t w e l v e

Cheating Hearts

Jiyongs’ head is at bad state. Stupid Jiyong for drinking that much… he thought. He opens his eyes but eventually closes them. He’s having a hang-over and he hated it. But despite the fact that he hates hang-over, he cannot deny the fact that he loves drinking. Screw that hang-over… he thought. He knew that he’s not in his dorm- the scent that fills his lungs are familiar but it’s not the same scent of his room. The familiarity is calming him. He felt that the door of the room opens and that familiar scent filled the four corners of the room.

“Tss. Stupid for drinking like there’s no tomorrow.” Kiko mumbled. She entered her room and grabs some clothes. She needs to go to school for her club activities. The first year need to be active in the club activites and being the club president, she need to facilitate then.

Jiyong smiled upon hearing Kikos’ words. Even if he’s been a jerk, he still has a best girl friend who doesn’t question how jerk he was- at least not in-front of him. When she entered the bathroom, Jiyong opens his eyes and stands-up. He gets his shirt who’s now hanging on Kikos’ chair. He even grabs the pants he wore last night.

He went to her kitchen and makes himself some coffee. He’s been here for almost all of his college life and being here again is really calming him. Kiko is one of the few persons he trusts the most. He’s been his constant confidante most especially if everything around him seems to ed-up.

“Oh, I thought you left without even saying words of gratitude.” Kiko spoke. She went closer to him and makes herself some coffee. “Hang-over, huh?” she teased.

“Yeah.” Jiyong answered shortly. “Thank you for being there Kiks.”

Kiko left out a small chuckle. “As if I have a choice.”

Jiyong sighed and drank the coffee he made. “I really thought I called Dara.”

“Speed-dial number 1 Jiyong, you almost forgot?” Kiko said while giving him a grin. She has been his speed-dial while he’s her speed-dial. For Christ sake, we’re best of friends! “How are you? I mean, how you and Dara are?” she asked.

“We’re fine.” Jiyong answered, trying to give assurance to himself. “Maybe, we’re fine.”

“Tell me, what happened?” Kiko asks.

“She’s being cold to me.”

With that simple sentence it gave big hope to Kiko. She’s not afraid of admitting to herself that she loves what Jiyong just told her. Now that Dara is being cold towards him, it only means that she has a lot of time now to be with him.

“Oh…”

Jiyong sighed then places the mug of coffee to the kitchen counter. “She’s not the same Dara I love. Sometimes I caught her just staring at me and then she’ll smirk but a lot of times I caught her staring at Donghae…”

“What do you mean?”

“She’s staring at Donghae and… and she just smiles. I-I don’t know why she’s like that and , I’m so jealous. ing jealous. They’re already close that every time I’m with her, she keeps on talking about him. Like, what the heck!”

Kiko looked at Jiyong and smirked on her thoughts. That’s because you let Dara be with Donghae in the very first place… she thought. She cannot blame Dara if she’ll fall to Donghae because of Jiyongs’ absence. But she’s not sure if Dara is already falling for Donghae. She doesn’t show the symptoms of a person being in-love with Donghae. But Donghae, her friend Lee Donghae, is indeed in-love with Dara. She has no idea when and how it did happen but she’s happy with it. If Donghae loves Dara and if eventually Dara fall for Donghae, then everything will fall into their right places.

Dara will have Donghae and she’ll have Jiyong.

“J-just understand Ji. Donghae has been Daras’ companion for a long time and you cannot blame her for being so close to him.” You made that decision Ji… come on!

“It’s just that…”

“Do you trust Lee Donghae, right?” Kiko asked. “Lee Donghae is your best-friend and you have a bro-code. I know Donghae is smart enough, he’ll not waste your friendship over a girl, Ji.”

Jiyong sighed. “You are right, Kiks. Donghae wouldn’t do anything that will destroy our friendship.”

“And you trust Dara, right?” Kiko said, while smiling. “She came back for you. She… she l-loves you.”

Jiyong smiled upon remembering that. Dara loves him so much and he trusts her. If Daras’ love for him is already gone, he must know it and can feel it. Dara went back for him, so he must trust her.

“Anyway, I have to go Kiks.” Jiyong said while drinking the coffee. “Meeting by 2PM.” Kiko smirked. She places her arm on Jiyongs sneck and pulls him closer to her. “W-what are you doing?” Jiyong asked with weak tone.

Kiko smirked. “Come on Ji, I missed you.” Kiko said. She pulls Jiyong closer and kisses his lips. She gave him tiny kisses and slowly her hands on his head. “I missed you so much.”

Jiyong left out a small moan and answered Kikos’ kisses making Kiko deepen her kisses. She titled her head and deepens their kisses. She bit Jiyongs lower lip, wanting an access to his mouth. Their tongues were playing with each other when Kikos’ hands wander to Jiyongs back, tyring her best to remove the shirt he’s wearing.

“Kiko…” Jiyong said in between kisses and moan. “T-this is not right…”

“Everything about us is not right, Ji.” Kiko said, trying her best to turn-on Jiyong. She gave him kisses on his neck most especially on his collar bone. Other people might think that she’s one of a hell but she doesn’t care. She loves Jiyong, more than anything else. She can be a for him, only for him.

Jiyong push Kiko away and pulls his hair. “I-I want to be the perfect boyfriend for Dara, Kiko. I love her…”

Kiki walk towards him, seducing him. “I really don’t care…” Kikos’ hands trail on Jiyongs body. From his neck down to his chest. “I just want you…” And your love.

Jiyong closes his eyes and when he opened his eyes, he can still see the desire on Kikos’ eyes. He badly wanted to stop, he needs to, but seeing Kikos’ eyes… Damn it! He pulls her closer to him, giving her mind blowing kisses. He cups her and gently massage it, making Kiko moan.

“J-Jiyong…”

“I want you…” Jiyong mumbled in Kikos’ ear and giving her wet kisses. “I want you… now.”

Jiyong cannot possible reject Kiko now. He’s just a guy and he’s not a saint to reject her. She offered herself to him. She turned him on and she must fulfill his needs. He can feel the hardness of his ‘thing’ and he cannot reverse it anymore. He pull Kikos’ shirt, revealing her . He gently massage them, kissing them, praising them like there’s no tomorrow. He lifted her up and put her on the kitchen counter, and continued kissing her.

Kiko smirked. What they are doing right now isn’t right. It’s sinful, but heck, doing bad things is better if she’s doing it with Jiyong… If she’s doing it for Jiyong…

“I want you right here, right now.” Jiyong spoke. Kiko just smiled at him. If Daras’ away, Kiko Mizuhara all the way…

 

***

 

Dara shook her head. Maybe Jiyong is still asleep… she thought. Jiyong promised her to have lunch with her. Since it’s Saturday, Jiyong has no class but just some meeting since he’s the SC President. She sighed. It’s already 12:30PM and she’s been waiting for him for almost 2 hours.

“Where are you Jiyong…” Dara asked. She’s on the verge of crying but she cannot do it. She’s at the school cafeteria and many students will see her. Jiyong always show up every time he gave her promises and if he cannot do it, he’ll text her or call her that he cannot do it.

“Are you okay Dara?”

Dara looked up and saw Donghae along with Suho and his girlfriend. And as if on cue, Daras’ tear immediately fall. Donghae places his bag on the table and sat next to her. He immediately hug her making Dara cry for more. “Shhhh… Tell me what happened?”

“I-I waited for 2 hours, Donghae, but Jiyong… Jiyong didn’t show up.” Dara said while crying. “He… he didn’t even give me a call that he’ll be late and I’m… I’m very hungry…”

Donghae smiled upon hearing Daras’ last words. He hugs her tightly and gave her soft kisses on her hair. He badly loves this girl and seeing her cry pained him. “Okay, I’ll treat you lunch instead.”

Dara shook her head, but still hugging Donghae. “Jiyong promised me… he promised me he’ll have lunch with me.”

Donghae looked at Suho and his girlfriend. He can see their pity look towards Dara. Both of them know that Jiyong is a jerk and they can’t help it but feel sad towards Dara. Dara doesn’t deserve this kind of treatment.

“But it’s almost 1PM!” Donghae exclaimed. “Jiyong didn’t come home…” he said, making Dara cry for more. “Shhh…”

Sandara kept on crying, not minding what other people will say. She wanted to cry her heart out because she’s really tired of crying over Jiyong. So if Jiyong didn’t come home, it only means that he’s with some random again. Is he with Kiko? Or with another girl? She thought.

Donghae push Dara, slowly, and cupped her face. He taces his thumb on her cheeks and smiled at her. “Did you forget that I am your boyfriend?”

Daras’ lips trembled but she can’t help it but smile. She bit her lower lip to fight the tears that is about to fall again. She keeps on nodding her head while smiling at Donghae. How did she ever forget that she still have Donghae? That even if everything is ed-up, that even if everyone will leave her, she still have Donghae? That Donghae will never, ever leave her?

“Now that Jiyong gave you tears, I am in charge of making you smile.” Donghae said while giving her another hug. “Remember Dara, I am your soldier.”

 

 

Meanwhile, Jiyong hurriedly woke-up and pulls his hair. He saw the text message Donghae gave to him.

 

Where are you? Dara is crying here at the cafeteria. Damn it Jiyong!

 

He closes his eyes and feels guilty. He left out a heavy sigh and looked at the girl beside him- it’s Kiko, sleeping peacefully while hugging him. He was staring at her. Kiko is her girl best friend and what he’s dong towards her is not right. She doesn’t deserve to be used. He felt that Kiko move and she slowly opens her eyes. And upon seeing Jiyong, Kiko smiled and hugs him closer.

Kiko was happy, happy that they do it. Happy that she do it with Jiyong.

“I have to go.” Jiyong said while removing Kikos’ arm on his waist. He didn’t even saw the pained expression on Kikos’ eyes. “I have to be with Dara. I know she’s not eating yet and she’s waiting for me.”

Jiyong stands-up leaving Kiko. He grabs his shirt on Kikos’ closet. He has been sleeping here for a long period of time and he already has a space on Kikos’ closet. While dressing up, Kiko can’t help it but smile bitterly. So I was just a past time… as always. She thought.

“I have to go.” He said while walking away. He didn’t even give a damn of giving her comfort words. He just left without looking back.

Kiko was left on her own, on her own bed, feeling sad. Another tears started to fall. She felt cheap, she felt like a and yet she’s happy. She’s happy that she made Jiyong happy. When will be the time that I’ll be you priority, huh, Jiyong?

 

 

Donghae was still hugging Dara and tapping her shoulder. Suho and her girlfriend were the one who grab their lunch leaving him and Dara on the table. He was comforting her because she’s still crying. He felt bad towards her.

“Shhh… it’s okay Dara. I’m here, everything’s gonna be alright.” Dara just kept on crying when she felt Donghaes’ lips on her forehead. “I’m here, okay? I won’t make you cry.”

With that simple gesture, Dara felt that Donghae is really a nice guy. And the girl he will love is really lucky. He’s sweet, caring and loving.

 

That’s the scene Jiyong saw upon entering the cafeteria: Donghae hugging Dara tightly. His grip on the flower tightened. But upon seeing Dara cried made him feel bad. He knew that he’s the reason why she’s crying and he felt really guilty. He walk slowly towards them and when he catches Donghaes’ attention, Donghae slowly push Dara away. There, he saw that Daras’ eyes were puffy and swollen making his heart ache. She doesn’t deserve this… he thought.

He sat next to them and hugs Dara tightly. He wanted to say sorry for her, he wanted make it up to her, he wanted to kiss her, her tears.

“J-Jiyong…” Dara mumbled. She felt like she’s just a trash. Jiyong is keeping on taking her for granted. “W-why a-are you… la-late?”

Jiyong left out a heavy sigh. This is the last time that I will lie to you Dara… he thought. “I over-sleep.”

“D-donghae told me you didn’t sleep on your dorm.”

“O-Oh, I sleep in Siwons’ room. I was drunk the other night.”

Dara just nod but she knew him better. She knew that he was lying, that he’s with someone else. But she chooses to close her eyes and she felt stupid. She already knew that Jiyong is a jerk, that he’s cheating and yet she choose to stay with him. She loves him and she’ll crazy if she’ll let go of him.

“I love you Jiyong…” And I am willing to forgive you… she thought. “I love you very much.”

Jiyong hug her tightly and slowly push her away. Jiyong wipe away the tears that are streaming down on her face. She deserves to be happy, she deserves to smile and not frown or cry. He pulls the flower that he’s holding and gave it to her.

“I want to start all over again, Dara. Can we go back to seventh grade? We’ll laugh together; cry together, we’ll be happy together. We get to know each other again, fill the empty spaces in out hearts. We’ll create another memory and love each other again.” Jiyong said while smiling at her. This time, it’s for real… he said.

Dara nod and smile at him. She hugs him tightly. She loves him, he deserve second chance.

“I will make you happy again, Dara. I’ll make sure I’ll make you happy. I love you.”

Dara smiled and pull him closer. “I love you too, Jiyong.”

 

 

Donghae was smiling bitterly. Seeing Dara smile is making him happy, but seeing and realizing that he’s not the reason of her smile saddens him. He left out a heavy sigh when he felt a slight tap on his shoulder.

“You love her that much, huh?” Suho asked, while looking at Jiyong and Dara who’s now holding each others’ hands.

“Yes.”

“Are you ready to let her go, Donghae?” Suho asked.

Donghae smirked. “No, not really. I’m still here for her, waiting for her to realize that I deserve her too.”

“Don’t you think that she’s not really for you? They love each other Donghae to begin with and what you have is only a phase to make their relationship strong?”

“No, I know I’ll have her. In time Suho, in time she’ll be mine again.”

Suho just shook his head. “Perks of being in-love.”

“Yeah.”

“The hardest part of loving someone is the part when you have to choose to let them go and say goodbye to them.”

Donghae gave Suho a smile. “I won’t let her go nor say goodbye, Suho.” Donghae said. He gave Dara and Jiyong one last look then looked away. It pained him seeing them happy, he must admit it, yet knowing that she’ll be happy with him makes him happy too- even if he’s not the reason why she’s happy now. “I’ll just say see you later… See you later, Dara.”