Hello Little Ones

Fate will return you what you try to let go

It was not an easy sight at the NICU for any mother to witness their babies lying helplessly in the incubator with tubes all around them and some, being inserted into them. Since Hyun-Ae and Hyun-Ki were born pretermed, they would have to be tube fed and kept in the NICU until their immature systems catch up slowly. Seohyun and Yonghwa came to visit their twins and while they disinfect themselves thoroughly, a little hand popped out from the side circular opening of the incubator. It was Hyun-Ae and it was as though she could sense that her mummy and daddy were there. Seohyun quickly the little hand a few times to comfort her and called out to her name softly, wishing that she could quickly grow stronger and be transferred to a normal nursery. Yonghwa was looking at the other twin, who was born lighter than his sister and appeared to have more and breathing difficulty.   An emotional Yonghwa recalled how the doctor and nurses performed emergency C-section on Seohyun when they discovered that Hyun-Ki's heart rate dropped significantly and how close they were to losing him. He sat quietly beside Hyun-Ki's incubator and watched his every movement. 

YH: "My Hyun-Ki, you have to eat and grow well. Papa and mama will be cheering for you. Be healthy, my son."

The paediatrician, Dr Choi, then came in when the couple was about to leave and he updated them on the twins' condition.

Dr Choi: "Hyun-Ae is doing well, able to and breathe. No issue with feeding. We may stop tube feeding her tomorrow. But because Hyun-Ki seemed slightly smaller in size and he has difficulty in breathing and feeding at times, we need to tube feed him for another 5 days or so. We shall update you in details after the daily assessment and please don't worry, we will take good care of your babies."

YH: "Thank you Dr Choi, really appreciate if the team can take good care of our babies."

SH: "Especially Hyun-Ki, he seems so small and helpless. Please take good care of our babies."

After visiting the twins, the couple went back to their suite room to get some rest. The parents and in laws soon arrived and brought nutritional soup for Seohyun especially since she would be feeding the babies. Yonghwa showed some photos of the babies that was taken shortly after Seohyun's delivery and the parents and in laws couldn't wait to meet their grand children soon. Yonghwa's mum also thanked Seohyun for being strong as she had to go through the long and complicated labour. She even reminded Seohyun not to move around too much so that the wound heals faster. The CNBlue and SNSD members also came later in the day and news of Seohyun's delivery already sparked interest internationally by then. Fans bombarded the couple's twitter account and many who paid close attention to the couple's news enough would have realized that their babies were born pretermed. Many fans also wished for the mother and babies' good health. 

Th following day, Hyun-Ae was off tube feeding and responded well to bottle feeding. Seohyun was pumping as much milk as she could but since she has only started lactating, there were only small amount of milk pumped out each time she tried. Yonghwa was by Seohyun's side and he could feel the stress and frustration she had even when she tried so hard but at most 20-30ml each time. Fearing that Seohyun's supply would be insufficient to feed the twins, Yonghwa even seek help from the friendly nurses. Although Yonghwa felt awkward when the nurse asked him to massage Seohyun's s in front of her, he was determined to learn various techniques to stimulate the milk supply  so that he could help to relieve Seohyun's frustration. The nurse was patient and explained why certain technique worked to the couple and even praised Seohyun whenever she pumped out just a small amount of milk. She would remind her every time that every drop counts. 

As days passed, Seohyun's milk supply gradually increased and she was looking better than before. The twins had also just been transferred out from the NICU that morning as both were making remarkable progress. Hyun-Ki caught up with his sister fast and they both now weighed about the same. Hyun-ki in fact looked a little bigger than Hyun-Ae now. The couple requested for the babies to be brought to their suite so that their parents could meet their grandchildren after a week of waiting. When Seohyun and Yonghwa's mum met the twins for the first time, they couldn't control their tears. Yonghwa mum commented that Hyun-ki looked identical to Yonghwa just when he was born as he had big round eyes and red puffy lips. Seohyun's mum then commented that Hyun-Ae looked exactly like Seohyun too. It was amazing to see the little ones looking identical to their parents and the two grand mothers were overjoyed when Hyun-Ae decided to open her eyes as if to greet the elderly. 

SH's mum: "Oh! Oh! Hyun-Ae's looking at me, look at her eyes, what a beauty..."

(Seohyun and Yonghwa's mum getting excited while Yonghwa was busy taking photo of Hyun-Ae)

YH: "Hyun, she really looks like you. Aw.. How cute."

SH: "Really? So she will be as pretty as me?" 

YH: "Of course, even prettier."

Meanwhile, Yonghwa carried Hyun-Ki over and took out his phone, trying to capture the baby boy's photo. 

YH: "Hyun-ki, open your eyes too, show them your sparkly eyes, just like daddy's." (aiming phone at Hyun-Ki)

SH: "Hyun-ki's like daddy, lazy and sleepy."

YH: "What? I'm always sleepy but I'm not lazy! Haha." (puts away his phone)

Hyun-Ki opened his eyes and stared at Yonghwa. When Yonghwa realized Hyun-ki was looking around with his eyes wide opened, he quickly took out his camera but Hyun-Ki shut his eyes.

YH: "What? Are you making fun of me, Hyun-ki?"

YH's mum: "Maybe he's going to be a cheeky fella like you, Yonghwa."

SH: "Look, he opened his eyes again and even gave a cheeky grin, snap it! yong! Look at him!"

(Yonghwa aimed the phone at Hyun-ki again but just at that moment, Hyun-ki looked away and yawned)

YH: "Seriously.. This one.."

While Yonghwa gave up capturing Hyun-ki's pic with his eyes opened, he puts the baby back to the bassinet and sat around Seohyun. Hyun-ji immediately opened his eyes wide and was staring into space and stretching his tiny body at times. He would however stop any movement whenever Yonghwa went near to him.  Hyun-Ae was sleeping soundly in her own bassinet while Hyun-ki was looking everywhere while the grand parents looked entertained. At night after Yonghwa and. Seohyun's parents left, Yonghwa helped Seohyun with s massage as they continued to pump milk for the babies. Then Yonghwa had a thought.

YH: "Hyun.. When can we.. Get back to normal way again?"

SH: "Normal way? What?"

YH: "When can we.. You know.. start to make love again?"

SH: "Ah, I haven't thought this far! I don't think I can do it anymore." (Teasing Yonghwa)

YH: "That's not right. Having kids shouldn't affect our life. Don't pretend, you need it too. Don't say you don't like it."

SH: "You can check with the nurse or doctor. I'm not asking. It's too embarrassing."

YH: "Ah, seriously. Hmm.. But let's wait until your wounds are healed completely. That's more important."

SH: "Yah, it feels sore down there."

YH: "Really? It's amazing how a baby comes out from there. Wah, can't imagine, but you were great Hyun. So proud of you." 

SH: "Yong, just be patient."

YH: "I know." (Grins)

Yonghwa has composed many new songs lately and every night he would sing an unreleased song to his babies. The song titled "First cry" was dedicated to his daughter and son and amazingly, whenever Yonghwa sings, the babies would appear to calm down and doze off in a short while. Even his babies were mesmerized by Yonghwa's comforting vocal. 

SH: "Ah, our Hyun-Ki.. Such a little darling. How did he eat so much to catch up with his sister? What a fighter!"

YH: "I thought that you'd be a biased mum. You've always wanted a baby girl. But now you looked more attached to Hyun-Ki."

SH: "No, I love both of them. Equally. Just that Hyun-Ki ah, he really scares me when he couldn't come out. And he's born smaller and with more complications, I tend to worry more about him."

YH: "True, I was so scared too. But luckily he's fine now. Now we have jobs to do as parents, we must bring them up well, Hyun. I'll always be with you and we'll bring them up together."

SH: "Yes, Yong daddy."

 

---

Finally the day came, the babies were going home with their parents! Jonghyun drove the company van to pick up the couple and babies and even ensured there were infant car seats already since Seohyun is very particular about safety on the road. The infant car seats were gifts from Jonghyun and he even bought one in pink and another in blue. Seohyun was delighted and appreciated Jonghyun's thought that she kept commenting how nice the seats looked.

 

photo imagejpg2_zps0f6808bd.jpgphoto imagejpg1_zps7b858be2.jpg

After the babies were secured to the car seat, the parents watched nervously during the journey home as it was their first time traveling on a car with them. Yonghwa even joked that now with the babies, the amount of attention he has for Seohyun reduced drastically. Seohyun pouted but remarked that it was only right for Yonghwa to do that.

SH: "I'm alright with that, I'd rather my kids get more love from their daddy."

YH: "U sure, hyunnie? Won't you get jealous. I only have my eyes on them now."

SH: "Ah, it's good, it's time I can have my eyes else where, looking at other handsome guys.."

YH: "Other handsome guys?"

SH: "Yah, see, Jonghyun's back view is handsome too. Look, the young guy outside, nice eyes he's got."

YH: "Seo Juhyun."

SH: "What? Please look at the babies, not me!"

JH: "Seohyun.. So cute."

YH: "Jonghyun what did you say?" 

JH: "Ah.. Nothing."

Yonghwa looked at Seohyun and sulked before turning his head elsewhere to show his choding side again. Seohyun smiled and held his hand knowing that his husband is one jealous monster. But she has always liked him this way, by showing his jealousy, she knew that he cared for her. The ride home was pleasantly peaceful and the babies slept throughout, allowing the tensed first time parents some time to relax. Back at their home, Seohyun's mum was already waiting for them and even prepared lunch for Jonghyun and the couple. Yonghwa carried Hyun-Ae while Seohyun carried Hyun-ki and they welcome the babies home before placing them into their own baby cot. Seohyun felt contented just looking at the babies back home and then she went over to pick Hyun-Ae up. 

SH: "Hyun-Ae, I'll let you sleep with your little brother, be by his side and play with him alright?"

YH: "Just nice, they can share the cot until they grow a little bigger. It feels better to see them together side by side."

SH: "I know right? They stuck with each other for 8 months.. I'm sure they like to be really close."

Just then Hyun-ki turned to Hyun-ae's direction and leaned on his sister's head. Hyun-ae didn't seem to mind at all and the two babies stuck their face to each other. It was an amazing moment to see the twins seeking comfort from one another and Yonghwa felt his life so complete and warm, with his wife and babies in front of him. Like every parents' hope for their kids, Yonghwa hope that they will grow up well and be useful and righteous person. He was even more determined to be a better father. 

---

After lunch, Jonghyun and Seohyun's mum went off. Yonghwa was helping out with household chores so that Seohyun could focus on the babies. Yonghwa took some time out to compose more songs in his music room when Seohyun came in with Hyun-ae crying in her arms. 

SH: "Yong, I need to feed Hyun-ki now that Hyun-ae's just finished her milk but she's crying, can you handle her?"

YH: "Ok, leave her to me." (patting and rocking Hyun-ae)

SH: "Make her sleep if you can."

(Hyun-ae still crying in Yonghwa's arms)

Yonghwa took the portable baby rocker bed and place it in his music room. While rocking Hyun-ae in the rocker bed using his foot, his hand was holding onto a guitar and he began to sing his own version of twinkle twinkle little star but Hyun-ae wasn't too impressed. Then, Yonghwa strummed his guitar and sang love light. Almost immediately, Hyun-ae calmed down and even attempted to open her eyes. It was as though Hyun-ae has a liking for love light, just like Seohyun. Could it be that Seohyun has been listening to the song so much that Hyun-ae actually finds the song familiar and soothing? Yonghwa was surprised and he continued to sing on repeat mode until Hyun-ae fell asleep. 

YH: "Seriously, my Hyun-ae likes love light? Just like your mummy's? What a cutie pieeeee..." (heart melted)

He then picked Hyun-ae up and went to the put Hyun-ae back into her cot where Hyun-ji was already sound asleep. Yonghwa shared with Seohyun what happened in the music room but Seohyun wants to witness it herself the next time. THe couple got more excited as they hope that their kids will enjoy music as much as they had and couldn't wait for them to grow up sooner so that they can teach them on musical instruments and dance, 

---

to be continued...