n i n e t e e n

Cheating Hearts

Donghae didn’t know what to do. He was just outside his cottage, sitting at the front stairs and silently thinking of what he did awhile ago. Damn it! He cursed himself. He breathe in the fresh air inside his lungs, put his hands on his face, as if washing them, then places his hands on his hair and pulls them. He closes his eyes and cursed the world for being so unfair. Damn it! Damn it! Damn it!

He just then found out that he’s crying. His shoulders were shaking and he knew that he’s just lucky enough he can control his sobs. He’s frustrated as hell, he can tell it, and he wanted to punch everyone. Why it did happen? Tears are streaming down to his cheeks and he forcefully wipes it away. He’s not used to crying, he never cries for someone, yet he’s crying a lot for Dara these past few months. He stands-up and went inside the cottage and right there, he saw Dara silently crying too.

His heart clenches as he saw the way her shoulder moves and the audible sobs that filled the cottage. He went closer to her, silently, and cried with her. Dara doesn’t deserve this, she never was. She deserved to be loved, to be taken care. As he sat down on the bed, Dara raised her head, and Donghae clearly saw how hurt she was- the pained expression of her face and the loneliness on her eyes.

“D-donghae…” Dara said in between sobs. “D-donghae…. I’m…. I’m sorry.”

Dara then started crying. She never regretted anything in her life before but now, she almost regretted everything. Going back to Korea, listen to her heart, giving up her ity. But one thing she never regretted is the fact that she met Donghae. At times when she’s really down, he was there, and no one can blame her if she loves Donghae right now. He deserves to be loved because all he ever did is to love her unconditionally: he never wanted anything in return, he never rushed everything.

Donghae went closer to Dara, cupped her face and stares intently to her eyes. His heart is breaking seeing how hurt she was right now. “I’m sorry for leaving you…”

He closes his eyes and reached for her forehead and kissed it. Both of them close their eyes, cherishing this moment together. They’re still crying silently and been thinking why everything is happening like this.

“I-I’m sorry for being such a low—“

“No! You’re not a low class woman. Damn it!”

Dara was still crying, regretting everything. She can do nothing; her ity cannot be brought back. She bit her lower lip and started to shake her head. “I-I’m not pure. I-I’m dirty. I’m not a anymore and you don’t deserve this. I’m dirty. I’m dirty.”

Donghae closes his eyes and harshly shake Dara on her shoulder. “Damn it! I don’t care if you’re not a anymore!” He said. His heart is aching. He didn’t saw this coming and he hated the fact that Dara think that he’s that kind of guy.

“D-donghae…”

“So what if you’re not a ? So what if I wasn’t your first? God knows how much I wanted to be your first but heck, your ity is just a flesh. I don’t love you because you’re a Dara, I love you because you are you!”

Donghae is really tired and he didn’t even think that his hands, gripping Daras’ shoulder, are hurting her. He didn’t think she’s like that. He felt like she was looking down to his feelings towards her.

“D-donghae… I’m sorry.”

“Damn it! ! !”

Donghae cried in-front of Dara. “ity isn’t a measuring tool, Dara. I love you because you are you. How-how could you question my love for you?” Donghae asked in a pained expression. “Your heart isn’t located in between your thighs.”

Dara reached for Donghaes’ face and smiled at him. “Thank you…” She wiped his tears because it’s hurting her inside. “Thank you for loving me…”

Donghae looked at Dara, straight to her eyes. He also did the same; he also wiped the tears on her cheeks. “I don’t care about your ity, always think of that…” Dara nods and smiled at Donghae. “I am not too Dara, don’t be too harsh to yourself. Loosing your ity doesn’t mean the whole world will stop to spin.”

“Thank you Donghae… thank you very much.”

Donghae hugged Dara and kissed her temple. For him, he deserves every part of Dara- even if she looses the thing that is very important to her. He’s not a hypocrite like some guys, he accepts every part of Dara: her flaws and the flaws that he’ll about to discover. He doesn’t care about anyone; all he cares is Dara and him alone.

“Th-then why… why did you go out?” Dara asked, in a low tone. “I-I was very hurt… I thought you’ll leave me here and you’ll go away.”

“I’m sorry…” Donghae said.

“Do you hate me?”

“Heck, no!” Donghae said. “I just went out because I want to think… think about if I’ll leave you, what will happen to me?”

“Donghae…”

“If I leave you here, will it give me happiness? If I leave you because of that, what will happen?” Donghae said. He smiled at her and hugged her tightly. “This is just part of the war Dara. Jiyong choose to hurt you and I will do my ing best to get even. He throws you away, he take you for granted. Now, I am here to fix you, to pick up the pieces of you. Screw that bro code!”

“Thank you Donghae…”

“What happened is just part of the process, Dara. It only shows how stupid Jiyong is and with that, I will never ever let you go. He doesn’t deserve you because he’s ungrateful bastard whose heart is located in between his thigh.”

“Thank you Donghae…” Dara repeated.

“I will punch him for taking you away from me.”

This is the very first time she ever felt like this. Sure thing, she’s loved by her family and her friends, but the love Donghae offers is very different from the love from her family. She’s very sure that she can love Donghae, more than anyone else in this world. But those issues aren’t solved yet. They still got problems.

“No, thank you for coming to my life…” Donghae said while hugging her. “Meeting you is the best thing that ever happened to me, Dara. And loving me back is beyond happiness.”

Dara nod and hugged Donghae back. Meeting and loving you is part of the war Donghae… I want to fight with you ‘till the end…