Get well soon.

Fate will return you what you try to let go

Seohyun has spent 4 days at the hospital. Thankfully for the nurses and doctors' consistent care, Seohyun was getting better by the days. Some of the nurses were also avid fans of the couple and took really good care of both the couple. Though Seohyun developed fever the day before due to wound infection, the nurses  monitored her closely and changed her dressing regularly. Yonghwa also sponged Seohyun every half an hour or so to bring her temperature down, as instructed by the nurses. This was also when Yonghwa was so impressed by his wife because she couldn't take any antibiotics or painkillers due to her pregnancy but she tolerated the discomfort and pain without complaining.

Due the big crowd camping outside the hospital, Yonghwa has advised friends and family members not to visit Seohyun and anyway she is recovering well. To ensure that the parents and inlaws do not worry too much, Yonghwa also face timed them and let them talk to Seohyun. Jonghyun though, visited once and packed Yonghwa's clothes and toiletries for him since he would be staying in the hospital for a period of time with Seohyun. Of course, knowing that Yonghwa might be bored, he also brought a guitar along.

Yonghwa sang to cheer Seohyun up and while he was in the hospital, he wrote out lyrics of a few songs. During time like this, so much feelings were involved and for Yonghwa, he had to capture all of them and make them into a song.

One evening, Seohyun told Yonghwa that she wanted soy bean paste soup for dinner. It was the first time Seohyun asked for something to eat. Yonghwa reckoned that it was a good sign as it meant that Seohyun's beginning to gain appetite. He then asked the nurses whether the kitchen could prepare soy bean paste soup but because the hospital only provide standard menu, they were unable to serve her items out of the menu. While observing Seohyun's disappointment, Yonghwa suddenly thought of Jungshin!

YH: "Jungshin ah, are you at home?"

JS: "Hyung, yes we are at home. What's up?"

YH: "Ah.. Jungshin, Seohyun says she wants to have soy bean paste soup. They dont have it in the hospital. Can you prepare and bring over?"

JS: "Are you serious?"

YH: "You can help to cook or go somewhere and buy it for her. Understand?"

JS: "Understand, understand..I'll cook."

Seohyun's face lit up when she heard her husband talking on the phone to Jungshin to get her soy bean paste soup.

YH: "Hyun, Jungshin makes good soy bean paste soup, see if you like it."

SH: "Thanks yong, I'm sure it will taste nice."

About an hours passed, Jungshin arrived at the hospital with Minhyuk and Jonghyun. Fans were screaming to see the CNBlue members arriving together. The members were however awkward but remained cool and walked straight towards the wards.

JS: "Hello, we are here!"

SH: "Wow, Jungshin chingoo!! Minhyuk! Jonghyun oppa!" (she slowly sat up and greeted the boys happily)

JH: "Get down, get down, why are you moving?" (concern about Seohyun)

SH: "Ah, i'm much better already. Anyway i hurt my head not my body, so it's ok to sit up, haha."

YH: "Wah, why are you guys dressed this way, so hideous?"

MH: "It's so embarrassing, the fans were outside and saw us walking past them. But look at Jungshin, he's holding a pot, Jonghyun carried Seohyun's big tamama plush toy and I bought some drinks and fruits in plastic bags from the supermarket incase you guys want to eat. We looked more like fashion ahjummas."

JS: "Seohyun, you look better today. Thank goodness. Here, hyung asked me to make soy bean paste soup.. don't have too high hope ok? If it's not nice, i will go out and buy another soy bean paste soup for you."

SH: "Smells good. I'll eat well."

JH: "It's not too bad. I tried."

SH: "Mmmm... delicious! Wow, it's good, Jungshin chingoo!" (Seohyun finished the entire bowl within a few minutes)

YH: "Hyun ah, i havent seen you looking hungry for the past few days. It's comforting. To see you happily sipping away."

JS: "It's good isnt it? I have more, i made some for hyung too."

YH: "Jungshin ah, thank you for the soup. Thank you for making my wife happy."

JS: "Hyung, please dont be nice to me this way, i'm not used to it!"

After Seohyun finished her soup, Jonghyun gave her the giant tamama plush toy. He even bought some books for her to read. Minhyuk went to the pantry to prepare the fruits for everyone to share. The members stayed on for a while to entertain Seohyun while they also take the chance to discuss about the songs that Yonghwa composed during the hospital stay.

At night, during the rounds, Seohyun spoke to one of the nurses who has been taking care of her since he got warded. She spoke softly as Yonghwa was already asleep on the sofa. As Seohyun was still worried about her baby, she tried asking the nurse if she could do another scan to make sure everything is alright. The nurse told Seohyun that they will do a scan again before she discharges and advised her not to get worried. She also explained that there is no need to keep scanning unless it's necessary as too much ultrasound may be harmful for the baby. Seohyun only listened when she heard of the potential harm and then pestered the nurse to let her go home soon. The nurse smiled and told Seohyun that the doctor will be checking on her early in the morning, so if she sleeps well and gets well tomorrow morning, she could possibly be discharged soon. Upon hearing the encouragement, Seohyun closed her eyes and tried to sleep.

---

Yonghwa was laughing to himself when he read the messages in his group chat. Minhyuk shared the photos which the fans have taken when they visited Seohyun yesterday. Fans however, commented that they looked cute and sweet as almost everyone knew that the members were visiting Seohyun. One of the photos also showed Jonghyun with the giant tamama plush toy, and Jungshin commented he looked girly. Yonghwa shared the photos with Seohyun and both of them were laughing and making fun of their friends who came all the way to bring them dinner. Seohyun was smiling alot more, she was also easily hungry and kept asking for food. Everyday, the hospital catered 2 sets of food for the couple for every meals but Yonghwa would leave a portion of his food for Seohyun as she looked as though she doesnt have enough to eat.

SH: "Yong, it's already 8am, are they serving breakfast yet?"

YH: "You just had a packet of biscuits and milk, are you hungry again?"

SH: "Ah, no. Just a little."

YH: "Minhyuk bought some Hello Panda biscuits yesterday, do you want them?"

SH: "Err.. I finished them."

YH: "Hyun ah. When did you eat them? Are you a mouse?"

SH: "I was hungry! And i didnt want to wake you up while you were snoring sooooo loudly away."

YH: "I have to ask the doctor to check on you thoroughly. Inside your head, the signals went haywired."

SH: "Ah.. what is wrong with me?"

The doctor and nurses came in just at the right time. Yonghwa stood aside while they assessed Seohyun and he went in the pantry to check on the biscuits. He was really shocked that Seohyun has indeed finished everything in there. "Wow." Yonghwa was amazed.

Doctor: "Mrs Jung's looking good today. Let me see your head, do you feel any discomfort still?"

SH: "No doctor, I think the wound is starting to heal, it's less wet i feel."

Doctor: "Yes, it's looking good. Temperature is ok, the bruises on your arm are fading and your blood pressure is ok. If you continue this way, you may be discharged tomorrow morning."

SH: "Really? Wow, thank you doctor!"

Doctor: "Let's do a scan on the baby. Nurse Kim has told me about your concern."

SH: "Yeah, I was really worried all these while."

Doctor: "Let's see. Can you see the sac here? The foetus is the size of a peanut. You should listen to the heart beat too."

YH: "Woh. Is that the heart beat?" (feeling amazing)

SH: "Yes, i heard it..dup, dup, dup.. so cute."

Doctor: "It's amazing isnt it? Mrs Jung you have to be extra careful now. You should continue with normal activities unless you experience other pregnancy sickness. So for the time being, you should still be able to sing and perform but try not to stick to light dance moves."

SH: "Ah... I understand. Thank you so much Dr Park."

YH: "Thank you Dr Park. We appreciate your advice." (Shakes doctor's hand)

After the doctor left the room, Nurse Kim congratulated the couple and gave them many advice on where they could seek help should they encounter any issues throughout the pregnancy. Then Yonghwa suddenly recalled about Seohyun's constant hunger.

YH: "Oh Nurse Kim, my wife is constantly hungry. Is that normal?"

SH: "Yes, and why is my breakfast not served yet by the way."

Nurse: "Ah.. Is it true? Well, Mr Jung, your wife is eating for two now, it's common for her to be hungry all the time. Sometimes she will also have cravings or mood swings, well it all depends on individual. There are some pregnant ladies who couldnt eat at all, that's more worrying."

YH: "So that's due to the pregnancy? I was thinking it might be her head, receiving and sending wrong hunger signals."

Nurse: "Yes and you will busy taking care of your wife from now on."

SH: "Can you check if my breakfast is ready?"

Nurse: "Sure, sure.. I'll ask them to bring the food over now."

YH: "Hyun, don't eat too much. I'll be broke very soon."

(Seohyun stares at Yonghwa)

YH: "Ok, ok, dont worry Hyun. We'll go groceries shopping once you get better ok?"

SH: "Yippee!"

Breakfast was finally served after a short wait. As usual, Yonghwa only ate half of his portion of food and let Seohyun finished the rest. By the time Seohyun gets discharged, Yonghwa lost about 2kg but Seohyun gained back the weight she lost over the past few days.

----

The next day, after routined daily assessment, Seohyun was given permission to be discharged. To Yonghwa's relief, he could finally go home with Seohyun. Sooyeong and Yoona happened to be free that day and went to pick them up. Before leaving the hospital, Yonghwa went to thank the doctors and nurses who attended to them during their stay, in particularly, Nurse Kim. Yonghwa signed his autograph for the nurses and before he went off, Nurse Kim handed him a get well card to hand it to Seohyun. The fans were still outside the hospital and cheered on when they saw Yonghwa putting his arms around Seohyun and bowed to the crowd, to thank them for the care and concern. While in the car, Seohyun opened up the card and found the image of her ultrasound scan of her baby. Nurse kim and her team had also written get well notes for her and showed encouragement to the couple. Seohyun was so touched by the gesture that she was tearing.

Finally, the couple got home and both her unnies helped to buy some food back for the couple since they heard that Seohyun is constantly hungry. The unnies were so excited that their maknae turned out to be the first to get married and pregnant before the rest. They stayed on for awhile to help out and left after dinner. Yonghwa spent the rest of the night writing songs while Seohyun was resting in the bedroom. Seohyun pasted the image of her baby inside her diary and wrote some notes to her/him. She couldnt wait to see the baby soon.

 

---

to be continued..