The news that shook the world

Fate will return you what you try to let go

Jong hyun and Minhyuk have left the hotel earlier as they were heading for a fan meeting in Hong Kong. Coincidentally SNSD was taking the same plane as they transit in Hong Kong before heading back to Seoul. Unlike the atmosphere at the party, the business class cabin was quiet as everyone was worn out after the party and shopping. Upon arrival at Hong Kong, Jonghyun and Minhyuk bid goodbye to SNSD and made their way out to the immigration counters. Meanwhile, SNSD was expected to reach Seoul at 11pm.

The remaining CNBlue members took a direct flight from LA to Seoul and was expected to reach at about 10pm, an hour earlier than SNSD despite taking a later flight. There was a big crowd at the airport when SNSD arrived but the people there did not look like they were fans but they had to hurry onto their company's van as with previous encounters, fans might gather near their van and block the way. As such, the girls promptly get up the van and head back to their dorm. Seohyun was texting Yonghwa to check if he has been home but there was no reply. And suddenly Sunny shouted, " Oh my god!! Is this real??"

Tiff: "What?!"

Sunny: "There's an online news that says a plane traveling from Los Angeles to Seoul could not be located after losing contact with the controller."

Seohyun tensed up and asked Sunny not to make such a sick joke, but Sooyeong also read similar reports online and news were spreading that 2 CNBlue members were on board. Seohyun couldn't believe what she heard and searched online for more information. The moment she verified the flight number, her heart sank. She picked up her phone immediately and tried calling Yonghwa but the phone was switched off. In a frantic she called up Minhyuk who was now in HK.

SH: "Minhyuk... The news... The news.... Are they real?" (Seohyun catching her breath as she speaks)

MH: "Seohyun... We couldn't contact anyone... Yonghwa .... And Jungshin.... ... They boarded the plane." 

SH: "what did your company say? Are they sure Both of them boarded the plane?"

MH: ".. (Sobbing).. The airline confirmed."

Seohyun dropped back to her seat, she couldn't hold it anymore. The rest of the unnies were also in shock and sobbings could be heard in the van. Seohyun texted Yonghwa and Jungshin continuously, asking them to reply her, asking them to stay safe and don't let anything happen to them. She was at a complete loss. 

After the news of the missing airline spreads like virus, Jonghyun and Minhyuk cancelled their event and rushed back to Seoul. Calls came pouring in from friends and relatives to confirm the news. Jong hyun and Minhyuk were escorted by body guards when they reached Seoul and headed to FNC main building. Outside the building there were also full of reporters and fans who couldn't believe the news like anyone. 

----

Earlier in the day, Flight 023I was about 4 hours into the flight when it bagan to descend rapidly. The pilot was able to control the plane after vigorous attempt. However after 10 minutes, the pilot lost control and the plane glided through the clouds and air in the sky freely. Yonghwa and Jungshin were seated in the business class and were sound asleep moments before the plane falls from the sky. Yonghwa was woken up by the overhead baggage that fell onto his head and he began to realize the seriousness of the situation he was in. Jungshin was also woken up by the loud banging of luggages and screaming. He turned to look at Yonghwa and both of them held on to each others' hands with their seat belt on. Yonghwa's immediate thought was his family, Seohyun and his band members. But now all he could think of is taking care of Jungshin and making sure nothing happens to them. He was panicked but he still tries to calm Jungshin down as he has never seen Jungshin shaken to this extent before.

As the plane descended further, the pilots made a final attempt to land on water. A final announcement was made to ask passengers put on the life vest which could be found under the seat. Yonghwa bent down to ensure both Jungshin and him are equipped with the life vest and called out to Jungshin to wear the life vest immediately, knowing that the plane will land anytime soon, Yonghwa picked up the safety brochure on the floor and read up several times. From the corner of Yonghwa's eye, he spotted a girl who wasn't putting up the life vest as instructed and shouted at her. He realized that she could be too scared to move and hurried over to her seat and pass her the life vest. "Put it on!!" Yonghwa shouted before he headed back to his seat.

YH: "Jungshin ah, stay strong,,, Jungshin! Read this safety brochure! Stay with me understand? Never give up. "

JS: "Hyung, thank you for taking care of me, taking care of us... I'm always grateful to you and I will never forget you. " (tears welled up in both Yonghwa and Jungshin's eyes as though they accepted the fact that this is the end)

YH: "Jungshin ah, thank you too." (Both of them held their hands together and closed their eyes)

YH: "Minhyuk & Jonghyun ah, take care. It has been nice knowing you. Please take good care of my Mum, dad and Seohyun. Hyun ah, I love you." (Yonghwa spoke for the last time before a strong loud blast could be heard)

Just as everyone thought an explosion will simply kill them and end their fragile life, the front part of the plane hit with impact but stayed intact. People were seen flying through the air while the back of the plane was damaged during the hard landing. The tail appeared to have hit the water first and for the passengers sitting in the front, most of them were still in their seat when the plane hit the water.

Yonghwa and Jungshin were knocked out due to the impact but they were alive.. There were screams and cries heard all over the area but as night falls, the screams and cries got lesser. It was obvious, many did not make it through. Yonghwa woke up, still belted to his seat, he looked next to him to see Jungshin belted to his seat too. Yonghwa called out for Jungshin desperately with his weakened voice. He attempted to shake Jungshin's hand. Just then he heard a voice that had never been so soothing to his ear. 

JS: "Hyung.."

YH: "Jungshin ah, are you ok? Can you move? Are you hurt anywhere?"

JS: "Are we still alive? I'm feeling cold"

YH: "If we are not moving, we will be dead soon. We are still sitting on our chair mounted to a floating board. That's unbelievable. Quick! Find a way to get out."

JS: "Are we going to jump into the water? Will there be sharks? Hyung, we should stay here at least till morning to have a better view. I really can't see well except I can smell the sea water."

YH: "I think I'm bleeding. I hav a cut on my forehead. Jungshin ah, check whether you are hurt anywhere."

JS: "I'm fine Hyung, don't worry about me. How's your cut? Is it deep? Hyung ah, tell me if you feel uncomfortable anywhere, don't hide from me."

YH: "I understand. Jungshin ah, I'm glad you are alive. Stay strong with me."

-----

to be continued..