend uh? She thought. She gave Dara a smile. “Yes, I am Kiko, Kwon Jiyongs’ best-friend.”

Kiko doesn’t want to hurt her- Jiyong was right, she’s really fragile and innocent. Sandara looked like a crystal. But nothing in this world is as good as God- we are created imperfectly making us create mistakes. As much as she wanted to be a good-friend to Sandara, she just can’t. She’s in-love to Kwon Jiyong… and she cannot possibly give him up as easy as that.

“Wow, nice to meet you! I am Sandara Park, Jiyongs’ girlfriend.” Sandara gave Kiko a hug. She wanted to laugh because she thought that this girl is a threat to her.

“Girlfriend…” Kiko muttered as soon as Daras’ arms were away to her.

“What are you doing here?” Jiyong asked. He thanked all the Gods’ in the heaven for not making Dara think of possible reasons why he’s with Kiko.

“I asked Donghae to accompany me since you’re busy.”

“I’m so sorry baby.” Jiyong said. He went closer to Dara and gives her a short hug. “I was busy with our org- and Kiko and I decided to have dinner along with our org-mates.”

“No, it’s okay. We still got a lot of time to have dinner together.” Sandara said. She’s happy that Jiyong is already here and even thanked Donghae for this unexpected event that is happening right now.

“So the best-friend already met the girlfriend. Nice, nice.”  Donghae said, while giving them a knowing stare. “Where are you two heading now?”

“I’ll just walk Kiko home.” Jiyong said, while giving Kiko an apologetic stare. “Since Sandara is here, maybe I’ll just accompany her for awhile.”

“No, no it’s okay Ji. I’m with your other best-friend Donghae so it’s okay.” Sandara said, giving him a smile. “And besides, you should walk Kiko home. It’s getting late and Kiko is a girl. You know, bad guys were around.”

Donghae almost laughed upon hearing Sandaras’ remark. If you only knew… the bad guy you were referring is just in front of you… “We’ll just eat and then, I’ll walk her home.” Donghae said to Jiyong.

“Okay bro. Please take care of my girlfriend…”

“Of course, I’ll take care of your girlfriend.” Donghae said while giving him a knowing smile.

“Call me when you got home, okay baby?” Jiyong said and gave Dara a kiss on her cheeks.

Sandara giggled with too much embarrassment. “Yaah, your best-friends are here.”

JIyong just smiled. “Just call me, okay?”

“Neh.”

Kiko gave Dara a short hug. “It’s nice seeing you. And now I met his girlfriend I want to know you more. I hope you can find time Dara.”

“Sure, I’ll just ask your number to Jiyong and maybe we can meet-up soon.”

“Bro.” Donghae said, giving Jiyong a short nod.

“Bro.”

Then Jiyong walked away with Kiko. Sandara smiled upon seeing her boyfriend along with his best-friend. It’s really nice that Jiyong is surrounded with very good influence friends.

“So, you’re treating me. Get ready Lee Donghae and say good-bye to your one-week allowance.” Dara said making Donghae smirk.

 

***

The next day Donghae woke-up with a smile on his face. Another day with full of surprises. He thought. He went to the C.R. and takes a bath. He was in a very good-mood today and he doesn’t know why. Maybe something good will about to happen… he thought.

As soon as he finishes his daily routine, he went out of their room and went to the kitchen counter. He saw Suho drinking his milk along with his book- the book he’s reading since yesterday evening.

“Ayo wadup.” Donghae greeted him. “Still reading them?”

“Yep. I’ve been reading this Chapter for 2 times already.”

Donghae almost blow the water he’s been drinking. “Two times? Are you freaking serious Suho?”

“Yep and I’m getting bored because the topic is so easy.”

He gets his book and tries to understand the thing he’s reading. Abdominal trauma has two main causes: penetrating trauma from gunshot wounds or stabbing or blunt trauma from a motor vehicular accident or fall. Any of the organs--- ! What is this?!

Donghae gave Suho a shot. “, get a life Suho! You’re killing yourself with those… those creepy terms!”

Suho just arranged his glasses and finish drinking his milk. “You should get a life too and stop being a mathematics monster. Those numbers were creepy; I am telling you Lee Donghae.”

“Are you two arguing?” Suho and Donghae gave Jiyong a short glance and then rolled their eyes at him. “What?” Jiyong asked, confused to the twos’ actions.

“I think Kwon Jiyong should be the one to be told to get a life.” Suho said.

“I agree with you bro.” Donghae agreed.

“What the?!”

“Kwon Jiyong: the Student Council President of Sequel University, Org President of Art is Life, Varsity of Track and Field, involve in school band called BigBang and well, running for Laude this coming graduation. Get a life dude! Too much school stuffs.” Suho said, while smiling. Jiyong just gave him a light punch on his head. “What the?! Why did you do that?!”

“Maybe because I want you to forget all the things you studied the other night.” Jiyong said while smiling from ear to ear.

“Get a life.”

“Shut up nerdy boy. I still got a life because I go to clubs and I do girlfriends.”

“Oh god, this maniac.” Suho mumbled.

“I understand it nerdy boy.” Jiyong said. “And I won’t deny, I do girlfriends and bed-scenes with them. You want a video?”

“Whatever.” Suho said while leaving them. He gets his book and went back to his room. “If you’ll catch STD, I don’t know what to say Jiyong.”

“I use my best friend and his name is .Jiyong said, suppressing a laugh.

Donghae kept on laughing his heart out because first thing in the morning they already annoyed nerdy Suho. They already know that Suho is not, and definitely not a nerd. He’s in the Chess Club and the President of the EXO Club- a singing chorale in their school. They just want to annoy him because he keeps on studying- and they think that studying bores your life.

“How’s your dinner with Dara?” Jiyong asked as he sips his coffee. “Did she say something weird about me and Kiko?”

Donghae just shrug. “She’s just talking about how cute Kiko is and how crazy she was for thinking that you are cheating in her with Kiko.”

Jiyong looked away and sighed. “I don’t know what to do with them bro.”

“Why in the first place you wanted to be in this kind of life Kwon Jiyong?”

“I-I cannot stop myself from being with so many girls. Every time I’m with them, it gave me a satisfying feeling.”

“Is it because of her?” Donghae asked. Jiyong looked away, trying his best not to entertain Donghaes’ words. “Bro, Sandara is already here. She will never leave you again. Never. What she did few years ago isn’t her plan- her family moved and you and her have no choice.”

“But she already did, she already left me.” Jiyong said. “She was my first love bro; you cannot blame me for being hurt back then.”

“Then break-up with Kiko and be with your first love, simple as that Jiyong. Don’t make things more complicated.” Donghae said. “Sandara is here, she came back for you. You can still change because the remedy for your ed-up thoughts is already here; the reason why you become a jerk is already here to fix you.”

“I-I can’t…”

“Tell me, do you still love Dara?”

“Yes…”

“Do you love Kiko?”

“Yes…”

“Break-up with Dara or with Kiko.”

“I cannot. I don’t want to hurt them.”

It’s not possible Jiyong. The moment Kiko and Sandara met is the same moment that you started hurting them.” Donghae said. “Be ready because one of these days, your life will be ed-up.”