Miracle

Fate will return you what you try to let go

35 days into the crash and as more countries stepped up to render their support in the search and rescue operations, news were spreading fast that the debris, believed to be from Flight 023I have been spotted by rescuers.

Seohyun was paying attention to the news and the word "debris" caused her heart to skip a beat. It was obvious to her the plane has crashed. Seohyun's mum was beside her, holding her daughter's hands and comforting her daughter. Just as everyone glued their eyes on the tv, the news broadcast announced an important update regarding the crash. It was confirmed and reported that rescuers have spotted five survivors on a deserted island, which was further than where investigators have predicted where the plane had gone missing.

News footage showed rescue efforts undergoing. Seohyun was praying hard, "let it be them please... God, please I beg of you." While everyone waited for identities of the survivors to be revealed, Seohyun waited anxiously by the TV. Seohyun's mum had to force her to take her dinner as she has been skipping meals lately and lost about 5 kg. Her mum was worried sick of her.

After what seemed like a long wait, reports came in confirming the nationalities of the survivors to be of 2 American male and 3 Korean female. Seohyun dropped to the floor. "It can't be.." She looked at her mum and tears rolled down her cheeks uncontrollably.

Minhyuk texted Seohyun, knowing that she should have seen the news already. But Minhyuk was positive that there would be more survivors and told Seohyun to keep praying. It was the first time since the crash that Minhyuk was feeling hopeful. He said he had intuition.

Seohyun was alone in her room. She took out the photos of Yonghwa and went through all the gifts he had given her. She took out the pink guitar which Yonghwa gave her towards the end of WGM filming and started strumming it as she sang the banmal song which was created by them. A song full of memories and sweetness. Yonghwa's face filled her thoughts and she continued singing through the night, with tears flowing freely on her haggard face.

The next morning, Seohyun's phone rang.

JH: "Seohyun! Watched the news yet? They found another 3 survivors! All Korean nationalities! Our CEO received credible news from the Korean officials that the description of Yonghwa and Jungshin fitted the survivors!"

Seohyun jumped out from her bed and switched on the Tv. True enough, there was another batch of survivors being rescued by the rescue team. Rescuers described the rescue operation to be miraculous as hopes have seemingly faded after a month of search that returned nothing. Now batch by batch, survivors have been found scattered around the deserted islands.

Seohyun rushed over to the CNBlue's dorm where she joined Minhyuk and Jonghyun. The reporters have been kept out outside the villa complex so there were only FNC staff in the dorm. Though Yonghwa did not reveal his relationship with Seohyun to his company, during the past month it was obvious to everyone that something was going on between the two. Even the management was touched by Seohyun's professionalism during this hard time as she was constantly being watched by reporters everywhere she went. Acknowledging Seohyun's relationship with Yonghwa, the management treated Seohyun well and they would include her whenever there are updates to the rescue operations.

Hour by hour, the wait seemed like forever. Finally, the call which everybody was waiting for. The CEO answered it. The Korean officials confirmed that Yonghwa and Jungshin were two of the three survivors rescued. All survivors have been sent to the hospital for immediate treatment via helicopter. When asked about the conditions of the two, the officials described them as "slightly malnourished but strong enough to be moving by themselves".

As the CEO shared the news in the dorm, everyone rejoiced and hugged one another. Tears of joy were shed and Seohyun finally let out a sigh of huge relief. She hugged Jonghyun and Minhyuk as the three would always do to cheer each other up during the past month.

-----

The rescue operation:

Earlier that day, on the deserted island. Yonghwa was helping himself to the bottle of Camel brand nuts which he found in a carton box washed up shore. He wondered whether they were the luckiest survivors of a plane crash ever as there seemed to be endless trays and cartons of food and beverages washing up shore for them. In any way he was thankful for that or the three of them would have to go hunting or fishing like in most movies.

As Yonghwa was eating the nuts, he heard the helicopter from far. He wondered if he was imagining things and quickly asked Jungshin if he heard the same thing. Jungshin's face immediately lit up as he was certain the helicopter was nearby. Yonghwa quickly swayed the palm leaf he has on hand to create more smoke from the fire pit they have built, trying with all their might to get attention from the rescue team.

Soon after, Hannah joined Yonghwa and Jungshin and screamed as much as they could when the sight of the helicopter finally emerged infront of them. Jungshin was estatic when he saw 2 more helicopters followed behind. He

Hannah: "Yonghwa oppa, perhaps we will not see each other anymore after today. I just want to thank you for being the inspiration of my life. I'll miss you." (Hannah hugged Yonghwa tightly)

YH: "Hannah,we are going home soon. You should live well. I hope that you will find someone who can take good care of you soon. Take care!"

Hannah also went on to give Jungshin a little hug before saying goodbye to them. The rescuers put Hannah in the first helicopter and Yonghwa ensured that Jungshin is being well taken care of before he waited for the last helicopter. On the helicopter, one of the South korean rescuers recognized Yonghwa and cheered him on. "Good job, young man! Hang in there. We'll bring you home soon."

Yonghwa smiled at the rescuer and went to sleep due to the extreme exhaustion. For once,Yonghwa was able to sleep peacefully, knowing he is in good hands and that he will be going home soon.

 

----

to be continued